2007 NAMBA Nationals

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys, I have both boats in question. The belly pan on the supersport 45 is 11/16" deep and must be 1/2" deep. Measure from the tunnel top to the bottom of the belly pan at the trailing edge of the sponsons. I think Phil is making a patch. I fixed mine buy cutting and reducing belly pan at said postion.

The other boat in question is specificly, but maybe not only the insane cracker. We own one and fixed this boat as well. The angle of the vee at the transom must be 3 degrees or less. I sanded the keel down toward the chine. Taking more material at the keel. Not a hard fix and neither mod has had any ill effects. Make sure you read the namba rule book regarding any of the classes you may run at the nats.

Bob Tuttle

Robert,

over time. different manufacturers make different hulls as they make improvements. Not all hulls from the same manufacturer are identical. Mike made it real easy for you. Go to the NAMBA rule book for Hull Classifications for Sport boats and the Crackerbox rules in the Gas section. There are just a few things you need to check on your boat. There are diagrams to help you out.

Making sure that our boats are compliant is something we should all check ........ but sometimes we don't. Mike is providing everyone the courtesy of communicating with us now, rather than waiting for the boater who comes in second place at the Nats filing a protest.

Al Waters

Sorry Robert I wasn't trying to be secretive by not mentioning any specific manufacturers. First, I didn't want to give anyone the impression I was trying to slam a manufacturer by mentioning them specifically. Second, with the Crackers I'm not sure how many manufacturers there are. I personally have an Insane hull that has a minor issue to fix but I'm kind of new to Gas and I'm not up on all who make a Cracker hull.

We know for sure about the PT SS45 hull but there may be others that is why I just suggested consulting the NAMBA rule book. I know Phil is aware of the issue and I'm told he is offering a fix for it so you can contact him for more about it. I know for sure about the Insane CB hull since I have one, but I know there are others I just am not sure who they are. Plus there are always the scratch builts.

The CrackerBox issue has raised some issues in our own district and in my conversations with our Gas Chairman and our Scale Unlimited Chairman we are resolving those issues. I simply explained to both of them that CB is a Scale type class but unlike Scale Unlimited which actually has a Chairperson to oversee it, CrackerBox has been lumped in with all the other Gas classes most times and kind of gets lost in the mix I think. So I told our Gas Chairman he is going to have to be part Gas part Scale chairman with regards to that class.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the reply as I have a SS45 and it will be corrected. Thanks for the heads up. Please people lets not get on a bashing session, Mike just saved me a big headache in July.

Thanks again

Robert

Thanks for the reply as I have a SS45 and it will be corrected. Thanks for the heads up. Please people lets not get on a bashing session, Mike just saved me a big headache in July.

Thanks again

Robert
Hey I have you guys taken care of. Eric Boulet informed me of this detail this year. Boats been around since 1990 and someone finally read the rulebook :lol: Maybe that rule came along long after I started selling the SSP45, no one really knows when or why there is a rule for depths on bellypan sport boats I am told. I wasnt aware of it either.

It is no big deal to fix and the mod I have actually settles the boat down in racing conditions

You can do it yourself or get one of my mod kits which consists of a epoxyglass filler sheet for the left and right tunnel to be glued in between the belly pan and sponson. It make the tunnel angle of attack less so the hull makes less lift and meets the NAMBA 1/2 inch depth rule.

check out the pictures in this album SSP45 NAMBA MOD

https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=832

PHIL THOMAS

Another quick update.....

We've had a couple of requests for larger T-Shirt sizes that what is on the entry form. Currently we go to 2X and and we've had a couple asking for 3X. If you want a 3X simply add $2 to the 2X price and write 3X in and we will take care of it. Entries are still coming in at a brisk pace and we are just shy of 500 boats with almost six weeks until the cutoff. Please make sure you get them in soon as some classes are close to full if not full already.

Only a few more days left to take advantage of the Nationals room rate at Embassy Suites. After 4/30 they go back to normal. You can get to the host hotel website through the Nats website at www.2007nambanationals.com

Two and a half months to go until we let it all hang out here in Northern California and the pieces are falling into place snugly. Embassy Suites reports that they are all sold out of the block of rooms we have for the NAMBA rate. However a quick check of other hotels in the area report that they still have room so there are no excuses to not get here. Cutoff for entries is in 31 days. All entries must be postmarked by 5/31. District 19 is in....District 8 is in....District 9 is in bigtime.....Districts 16 and 20 are in...and I think even Buckshot is comin' representin' D7. Some of Aussie friends are in. Oh and ya know I think I even saw a cople of IMPBA guys crossing over to the dark side! Funny I haven't seen any entries from District 3??????

