2007 IMPBA Intenats "Update"

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NOGASNEEDED

I would like to let everybody know race entries have been coming in daily. We currently have 20 drivers and 59 boats registered to compete with 4-1/2 months to go. If you plan on attending this years Internats, please send your entry forms in early to reserve your frequency. On February 24th a few of the "Brave" PMBC members measured and staked out the race course for the 2007 season. It was a very long 6 hours of measuring, drilling and hammering in 20 degree temperature, but we did it! For more information on the Internats and the Performance Model Boat Club please visit our website.

http://www.performancemodelboatclub.com/home.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to let everybody know race entries have been coming in daily. We currently have 20 drivers and 59 boats registered to compete with 4-1/2 months to go. If you plan on attending this years Internats, please send your entry forms in early to reserve your frequency. On February 24th a few of the "Brave" PMBC members measured and staked out the race course for the 2007 season. It was a very long 6 hours of measuring, drilling and hammering in 20 degree temperature, but we did it! For more information on the Intenats and the Perfomance Model Boat Club please visit our website. http://www.performancemodelboatclub.com/home.htm
Is the course a surveyed course?

Mark

I would like to let everybody know race entries have been coming in daily. We currently have 20 drivers and 59 boats registered to compete with 4-1/2 months to go. If you plan on attending this years Internats, please send your entry forms in early to reserve your frequency. On February 24th a few of the "Brave" PMBC members measured and staked out the race course for the 2007 season. It was a very long 6 hours of measuring, drilling and hammering in 20 degree temperature, but we did it! For more information on the Intenats and the Perfomance Model Boat Club please visit our website. http://www.performancemodelboatclub.com/home.htm

Mark
Mark i was told by them that the course will not be certified to break a record in the event someone runs under the record it will not count. Its going to be a trophy trial with no chance of setting records. Hope this helps Mike

Mark
Mark i was told by them that the course will not be certified to break a record in the event someone runs under the record it will not count. Its going to be a trophy trial with no chance of setting records. Hope this helps Mike
Yes I just went up and read that on the website for the host club. I feel like that is taking the short way out for the Internats. I do know that there has been a few Internats that have not had a surveyed course and the board has allowed that but it is a requirement for the Internats and the host club has the time to have their course surveyed. Some people will say that records can not be set at the Internats but that is just not so. I have set one back in 86' and I know that Andy has set some and others have also. Last year we had two set depending on motors being legal but the course was not set to the surveyors markers.

To not have the course surveyed is to take away from the goals of US-1. What is US–1? It is the results of what makes a well-rounded boater. Our US–1 is what makes us different from the rest of the world. The reason why we have US–1 is it shows the results of a well-rounded boater by first having to place well in heat racing. Next by having to perform well in the Trophy Trials, which are straightaway and oval timed events which could be record runs as to this may be the only chance of a boater being able to make a record run. Some boaters just race and do not go to record trials and should be allow the chance to achieve records at this premier event.

I do have concerns that this may be the smallest Internats in the past years that it has started. Because of the noise problem and no idea that it will be fixed. There are about 15 to 25 boaters that are waiting on some answers to see if they are going or not. If things do not change for the better they will not go and there will be about 100 to 150 boats not there. This is a huge number of boats and I do not know if the host club will be able to over come the expence of the Internats with this many boats not there.

Mark

Mark
Yes I just went up and read that on the website for the host club. I feel like that is taking the short way out for the Internats. I do know that there has been a few Internats that have not had a surveyed course and the board has allowed that but it is a requirement for the Internats and the host club has the time to have their course surveyed. Some people will say that records can not be set at the Internats but that is just not so. I have set one back in 86' and I know that Andy has set some and others have also. Last year we had two set depending on motors being legal but the course was not set to the surveyors markers.

To not have the course surveyed is to take away from the goals of US-1. What is US–1? It is the results of what makes a well-rounded boater. Our US–1 is what makes us different from the rest of the world. The reason why we have US–1 is it shows the results of a well-rounded boater by first having to place well in heat racing. Next by having to perform well in the Trophy Trials, which are straightaway and oval timed events which could be record runs as to this may be the only chance of a boater being able to make a record run. Some boaters just race and do not go to record trials and should be allow the chance to achieve records at this premier event.

I do have concerns that this may be the smallest Internats in the past years that it has started. Because of the noise problem and no idea that it will be fixed. There are about 15 to 25 boaters that are waiting on some answers to see if they are going or not. If things do not change for the better they will not go and there will be about 100 to 150 boats not there. This is a huge number of boats and I do not know if the host club will be able to over come the expence of the Internats with this many boats not there.

Mark
I believe at some point in the near future we will be racing for a national champ not US-1. I dont know if i agree with it but in the interest of time i see it coming. I also dont agree with it taking away from US-1 not being surveyed, if the course is legal size we all have the same 3 factors to contend with. Heat racing being #1 and the timed events being as important as heat racing if you wanna be US-1 you must perform and have some famous racing luck. I for one will most likely not ever win a timed event but will run it when required AND it will keep me from US-1. WE all have different agendas,mine is to do the best with the time i have to invest in racing.The internats is a wonderful place to meet new and old friends. This internats will not suffer from the noise issue or lack of entries being farther north and east will draw more northern folks. My 2cents agree disagree pick it apart attend or not it will be a fine race put on by some hard working folks that deserve a pat on the back Mikey

