2006 NAMBA Nationals Results

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Wittrig

Every night I will be receiving full class results from Ron Byrd that will be published at the 2006 NAMBA Nats Website. I will also be receiving specific information regarding the class Top 3 finishers to include hull, engine, radio, fuel, and prop. That information, along with a group photo of the Top 3 will be published on NAMBA.com.

Not all classes finished their heats today and the last three heats of the day were pushed to Sunday. The available results have been published to the results page on the 2006 NAMBA Nationals website.
Chris,

I tried opening the link and got a bunch of garbage information.

JD
Hey Jerry...which link are you referring to? The link here that goes to the Nats site, or the link on the Nats site to the results. I just tried both and they work for me and this is a different machine that the one I published with.

Chris,

I was wondering what you thought about offering complete online purchasing (ecommerce) for entry fees and advertising for that nats. Would people even use it or would they opt to mail in checks like usual. I am asking you because I heard somewhere that you work for some type of internet company and you also seem to be involved with the web development and posting of information for the nats lately. Thank you in advance for your input.

Chris,

I was wondering what you thought about offering complete online purchasing (ecommerce) for entry fees and advertising for that nats. Would people even use it or would they opt to mail in checks like usual. I am asking you because I heard somewhere that you work for some type of internet company and you also seem to be involved with the web development and posting of information for the nats lately. Thank you in advance for your input.
For the 2004 Nats we were able to take entires 100% online with an application that I was in the middle of writing with a developer that would facilitate a person being able to basically set up a profile of what sanctioning bodies they are members of to include boats, cars, etc., what classes they run within each sanctioning body on what frequency, etc. We also set it up for a contest director to create the existence of a race, where it is, what classes are offered. You would then see a list of the available races regardless of sanctioning body and choose to enter a race. It would then match up your profile to the event profile to show what of your classes are offered and you can just select the classes you want to run and move on. We wrote an interface and allowed those entries to be imported into Ron Byrd's Race Manager program that is being used at the Nats this year for building heats and keeping score. We left off at taking those results and posting them back to the site for display. We brought on the 04 Nats in the middle of development so we had some bugs to contend with but in the end it was a huge lift. I do have experience with setting up eCommerce sites and payment gateways and intended to offer that as well but to make is easier all fees for setting up and entering a race would have to run through one account and we would have to send the net entry proceeds to the contest director. I just not too certain how many contest directors would be interested in a solution like this.

Actually I'm and exec with a company that builds application solutions for managing defaulted debt and repossessed assets, mostly in the mortgage servicing world. All of those solutions are delivered via the internet. Let's just say, though, that my travel schedule makes keeping on top of my boats a challenge but I do get many free flights on American Airlines and hotel stays at Marriott.

Not all classes finished their heats today and the last three heats of the day were pushed to Sunday. The available results have been published to the results page on the 2006 NAMBA Nationals website.
Chris,

JD
Hi Chris,

I was able to open the link. I had to disable my pop up blocker, don't ask me why, but then the link worked.

What happened to all the 20 stock tunnels? We had more at our last D8 race.

JD

Chris,

JD
Hi Chris,

I was able to open the link. I had to disable my pop up blocker, don't ask me why, but then the link worked.

What happened to all the 20 stock tunnels? We had more at our last D8 race.

JD

When I arrived in Florida I think I was the only person who brought a .45 Stock tunnel to a race, which I raced in B Mod. There are no B Mod, C Stock, or C Mod classes down here, and the district races only offer A Mod and not A Stock. A Stock is only available at the WCRA races and not many show there either. Hey, my youngest daughter will run an A Stock boat in Kids R Boaters and my oldest is running a TS2/OS in A Mod. More stock boats!

Chris,

For the 2004 Nats we were able to take entires 100% online with an application that I was in the middle of writing with a developer that would facilitate a person being able to basically set up a profile of what sanctioning bodies they are members of to include boats, cars, etc., what classes they run within each sanctioning body on what frequency, etc. We also set it up for a contest director to create the existence of a race, where it is, what classes are offered. You would then see a list of the available races regardless of sanctioning body and choose to enter a race. It would then match up your profile to the event profile to show what of your classes are offered and you can just select the classes you want to run and move on. We wrote an interface and allowed those entries to be imported into Ron Byrd's Race Manager program that is being used at the Nats this year for building heats and keeping score. We left off at taking those results and posting them back to the site for display. We brought on the 04 Nats in the middle of development so we had some bugs to contend with but in the end it was a huge lift. I do have experience with setting up eCommerce sites and payment gateways and intended to offer that as well but to make is easier all fees for setting up and entering a race would have to run through one account and we would have to send the net entry proceeds to the contest director. I just not too certain how many contest directors would be interested in a solution like this.

Actually I'm and exec with a company that builds application solutions for managing defaulted debt and repossessed assets, mostly in the mortgage servicing world. All of those solutions are delivered via the internet. Let's just say, though, that my travel schedule makes keeping on top of my boats a challenge but I do get many free flights on American Airlines and hotel stays at Marriott.
I was thinking about a similar solution and developing the software but I see you already have most of it all done. I am very interested in this interface. I have always wanted to make heat results available on the net instantly. I would like to talk to you more about this if you are interested. Thanks.

The updated Day 1 results as well as the Day 2 results have been published. I did receive some Top 3 photos for today's classes and will get them published on NAMBA.com as soon as I can.

Interim Day 3 results are now available. Full results should be coming soon. Two classes, Sport 40-2 and GX-1 Hydro are missing from this report.

The full Day 3 results are now available. In addition, the Top 3 finishers with the class photo have been published on NAMBA.com. When I get a chance I will be editing the photos so that they are sized correctly for the site, cropped, and clearer. Heading to the Nationals tomorrow morning!

The Day 4 results have been posted to the Nationals site. The Top 3 and photos have been posted on NAMBA.com and the radio/boat/engine/fuel/prop information has been input for classes through Monday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Day 5 results have been posted to 2006nambanationals.com. The Top 3 photo and participant information will be posted later this evening after the social event. Tomorrow's results will be delayed as I will be traveling home after the event.

Day 6 results have now been posted. I expect to have all the Top 3 information and photos updated through Day 6 and possibly Day 7 this evening.

Word from the field says we will have today's race results available for publication tomorrow along with tomorrow's results.

The results from the final two days are now available at 2006nambanationals.com. The Top 3 information on NAMBA.com is not yet available as Lohring Miller had been doing an excellent job of gathering driver/boat information as well as taking the group photo, but it is my understanding that he and Butch Thibodeau were in an accident Thursday evening. I heard that neither were seriously injured, but we do wish them the best. Once we've had a chance to gather the information Lohring had as well as what was put together in his place for Friday and Saturday they will be posted on NAMBA.com.

I understand some records fell at the Nats. I can't locate any where times are posted. I was interested in the new Gas Sport Hydro record.

Congratulations Al, National Champion, Record Holder, and all in a year that you are the President too,and I thought you were just a politician. ;)

Back