*** 2007 SPRING NATS ENTRY UPDATE ***

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lamar_Huff

SPRING NATS ENTRY UPDATE

We have 218 boats entered as of last night (1/11/07) @ 9:00PM EST. The initial cut off for this race is 225 boats. If your entry is not already en route it is more than likely too late for you to make it in this year.

Once we hit the cap (probably tonight or tomorrow) we will only be accepting entries to fill in the heats that exist when we hit the 225 cap. We will be posting a list of the available "fill-in" spots as soon as possible.

We sincerely appreciate your overwhelming response to the 2007 AMB SPRING NATS!!!

Thanks,

Lamar Huff

President AMB

Last edited by a moderator:
SEVEN DAYS!!! HOLY CRAP!! Now THAT has got to be the FASTEST that ANY race has sold out!!! :eek:

So Lamar it sounds like you'll be posting the contestant entry list this weekend. :D

Norm said he was amazed by the number of UPS Red Label, DHL, & Fed Ex packages he received...
Lamar
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Can't wait to see the contestant list get posted to see who made it ......... and who didn't. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

last year there was all sorts of crying from guys that did not get into the race.
Well one thing I hope is that things are skewed a little differently in terms of individual class limits. Last year an extremely popular class, sport 40, got restricted to one heat. Hopefully things will work out to everyone's satisfaction. B)

Don thanks for reminding me. We ran sport 40 so we remember. Also last year the four scale boats from Florida all ran together. I hope that this year the race committee will try to split up the Florida guys so that we can race against boats from other states and Districts. Will forward this recommenation on to Lamar. Thanks again, Perry

last year there was all sorts of crying from guys that did not get into the race.
Yes Bill Z, Atlanta Model boaters Will host one of the Premier events of 2007 in Model Boat Racing.. Some of the Finest Competiton You can find anywhere... NO B.S. FAST RACING If this is What you like ?? I hope your on the entry List of Racers to meet in April Spring Nationals Competition.......... ATLANTA GA..... Where the Racers go to GET IT ON.....

Yes JOe I believe I made the list along with Steve Newby who is coming with me. He is getting back inot model boating with his mono. It should be lots of fun. See you there.

Yes Bill Z, Atlanta Model boaters Will host one of the Premier events of 2007 in Model Boat Racing.. Some of the Finest Competiton You can find anywhere... NO B.S. FAST RACING If this is What you like ?? I hope your on the entry List of Racers to meet in April Spring Nationals Competition.......... ATLANTA GA..... Where the Racers go to GET IN ON.....

Well one thing I hope is that things are skewed a little differently in terms of individual class limits. Last year an extremely popular class, sport 40, got restricted to one heat. Hopefully things will work out to everyone's satisfaction. B)
FYI: There will be 2 heats of Sport 40 this year...

No matter how hard we try I seriously doubt things will work out to everyone's satisfaction :lol: ...

Lamar

ENTRY UPDATE

Hey Gang,

I spoke w/ Wendy just a few moments ago and a ton of entries show up on Friday. She has not loaded them into the computer yet so I can not say exactly where we stand, but for all practical purposes we have hit the 225 boat cap.

Wendy is going to enter everything tomorrow. I will be posting the entrant list along w/ the available "fill-in" slots tomorrow evening.

On behalf of the Atlanta Model Boaters I would like thank each and every one of you for your continued support of this great event.

Thanks,

Lamar Huff

President AMB

FYI: There will be 2 heats of Sport 40 this year...

No matter how hard we try I seriously doubt things will work out to everyone's satisfaction :lol: ...

Lamar

Not that I registered this year, but I find it strange that you still haven't limited the number of boats per person so as to "satisfy" more of the people. I believe it was a couple or three years ago you posted a boat limit and then quickly turned about face because a few threatened not to attend. I don't know the exact ratio but I think it would make more sence to accomodate and satisfy 110 plus racers, than it would 80-90. For the few that would choose not to come because of a decision to limit the number of boat entries per person, there would be three or four willing to take their place. Don't freak on me for my post. You have a premier race site that sells out in record time. Why not make it available to as many racers as possible. Just a suggestion....

Ron

Latest posts

Back