2007 IMPBA Intenats "Update"

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys,

When someone calls or e-mails me with...you better check out international waters or some other forum site, I'm always amazed at whats being said. I see two big concerns that need to be addressed. One is the lake being surveyed and the other is the noise rule. As stated in the event flyer, March Roostertails, and a few other places..our lake is not surveyed. When the origional bid and flyer was developed, (and it was months late, and we all know why) I was advised to make it clear that our lake is not surveyed and did not have to be. But also, again in the March Roostertails and a few other places, every attempt will be made to get it done before the event, and make sure it can not change. We braved the cold and possible thin ice, to move the course to the best part of the lake and mearsured it to be as close as possible with the goal to make it IMPBA legal and eaisly surveyed. The best promise I can tell you all is PMBC is working on it and will do everything possible to reach that goal.

The second is the noise rule. The only thing I can tell you on this subject is PMBC will follow the IMPBA rules that are effect at the time of the event and hopefully eveyone will also.

Lastly, I've talked to many of the racers over the phone or by e-mail and it has been a real pleasure. Hopefully we've been able to handle all of the questions and concerns, and look forward to meeting you all. PMBC has well over a 100 hours invested already in putting on this Prestigious Event, and will continue to make it one of the best events ever. Please feel to contact myself or Rick with any concerns or questions.

SEE YOU AT THE 2007 IMPBA INTERNATIONAL REGATTA

I was just wondering... what is the difference and the need for IMPBA Winter Nats, Spring Nats and Internats in July. Do you offer different classes like they do for the Olympics and Winter Olympics? Just curious? I see so many nationals over here how do you know who is really number one?

Isnt the Winternats a NAMBA Event?
~James
Roger while both the now NAMBA race called the Winternats and the IMPBA race at Atlanta SPRING NATS are both GREAT PREMIER EVENTS neither use the format or have the same meaning as the IMPBA Internats. Why they call them the nats is beyond me. The Spring Nats fills up fast and can stand on its own no matter what you call it. Mikey

Isnt the Winternats a NAMBA Event?
~James
Roger while both the now NAMBA race called the Winternats and the IMPBA race at Atlanta SPRING NATS are both GREAT PREMIER EVENTS neither use the format or have the same meaning as the IMPBA Internats. Why they call them the nats is beyond me. The Spring Nats fills up fast and can stand on its own no matter what you call it. Mikey

The answer is simple. Those races have been called "Nats" for over 20+ years and have been grandfathered within the IMPBA rules and have been allowed to continue with the name. Future races are not allowed to use the terms Nationals or Nats as those names are specifically prohibited in the rule book unless waived by the national board. The Winternats are now under NAMBA. Both use the regular race formats and do not use the INTERNATS format.

Mike,

Contact Mark Owens from the Oakland Wolverines Club in Michigan. He's one hell of a nice guy, races in the scale class and is a surveyor. This should help ya get the course surveyed.

Mark

I was surprized that Tom closed the topic on," Requirements", today without anyone answering the simple question I posed. Why no survey? Is it because of the cost or the pond being to small, which is it?? I don't claim to be an expert on the requirements but I am looking for an answer to my question? This is the premier event for our hobby, why should cutting corners be allowed or suggested. They shouldn't, not at this event. In 2003, no other Club submitted a bid to host the Internats except the Ford Model Boat Club and we had a surveyed course, why is the IMPBA Board lowering its standards by allowing changes to specifications of our premier event?

Why is it year after year the same people complain about this or that? Last year it was the noise issue this year its the course being surveyed. We are in this hobby for the fun of it. If I would have my say there would not be any straight away or oval time trials just more heat racing. Thats where the fun is. It should be left up to the host club. If you do not like it stay home. KEN

Guys,

Kennys comments are just the way I feel too.. others too.. I do not know…. Lets face it, IMPBA accepted the bid. The club is busting ass to make this a great race. If you have reservations about attending because of something that is being done then it’s a good think we have a choice to attend or not. Oh I know its not that simple but the bottom line is that if you are not willing to agree with what has been set forth for you, you might want to pass on it this year.

