2007 NAMBA Nationals

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey

Mike are you going to have an entrants page on the web page so we can see who has entered.

You should have mine & Wildbill entry by now.

Last edited by a moderator:
We are in the middle of sending confirmation letters to everyone that has entered so far. I'm pretty sure we have all of you guys from OZ. I know Jennie was telling me one of you send in cash for your fees which I thought was kind of funny.

Trailers can be left overnight inside the fenced area we will be in. There is security in the park overnight. We will open the vehicle gates coming into our area at the beginning and the end of each day for those that do not have trailers that just want to unload and load by thier tents. All vehicles must be in the parking lot by the driver's meeting each day.

:rolleyes: :ph34r: Want to know Update: List of Entrants (by Class) since today ??? ;) I already sent 2007 Namba Nats entry form out today :)

Allan we will post the list of entrants by class after the deadline has passed. Right now it would be a lot of work keep updated as we are getting a few a day so we decided we'll post them all at once after the deadline.

Just a quick hit to let everyone know things are moving rather quickly now as entries are still coming in daily and some classes may reach capacity within the next few weeks. Class sponsorships are almost full as well. A few Gas classes still remain if you would like to sponsor a class contact Roger or myself.

I was informed yesterday that the block of rooms we had set aside at the Nationals rate are all booked up. To be honest I was surprised they booked this fast given the number we had set aside, it was quite a few. I will be in contact with the hotel most of this week regarding other issues and I will inquire as to whether we can get some additional rooms at that rate since we booked them up almost a month before the cutoff for that price. I will post my answer from them as soon as I have it.

Entries are still coming in at a brisk pace and with the cutoff date being 5/31 please don't delay as some classes are near capacity.

Mike

I tried to get a 2 queen bed room a couple of weeks back. No go. Let me know if they open up any. I would like to change my single king into a 2 queen bed.

Thanks

Mike

Will do Mike. I have to talk with them about details for the banquet and other activities this week I wasn't expecting to have to ask about more rooms. We thought that we had given them a pretty good number and I was actually worried we wouldn't book them all out.

For those of you that don't want to wait until I can get an answer from Embassy Suites there are two other hotels right in the same vacinity of Embassy that still have rooms available. We may also be adding an activity on the final Friday of the week. It will be a Movie Night get together at a local eatery. Since it will be the night before Scale Unlimiteds race we will have Thunderboat footage old and new and we may have some home movie footage from some previous Nationals.

Ok it appears that one of our committee members was given incorrect information by a hotel employee. There are still rooms available at the Nationals Rate until the end of the month. Sorry for any confusion.

Does all the above mean, that on Friday the 6th, in order to test and set up trailers, that we need to be at the site prior to 7:00 am. If we arrive in town later than 7:00 am on Friday do we need to carry our stuff in in order to test?

Robert Holland

Alfred told me that they will have the keys to the gate to get in all day thursday and friday. I had the same concern. Leaving at 8 PM on weds with a 12+ hour drive and not being able to get in till friday morning would suck. It is good to here some of the colorado guys are coming. So whos coming out with you Robert?

Mike

Okay...

I just spoke with the hospitality chair person who just spoke with the hotel and here is the skinny or the fat of the situation with the hotel rooms.

We did not block out as many rooms in the before the the event actually begins (July 7th) as we did for the duration of the event. As a result the days from the 3rd to the 6th have all been booked. We believed that most would use that first weeked to travel and not arrive until Saturday and/or Sunday.

If you are trying to book a room from the 7th to the 14th online there are plenty of rooms available.

Yeah

I just got off the phone with the reservation lady and that is what she said. In order for me to get a 2 queen bed I would have to pay 149 for thurs and 169 for fri and the rest at the 119. The 2 room would be guaranteed at that price. I am still debating.

Mike

Yeah I just got off the phone with the reservation lady and that is what she said. In order for me to get a 2 queen bed I would have to pay 149 for thurs and 169 for fri and the rest at the 119. The 2 room would be guaranteed at that price. I am still debating.

Mike
Let me see if I can help. If you can wait a couple days to give me time to see what I can do with that before you make a decision I may be able to make the decision a lot easier. We will see.

Alfred told me that they will have the keys to the gate to get in all day thursday and friday. I had the same concern. Leaving at 8 PM on weds with a 12+ hour drive and not being able to get in till friday morning would suck. It is good to here some of the colorado guys are coming. So whos coming out with you Robert?Mike
Mike,

All the same guys that were at Crazy Al's last year will be coming out. That would be myself, David Holland Joe Scarpino and our kids. We will be sure to keep David's son Cody away from you as much as possible. hahahahahahahah (We took his outboard away from him)

Robert

Yeah I just got off the phone with the reservation lady and that is what she said. In order for me to get a 2 queen bed I would have to pay 149 for thurs and 169 for fri and the rest at the 119. The 2 room would be guaranteed at that price. I am still debating.

Mike

We just made our reservation and got all the rooms for 119.00per night except for the first Friday at 149.00 not 169.00.

Robert Holand

Just a quick heads up on a couple of things. Maybe one of these was covered earlier in the thread but it's so long now I can't find it. There are a couple of hull compliance issues that have come up one of which I think most are aware of but maybe it hasn't reached everyone yet. We will be checking to make sure ALL hulls are legal but we will be focusing especially on a couple of classes as problems with these two have come up of late.

There is one Sport 40 hull that is not legal per NAMBA rules. The good news is I'm told the builder is offering a fix for the problem. Please refer to the dimensions table in the NAMBA rule book to make sure that your boat/boats are legal before you arrive. Any boat not in compliance will not be allowed to run.

The other class we are kind of honed in on is CrackerBox. Apparently there are quite a few glass hulls being manufactured that are not in compliance. It mainly has to do with the amount angle on the bottom. The other issues with CrackerBox are having to do with building issues like the correct size, appearance and height of the drivers. Plus exceeding the length that hardware is allowed to protrude from the transom. Again please consult the NAMBA rule book or contact me or Roger with questions.

Just a quick heads up on a couple of things. Maybe one of these was covered earlier in the thread but it's so long now I can't find it. There are a couple of hull compliance issues that have come up one of which I think most are aware of but maybe it hasn't reached everyone yet. We will be checking to make sure ALL hulls are legal but we will be focusing especially on a couple of classes as problems with these two have come up of late.
There is one Sport 40 hull that is not legal per NAMBA rules. The good news is I'm told the builder is offering a fix for the problem. Please refer to the dimensions table in the NAMBA rule book to make sure that your boat/boats are legal before you arrive. Any boat not in compliance will not be allowed to run.

The other class we are kind of honed in on is CrackerBox. Apparently there are quite a few glass hulls being manufactured that are not in compliance. It mainly has to do with the amount angle on the bottom. The other issues with CrackerBox are having to do with building issues like the correct size, appearance and height of the drivers. Plus exceeding the length that hardware is allowed to protrude from the transom. Again please consult the NAMBA rule book or contact me or Roger with questions.
PLEASE ENLIGHTEN US as to which hull is incorrect in your determination. Hate to get there and not be allowed to run. No reson to e secretive about which one you will blackflag. Not trying to start anything here just want to race.

Robert

Back