2007 IMPBA Intenats "Update"

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mark if you read the other post he does explain it. You've raced at the pond & you know it's not too small.

I wasn't asking for everyones opinion, about why the course hasn't been surveyed, I'm asking the Hosts of this years Internats? Is the pond to small or was it the expense? I mean, if the ponds to small then say it. I can't believe its the cost as the IMPBA fronts the Club money still don't they?
As far as the reason the survey is done is (A) tradition ( B) that it not only sets up for the placement of the bouys for the course but the location of where the electronic eyes need to be placed for the timing portion of the races. An if the electronic eyes are not placed in the exact position, then there can be no record trails.

So rather than you express your opinion here again, let this years CD answer the questions.
Mark,

Unless this is a different Mark McCray, you have raced at our club lake more then once, and you know how big our lake is. You have also been involved in hosting the NATS and know what is involved, so I'm kinda shocked on your posts.

For those who don't know, PMBC's lake has never been surveyed. PMBC never really planned on hosting the NATS this year but our goal was to do so a few years down the road. With no clubs putting in bids, and knowing we would be months behind in preperation, we decided to not take a chance of this great event not happening in 2007 and placed a bid. From the get go, we've told eveyone the lake is not surveyed and hopefully will be done before the event.

With the Ohio weather, we also decided not to tackle this part of the thousand things that need done before spring. We did however ask for the help from the builder of the timing equipment who has Graciously agreed to help us and help run the timed events.

So working with him, the IMPBA, and a few other experts, will tackle this project when the weather finally breaks. and post it on our web site as promised.

We went out on the ice and moved and measured the course so it would be in the best location for the NATS and to get ready to be surveyed.

Can it be done? I don't see why not. Can we give a guarantee it will be done? Can I guarantee I'll be alive and on this earth on July 27th 2007? I hope so.

Like we have said on our web site, IMPBA Roostertails, forms, and again today, PMBC will do everything possible to get it done and as we always have planned.

Was last years event surveyed and legal? Did the world come to an end because something happened after all the Evansville clubs hard work?

I went to the 2006 NATS to race, have fun, meet new friends, and enjoy the event. I meet my goals even though my new truck broke down, and my 45-Mono had to be recovered from the bottom of the lake and walked away with no record or trophy.

I hope everyone who comes to the 2007 IMPBA International Regatta will meet thier goals.

Mike Laing

PMBC President and CD

You know guys, this happens every year, I was part of the team that put on the 04 and 05 internats in jackson, The work that it takes to put on this event is, well anybody that has been part of one knows what it takes, My HATS OFF to the OHIO club for putting on the race, leave them alone and let them get there job done, Because after its all said and done the race will be a great success, and the bottom line EVERYONE WILL HAVE A GREAT TIME. Good luck Guys. All this bickering now i know why huntsville is not having a spring race. Keep it up soon there will be no more nats or IMPBA. just my 2 cents im done.

Tom i would lock this one out to.

You know guys, this happens every year, I was part of the team that put on the 04 and 05 internats in jackson, The work that it takes to put on this event is, well anybody that has been part of one knows what it takes, My HATS OFF to the OHIO club for putting on the race, leave them alone and let them get there job done, Because after its all said and done the race will be a great success, and the bottom line EVERYONE WILL HAVE A GREAT TIME. Good luck Guys. All this bickering now i know why huntsville is not having a spring race. Keep it up soon there will be no more nats or IMPBA. just my 2 cents im done.
Mike is there any rental campers there or cabins? Thought id ask thanks Mike

:lol:

hey mike, i have been there several times. kinda like maybe 200 ft off the road is a trailer that might be available. looks like maybe the owners havent been there for maybe 3 to 10 years. if you bring a sickle, you can probably get to it real easy! nice and secluded, would be real peacefully quiet. probably cheap too. 2nd thought, that might be the gate keepers residence. better scrap that idea.!!! hope this helps.(lol) :lol:

dan

:lol:
hey mike, i have been there several times. kinda like maybe 200 ft off the road is a trailer that might be available. looks like maybe the owners havent been there for maybe 3 to 10 years. if you bring a sickle, you can probably get to it real easy! nice and secluded, would be real peacefully quiet. probably cheap too. 2nd thought, that might be the gate keepers residence. better scrap that idea.!!! hope this helps.(lol) :lol:

dan
DID I SAY I HATE SNAKES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back