..... I do have concerns that this may be the smallest Internats in the past years that it has started. Because of the noise problem and no idea that it will be fixed. There are about 15 to 25 boaters that are waiting on some answers to see if they are going or not. If things do not change for the better they will not go and there will be about 100 to 150 boats not there. This is a huge number of boats and I do not know if the host club will be able to over come the expence of the Internats with this many boats not there.
Mark, believe it or not some of us on the board are way deep into this current dB issue & changes needed to improve the situation this year. I'm currently not at liberty to discuss it yet so for now please don't ask. Yes there is a problem & yes we are trying to do something about it as quickly as possible. So with that in mind I'm asking please stop using these posts as a sounding board to complain about the rule. We're working on dude! ;)

Mark

Mark
I believe at some point in the near future we will be racing for a national champ not US-1. I dont know if i agree with it but in the interest of time i see it coming. I also dont agree with it taking away from US-1 not being surveyed, if the course is legal size we all have the same 3 factors to contend with. Heat racing being #1 and the timed events being as important as heat racing if you wanna be US-1 you must perform and have some famous racing luck. I for one will most likely not ever win a timed event but will run it when required AND it will keep me from US-1. WE all have different agendas,mine is to do the best with the time i have to invest in racing.The internats is a wonderful place to meet new and old friends. This internats will not suffer from the noise issue or lack of entries being farther north and east will draw more northern folks. My 2cents agree disagree pick it apart attend or not it will be a fine race put on by some hard working folks that deserve a pat on the back Mikey
Mikey

I have heard that to. And I don't know where these people that want to change it will save any time. You have put two of these on and you tell me is there anyway that you could have heat racing and then have some kind of runoff heats to find out who would be National Champion? I have done the math and I know that you know it won't make it any shorter by doing that also. But I do feel like that US-1 does mean something to you. I myself have only won one, back into it and Doc just won his first one in 2005 after 25 years. We too try to do the best that we can with the time we have invested. And this is why we have never been US-1 as many times as we have been. But we have always enjoyed everyone of the Internats except the one last year "no offence". But setting a record at a Internats is huge in it's self and to take it away to not allow the member that never gets to go to a record trial a change is just not right even thou they are Trophy Trials. I do understand that some club ponds are not able to have record runs but the chance is always there. But the fact it is one of the major requirements for the Internats.

Mark

..... I do have concerns that this may be the smallest Internats in the past years that it has started. Because of the noise problem and no idea that it will be fixed. There are about 15 to 25 boaters that are waiting on some answers to see if they are going or not. If things do not change for the better they will not go and there will be about 100 to 150 boats not there. This is a huge number of boats and I do not know if the host club will be able to over come the expence of the Internats with this many boats not there.
Mark, believe it or not some of us on the board are way deep into this current dB issue & changes needed to improve the situation this year. I'm currently not at liberty to discuss it yet so for now please don't ask. Yes there is a problem & yes we are trying to do something about it as quickly as possible. So with that in mind I'm asking please stop using these posts as a sounding board to complain about the rule. We're working on dude! ;)
Don

Not asking and don't care. I have heard all of this before. I have my act together do ya? I just know that there are some very concerned boaters that want to know. And they carry a huge bulk boats to the Internats.

Mark

don,

don't take this the wrong way but when you say "WE" are working on the noise issue.. i would like to know who is "WE".. i have tried to put my input in but i get the usuall. .thanks for the input..

It gets old..

Let me know

chris

I don't believe the noise issue should keep anyone from attending the Internats. If one loves model boating as I do they will do whatever it takes to get their boats legal no matter what rules are in place. If not they will stay home, at work, wishing they did while at least 20 of us will be having fun racing boats & bonding with friends. Some will be missed. Some will not.

don,
don't take this the wrong way but when you say "WE" are working on the noise issue.. i would like to know who is "WE".. i have tried to put my input in but i get the usuall. .thanks for the input..

It gets old..

Let me know

chris
Then send your input to me via e-mail.

Not asking and don't care. I have heard all of this before. I have my act together do ya? I just know that there are some very concerned boaters that want to know. And they carry a huge bulk boats to the Internats.
That's great Mark, you don't care. Do you think it's fair to the host club that before you even know what we are trying to do you are casting this chicken little the sky is falling alarmism for this year's Internats? I thought at least you & I still had some mutual respect for each other, but at least don't disrespect the guys who are gracious enough to step up to host the event to even give you something to ***** about. Come on dude, you're way better than that.

That's great Mark, you don't care. Do you think it's fair to the host club that before you even know what we are trying to do you are casting this chicken little the sky is falling alarmism for this year's Internats? I thought at least you & I still had some mutual respect for each other, but at least don't disrespect the guys who are gracious enough to step up to host the event to even give you something to ***** about. Come on dude, you're way better than that.
I have no disrespect for the host club but only concerns. Here it is almost April and only 50+ boats are entered. And a lot of racers wondering what they are going to do. I have been very humble with what I have said on these past few post but it seems that a few people have chips on their shoulders.

Mark

I wouldn't worry about a low boat count yet. Until today it's been below freezing in the north. The district 2 races have good turn outs year after year but the racing season doesn't start for another 6 weeks or so. Plenty will enter over the next month or so.

And a lot of racers wondering what they are going to do.

Mark

I know what Im going to do.. Please do not speak for me..

ALSO..

END IT NOW...I said please last time and im not going to say it again if you get my drift.

Lets take Bucks lead and get this post back on track..

Grim

In 2003 when we hosted the Internats, the surveyed course issue was a no brainer, it needed to be doneand was!. We located a surveyor to do it in the dead of winter and did the deed. So why can't this years hosts have a surveyor survey the course, is there not enough room or is it the cost of having a surveyor do the job? Someone explain and put the issue to bed, one way or the other.

Mark

The Nats is supposed to be the premire event of IMPBA. The course should be surveyed. Why would it not be surveyed? Dr.T

Back