Having said that you know what is going to happen if you pass on this race.. There are going to be lots of people having a good time playing boats. Friends are going to be racing and talking smack. The pits are going to smell like nitro and the pit parties after each days racing….I would not miss all of this because of the lack of a surveyed course.

IF… this was a safety issue (AND IT IS NOT) I feel you have a right to contact the club (NOT USING I WATERS AS YOUR ***** HOME) and let them know your concerns. Past that point..

Grimracer

Just to clear-up any possible misunderstanding I may have generated, I normally don't complain in print, and my flustration with the rules has and was never directed at any club or 1 person, it is at the rule book and it's few stupid rules. I sent my entry in in January. I could care less if the course is surveyed, and I am well within the stated limit on noise. I just am concerned about the new rules and the lack of enforcement capibilities. I try to contribute to this sport and help alot of people when I can. I bust my butt to put on my own race and know what it takes and will continue to do so until noone shows up anymore. That is why I like to attend other race sites, as all I have to do is race. And if I ever get enough members back in the Indy club, we will again bid to host the Internats. In the mean time, I will continue to go to as many races as can be done, we will all have our moments of being upset with some one or the rules, but hopefully the few I may have offended will get over it. I will continue to be flustrated at the rule book, now quitely thou as I am ripping my keyboard out to prevent my posting anymore comments that may upset the powers to be.

I was surprized that Tom closed the topic on," Requirements", today without anyone answering the simple question I posed. Why no survey? Is it because of the cost or the pond being to small, which is it?? I don't claim to be an expert on the requirements but I am looking for an answer to my question? This is the premier event for our hobby, why should cutting corners be allowed or suggested. They shouldn't, not at this event. In 2003, no other Club submitted a bid to host the Internats except the Ford Model Boat Club and we had a surveyed course, why is the IMPBA Board lowering its standards by allowing changes to specifications of our premier event?
THE POND IS NOT TO SMALL!!!! Mike will have to answer the other part of the question....

I would like to post a correction to my statement on the other Internats post I made mistake when I posted this;

"MArk you were on the board that APPROVED THE BID this email was sent out back in November why didn't you do more complaining back then?"

Mark was on the board and did receive a copy of the bid but the meeting was held after he had lost the District Election due to the busy holiday season and he did not get to vote on this item.

Fellas,

Let's Race,leave all the BS and political crap alone, and go to the pond and tweek your set up for the big event.

We got into this hobby to have fun and be with friends,so let's go have some fun in Ohio this year.

The End, :lol:

Mark Sholund

Isn't this FORM to help boaters?

If you got a ***** about the NATS, go through the right channels.

This FORM is not the right channel.

The samepeop;e do the most bitching.

You are luckie to have a NATS this year.

The way you people *****, you might not have one next year.

I can see why FL. went to NAMPA.

I am getting old, but I can remember when boating was a lot of fun.

Today it is my way, or everybody else is wrong.

Said my pace.

Norris Sparks

Boy Norris you nailed right on the head.

Isn't this FORM to help boaters?If you got a ***** about the NATS, go through the right channels.

This FORM is not the right channel.

The samepeop;e do the most bitching.

You are luckie to have a NATS this year.

The way you people *****, you might not have one next year.

I can see why FL. went to NAMPA.

I am getting old, but I can remember when boating was a lot of fun.

Today it is my way, or everybody else is wrong.

Said my pace.

Norris Sparks

I wasn't asking for everyones opinion, about why the course hasn't been surveyed, I'm asking the Hosts of this years Internats? Is the pond to small or was it the expense? I mean, if the ponds to small then say it. I can't believe its the cost as the IMPBA fronts the Club money still don't they?

As far as the reason the survey is done is (A) tradition ( B) that it not only sets up for the placement of the bouys for the course but the location of where the electronic eyes need to be placed for the timing portion of the races. An if the electronic eyes are not placed in the exact position, then there can be no record trails.

So rather than you express your opinion here again, let this years CD answer the questions.

If you would Mark.. You might want to call him directly and ask him this.

Thanks dude.. see ya at the show.

Girm

Back