2005 IMPBA INTERNATS

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bzubee

Supporting Member
Mark Bullard and I met with Ernie La Fleur of Winnie, TX and Richard Johnsey and Mark Hopper of Jackson, TN and worked out all of the details for the RACERS Group to host the 2005 Internats at the Jackson, TN race site dates will be July 23-30, 2005. All we are waiting for is the Jackson Club to have a meeting in order to grant permission to use the lake and a Board meeting to approve the bid for this event and site. They are planning to use the same format as last year 2004.

The "Racers Group" is a group of racers selected to work positions at the Internats.

Ernie and Richard will be doing the selection. John Equi has volunteered to run the timed events. This will be run similarly to the 2001 and the 1988 Internats.

Specialty Classes at this time will be Open Mono, Open Cat, Multi-engine Shootout, Kids class, B Sport Tunnel, and Sport 20 Hydro.

Bill Zuber

IMPBA President in 2005

" Racer Group!!" sound like a multi national corporation doing a " Raiders at the Gate." " Greed is good." was a statement from that. W

Why are specifc individual fronting the money for this. In previous years the IMPBA has offered front to the host club.

Sound like someone is buying more than just a place to race.

So what is the name of this club,seeing that Jackson Model boaters are NOT the host club.

Bill: I can see that this thread could get out of hand in a hurry. Before it does, could you give more details on the intentions of the "Racers group" and what it's plans are for the profits of holding such an event.

Don't get me wrong. I'm all for a better organized program for the Internats. And, given the choice of earning a couple hundred dollars working my as$ off in the southern heat and humidity, I know what I'd choose for myself. I just think people are going to want to know what's going on seeing as this is less than typical for the Nats.

Thanks, Ron

OK.. lets think about this..

Some are thinking that a few might take monetary gains from an event like this :blink: ? im lost here...

and they should take.....what?..

I cant see this one getting out of hand... Go Racers Group. Sounds to me like a bunch of guys stepping up to the plate..

Good Job Bill and the others.. great idea..

Lets race IMPBA style...sounds like fun..

Grimracer

P.S. As long as the bills are paid.. i dont care what they do with any extra money...heck they can donate the extra to a favorite charity or the fine ladies at the local gentlemans club... hea thats the same thing aint it? .... :p :D Kidding....

I'll really leave this for Bill to reply to but I'm told that this is not the first time something like this has been done for the Nats. I'm told is was done once in Huntsville and in Fla.

More details will be out soon on this but anyone will have a chance to be apart of this. It will not be a chosen few.

Mark Hopper

Hey... I didn't say "this" meaning the idea or plan could get out of hand. I said this thread could get out of hand. Just read the first reply after Bills anouncement. I too am all for anyone that comes forward to put on any event. Even if they thrive because of it. And why shouldn't they. It's a huge undertaking...

I'm just a firm believer in keeping people informed. Don't let them make up stuff or read more into it than it is. And if in the end they don't like it. Too bad I guess.

Thanks guys for stepping forward. This all good news to me....

Ron

IMPBA is still fronting the seed money as it has been called in the past but the worker bees will have achance to gain some monetary gain if the event is a success. The Group will be called Racers Group and will host the 2005 Internats in conjunction the the Jackson Club. This all came about from seeing the previous list on here by Joe Knesek about members from I waters hosting the event in Illni speedway site. It has been done in year 2001 in Sarasota the Sunshine club and also in 1988 the Race 88 crew and also from what I heard in 1984. Ernie willhave a spread sheet wth a labor breakdown once this is over for other members to use for future Internats.

Bill Zuber

IMPBA

President 2005

bzubee said:
IMPBA is still fronting the seed money as it has been called in the past but the worker bees will have achance to gain some monetary gain if the event is a success.  The Group will be called Racers Group and will host the 2005 Internats in conjunction the the Jackson Club.  This all came about from seeing the previous list on here by Joe Knesek about members from I waters hosting the event in Illni speedway site.  It has been done in year 2001 in Sarasota the Sunshine club and also in 1988 the Race 88 crew and also from what I heard in 1984.  Ernie willhave a spread sheet wth a labor breakdown once this is over for other members to use for future Internats.
Bill Zuber

IMPBA

President 2005

76018[/snapback]

"Interesting" .........to say the least! I worked my a$$ off for a week in '99 @ Huntsville when there was no "host club". Along with Steve Sutton & Oscar Leech we were the first ones there every morning & pretty much the last to leave each nite. We or our district never saw one single penny of the proceeds. As a matter of fact, to this day nobody can give a straight answer as to what eventually happened to the money to the point I got tired of asking.... <_<

Last edited by a moderator:
Before, anything else is said, Why was Huntsville NOT a viable site. Considering that it is the President home track all the SAW's are done there. And it is a larger water area. Plus there thing to do for the family should they be with you.