District 19 is in....District 8 is in....District 9 is in bigtime.....Districts 16 and 20 are in...and I think even Buckshot is comin' representin' D7.
You know it!

It's going to be great to hook up with all of ya'll again!

-Buck- :)

Ok Mike got the clue... we here in the Allen Family have to plan our summer vacation a year in advance...so we had to make a choice either Califorina or futher west than you.... Sorry fellow boaters,,mountains,,beaches,horseback riding,, marlin fishing....etc won out...

I only speak for my family and sorry that we cant make it,,, i hope some of the other dist 3 members can make it...you all sure did support our NAMBA Nationals....

Mike & Roger,

I have already entered on a certain frequency and I might be purchasing and switching to a spectrum system.

Do I need to call, fax, e-mail, snail mail or what??? Does this pose a problem? What should I do if anything.

Robert Holland

Mike & Roger,I have already entered on a certain frequency and I might be purchasing and switching to a spectrum system.

Do I need to call, fax, e-mail, snail mail or what??? Does this pose a problem? What should I do if anything.

Robert Holland
I don't think it would even be an issue with this but Please email Jenny Lanza ([email protected]) she is our admin chairman. If she has questions she can bring it up at our committee meeting this weekend.

The 2007 Nats Committee has been working very hard to create the most valuable experience possible for our guest. Due to the location some cost may be more than usual. However, in an attempt to ease the financial burden of your racing experience the 2007 Nats Committee has partnered with Hobbytown of San Jose. Hobbytown is proud to present Red Max and O' Donnel Fuel at discount pricing exclusively for our 2007 NAMBA Nationals participants. Hobbytown is located just minutes away from the race site where you can pick up your fuel on your way to the race. Just one more benefit to the 2007 NAMBA Nationals. To visit our customized ordering page visit our website at http://www.2007nambanationals.com.

I just finished reading all 93 posts on this 2007 Nationals.

I love this hobby.

Thanks to Mike and Roger and who ever has helped them with this undertaking

because in my opinion they have done an awesome job at everthing involved.....

Robert Holland and I are in the District 20 Colorado area and are looking to help

hold the 2008 nationals here, and this 2007 Nationals looks to be the model of how to do it.

Thanks again Mike and Roger and I can not wait to get there and Race....

Joe

I just finished reading all 93 posts on this 2007 Nationals.I love this hobby.

Thanks to Mike and Roger and who ever has helped them with this undertaking

because in my opinion they have done an awesome job at everthing involved.....

Robert Holland and I are in the District 20 Colorado area and are looking to help

hold the 2008 nationals here, and this 2007 Nationals looks to be the model of how to do it.

Thanks again Mike and Roger and I can not wait to get there and Race....

Joe
Thanks JS... We ARE hoping that this turn out well so that it CAN serve as a possible model to improve the visibility and value of the R/C Boat Racing experience. I myself will be happy to share any of our past ideas and assist in any way I can help you generate new ones that would best suit your nats in 2008. See you at the nats.

Thanks Joe,

But it's not just Roger and I although we are the most visible. We have a committee that is doing a stellar job behind the scenes and they have shown that they can handle adversity and exhibited some outstanding problem-solving skills. Trust me there has been plenty of adversity to deal with on a number of levels.

By the way with 13 days until the cutoff we are just shy of 550 boats. I know of a few entries that are still on the way in and one that has to be resubmitted as we didn't receive the original. We will probably top out somewhere around 600. Looking at the way the boat counts are going we have a couple of classes that are over limit and a couple that will not make the minimum. So if we can we will add another heat on over classes on days where we have had to drop one. Please don't delay if you plan to enter. Entries must be postmarked by 5/31.

Nats-Banner.gif

How long a drive do the folks in the Seattle area think it is to San Jose?

We're on the East side. Just cogitating a little. My son Dave and I made the Nats in 02 in Springfield. He was fortunate enough to win Scale Hydro then. Just kinda wondering if he wants a chance to beat his old man in San Jose. :rolleyes:

How long a drive do the folks in the Seattle area think it is to San Jose?
We're on the East side. Just cogitating a little. My son Dave and I made the Nats in 02 in Springfield. He was fortunate enough to win Scale Hydro then. Just kinda wondering if he wants a chance to beat his old man in San Jose. :rolleyes:
That would be about 16 hours Bill.

Hey Bill,

I have made a few trips (six) to Tri-Cities in your neck of the woods. If you guys can make it down to the Nats, you and I would be splitting the distance this time around.

Now I can't guarantee a spread as nice as the one you put on Saturday night's at your race, but we can come with something. It would be great to see you again.

Thanks,

Al Waters

Back