*** 2007 SPRING NATS ENTRY UPDATE ***

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ron, I can appreciate your point of view. But if you have been to this race its asses and elbows. If you add 30 more boaters with cars and maybe trailers, I can't imagine what it would be like. My opinion. Ray B) B)

Ron, I did kick around the idea of limiting the number of entries per person a few years ago. After looking @ the numbers you would have to limit the number of entries per person to 3 classes max to have a significant impact on the number of racers that get in. Even some of my own club members were/are against the idea... I backed off becuase I did not want to kill the momentum we have gained since instituting the TWIN SHOOTOUT event...

Lamar

SPRING NATS ENTRY UPDATE
We have 218 boats entered as of last night (1/11/07) @ 9:00PM EST. The initial cut off for this race is 225 boats. If your entry is not already en route it is more than likely too late for you to make it in this year.

Once we hit the cap (probably tonight or tomorrow) we will only be accepting entries to fill in the heats that exist when we hit the 225 cap. We will be posting a list of the available "fill-in" spots as soon as possible.

We sincerely appreciate your overwhelming response to the 2007 AMB SPRING NATS!!!

Thanks,

Lamar Huff

President AMB
Lamar, Check your personal messages on I/W board. Joe.

OK BOYS.........................THIS WERE I KICKIN WITH CABIN FEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

IF YOU ARE MAN ENOUGH.......................SET UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p :p :p

Soooo......where's the list?? :D
Entrant list posted HERE.

Sponsor page also updated HERE.

Thanks,

Lamar
Looks like the Who's Who of racing are in the line up. Lot of great names in those classes.

Mark
I noticed that too. Kinda of wondering what I was thinking when I entered! :unsure:
Simple. You're thinking of how much

FUN

you're going to have. B)

Last edited by a moderator:
Soooo......where's the list?? :D
Entrant list posted HERE.

Sponsor page also updated HERE.

Thanks,

Lamar
Looks like the Who's Who of racing are in the line up. Lot of great names in those classes.

Mark
I noticed that too. Kinda of wondering what I was thinking when I entered! :unsure:
Simple. You're thinking of how much

FUN

you're going to have. B)
Oh, that's right! I knew that had to be a reason. :D

I wish it wasn't so far. I sure would like to go, but over 10 hrs makes it hard for a two day race.. maybe some day

chris

I may have the answer to that question. My Club in Florida, Space Coast Rudder Busters, has a race scheduled for the same weekend. I requested that they change the date to a week before or a week after Atlanta but they want to discuss it first at the NAMBA Winternats next week. Of course we know that it is now too late for them to register for Atlanta. I believe that the FL race date will have to be changed as four of the SCRB members will be in Atlanta. So that is my opinion of why there aren't more boats registered from Florida. It is a shame that we can't work together to get our dates organized before the season starts. I had requested several years agp that the two District Directors get together each year to discuss dates which was agreed upon but then the Director(s) changed and my recommendation went out the window.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Perry

So Perry, what you are saying is our district "heads of state" cant bend on the dates by 2 weeks, 1 week one way or the other to accomadate the oversite of conflicting dates?

Without having a district meeting to say its OK???

Rick

Perry,

It might have helped or been avoided if yourself, Mark (Scale Director) or other members of your club would have attended this meeting. You had known for some time that this district meeting was going to occur and what was on the agenda.

Brian

I may have the answer to that question. My Club in Florida, Space Coast Rudder Busters, has a race scheduled for the same weekend. I requested that they change the date to a week before or a week after Atlanta but they want to discuss it first at the NAMBA Winternats next week. Of course we know that it is now too late for them to register for Atlanta. I believe that the FL race date will have to be changed as four of the SCRB members will be in Atlanta. So that is my opinion of why there aren't more boats registered from Florida. It is a shame that we can't work together to get our dates organized before the season starts. I had requested several years agp that the two District Directors get together each year to discuss dates which was agreed upon but then the Director(s) changed and my recommendation went out the window.That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Perry

I may have the answer to that question. My Club in Florida, Space Coast Rudder Busters, has a race scheduled for the same weekend. I requested that they change the date to a week before or a week after Atlanta but they want to discuss it first at the NAMBA Winternats next week. Of course we know that it is now too late for them to register for Atlanta. I believe that the FL race date will have to be changed as four of the SCRB members will be in Atlanta. So that is my opinion of why there aren't more boats registered from Florida. It is a shame that we can't work together to get our dates organized before the season starts. I had requested several years agp that the two District Directors get together each year to discuss dates which was agreed upon but then the Director(s) changed and my recommendation went out the window.That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Perry
Perry,

Your very right. But the sad fact is there are races that everyone knows the dates on every year. There what I call set in stone. And for a club to set a race on these dates is just not thinking or has another reason for doing it.

Mark

Latest posts

Back