BigChuck said:
Before, anything else is said, Why was Huntsville NOT a viable site. Considering that it is the President home track all the SAW's are done there. And it is a larger water area. Plus there thing to do for the family should they be with you.
76032[/snapback]

Well I have to say Jackson is a great choice, centrally located, giving a larger

group of IMPBA members the option to attend. The pond, drivers stand,pit area,

setup areas,parking,are all great. There's more than enough for family also.

My hats off to those who got this goin.

Before this gets into a pissing contest, we do have a group of people that love what they are doing and I commend them for stepping up to the plate to do this. Remember, all IMPBA clubs and the IMPBA are non-profit organizations so no one can pocket any of the money made. Sorry, Grim, no lap dances! :lol:

Now I gotta talk to the current Mrs. Olson to see if she"ll let me go. This race seems to come up on the week of our Wedding anniversary and it'll be 20 years this year. Maybe she'll be happy to be rid of me and the kid for a week!

Don first the money from the 1999 Internats was hosted by "the Board and districts the money was put back in the general funds of the IMPBA it was set up that way from the begining. There is your answer as far as I know no one got any money for that event.

Second Huntsville wasn't put on the table due to some physical problems with the site ( The city is fixing them but it will take time) The site is fine for a weekedn event not an event the size of an INTERNATS. Plus it was the Jackson members that apporached me on this idea using their site. Since most of the workers will come from there it makes economic sense to have the event there.

Third Actually Jackson is better located for access than Huntsville it is close to Memphis and Nashville with Hiway access from both airports and major hiway access. to most areas.

I hope you all that attended last year can amke it back and the ones that missed the event last year can make it this year. Great site Great racing and some of the best refering I have seen at an Internats in a long time. See you at the races

Also don't forget the 2005 GAS Nats are also located in District Five this year at Slidell, LA MID September.

RACE DISTRICT FIVE IN 2005

Bill Zuber

The Jackson TN Model Boaters Voted Dec 10th to allow the RACERS GROUP of 2005 Nationals to hold the 2005 IMPBA Nationals Event at the Jackson TN Model Boaters lake Site July 23-30th 2005. The Vote was Unanimous to Support and Promote this Event......... For those that could Not make it to the IMPBA Nats in 04...... The plan is to make the 05 IMPBA Nats Bigger & Better attraction than ever before. For those Boaters that Want to Tune for this Water Prior to the 2005 IMPBA Nationals Event the Jackson Tn Spring Race has been moved to June 11-12th. Please Support the RACERS group for the 05 Nat. These are a Few Fellow Boaters that will race a little @ the Event & Work a Lot......... So that Everyone else can Enjoy & Race a National Event... the Info will Now be Presented to the board for approval & If approved the Nats Info Will be in the March Roostertail........ B)

Joe: Thanks for the update. Pretty exciting news for sure. I wasn't able to attend last years Nats but heard nothing but good from everyone I know that attended. Good luck with the planning. I hope to see you there!

Ron J.

Ron Come to Tennessee in 05. Several came down from Canada in 04 for the Nats. Mike Hallum, Tony Jacuzzi And a few More that I dont recall their names, The Competition will be Fast & Furious in 05. They will have Motor Home Hook Ups. 20x20 Tent Rental if you are traveling light. Plenty of Shaded area to set up a trailer / tent & Kick Back a Little. Motels are close by & Plenty of activity away from the Event in the afternoons. it was cool to stay after a few afternoons at the lake & SPOT LIGHT Twins & other boats in the Pitch Black Darkness.... See you there. ;)

Remember, all IMPBA clubs and the IMPBA are non-profit organizations so no one can pocket any of the money made. Sorry, Grim, no lap dances! 
Hey Ron,

You're going to the wrong place if you put money into a pant pocket. :lol:

Darn it!! APBA is having there Nationals July 29-31. :(

Would love to attend both, but with these dates overlapping don't think I can attend Jackson.

Alan......

What tha Heck???? Well that shot it for 05........

Edit for the rest....Talk amounst yer selfs ;)

Gene :D

Back