200 MPH boat on e-bay L@@K

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yall fellows,

Sure are hard on a man just trying to make a few dollars. Maybe he bought a radar gun off e-bay that said 200mph. Hey Gene that hull you are getting from me did 85 the other day. Ol yea that was in the trailor I forgot.!!!!!!!!!!! Yall boys settle down Yere here!!!!

Tim ;D

p.s. Gene I think I,I,I yea I can with a little work I can build a pto an some other parts an put that there motor on a outboard better use a 7.5 foot HUH bigger flex. Bid on that thing for us. Can Grim build a longer VILLLLLLLLLLLIAN.>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hey Tim,

Yep, Why I bought from ya, Fer dat racin pedigree :D

and dem stickers too!!!!!

Mikie might get dat moter under the cowling, but what prepeller? :eek:

Gene ;D

Ron does have a valid point though, Ebay needs ta get someone to police the auction's that knows "Come Here" from "Sickum"

I have a friend with one. Took him forever to find the original box, but he did. It says, and I quote, "Speeds Over 60 MPH* " The "*" states "Using Mod Engine Kit". He even has the Spitfire II which only claims 65mph. It also states that the records being set were in the novice class.

SOOOOOOO.............Technically, he is committing fraud claiming the box states 200mph.

hhhhhmmmmmmm.......false advertising- 5000$ fine and he has to put that paint job on my boat, free of charge!!! ;D

it's a shame he's doing that, it's a nice boat and would go for alot if he said it like it is. i think i'll send him a little email and see what he says, it's ridiculous that he's sticking to the claim.

Joe

hehehehe....EMAIL SENT:

hi,

i noticed you're ebay ad for a spitfire outrigger going 200 mph......i have a pheonix OB outrigger myself and once asked prather how fast thier's went for a comparison, they said it could hit 60 tops. i know the world speed record is 120 mph, so you must not have been running it at an IMPBA or NAMBA sponsored pond, it's a shame there wasn't a rep from one of those organizations timing you. i'd hate to set a new record like that and not get credit. you must have done some serious mods to the hull/engine/prop, would you mind telling me what prop you used and what mods you've done?

thanks,

Joe

hey guys. micro "bubbles" are really a product from west system epoxy. They are really called micro-balloons and they provide no flotation properties. I use it in my business and it is great because it is reaaly strong and very easy to sand. No comment on the putz on ebay. You guys have said it already!!

Lax,

I love that e-mail you sent him! Think if a newbie runs it and cry's that it's so sloooow. I'll be watching for that key word rigger because I'm sure the new buyer will be reselling it within a week or two. LOL Can you imagine what his description will be:

"I was told it did 200mph but we could only get it up to about 190-195. Selling it because it's too fast for me." LOL ;D

So some guy who doesn't know what hes talking about puts a boat on ebay, big deal

You guys should clean up your act,your no better than him making false claims when your slandering him and posting his email address so you and others can harrass him.

Maybe when one of you goes to sell a boat you should have to go through this kind of abuse,Ron of all people you should know better,aren't you making a rigger kit?

This whole topic should be deleted.

YEA enough is enough ;D Just cause he said it, and he corrected it in another little sentence on his ad, But he still swears the box says 200. Hell There is so much crap on EBay.

LOL Someone else will sell it cause they could only get 190 out of it. Course im sure he needs bearing for it after every run, I mean 90,000 RPMs to reach them speeds?? Wonder if he is using cermic bearings.

firstly guys

as a "novice boater still " myself, to slightly over state the speed of my boat is normal.

but for you all to start b#tch slapping this poor hillbilly crack sniffing diff from your car drinking hobo around the web is just down and outright wrong .............. :'( :'( :'(

shame on you all... :p :p :p

and you didn't ask me to join in for the fun...

why the hell not.. > :( > :( > :( ..

paul

destroyer racing..

" look out all in aus i got a new 45 hydro toy.."

Yes, we are producing a kit and there will never be ANY claims made to how fast it will go. It isn't too smart of any Manufacturer to do this, most of the time it is blown out of porportion. Someone can claim this but they don't tell you how, when or where it was achieved. The same goes with engines that are made, haven't you ever wondered how they come up with their numbers? What percentage of nitro was used, what was their pipe length and what else was used to get those claimed numbers. If you have a sanctioned record to back up your claims then you have at least something to show, but 200 MPH? Come on, get real! Supposedly Andy Brown and some others in California have been running 130+ but you won't see them mentioning anything until there is an official record set.

I will not even post any "Eyeball" speed in here or anywhere else on the HH .12 kit. I have no timing equipment whatsoever.

People like him try to use an escape in their Ads on eBay by saying such tripe like "the guy at the Hobby Shop told me" or "I got it from a friend who said" because they are ignorant or gullible to someones spiel.

Come on Ron, You can say the HH .12 will only do 160.

I Know its not up to par with the other boat, but as long as your having fun with it, Thats all that matters.

;D ;D ;D ;D

WE all KNOW This is in mostly fun here. SOme have emailed him, and if they beleive that he is WRONG, then they have every right to call him on it.

and as for someone talking **** about Ron and his HH boat. WE All know him to well for him to "claim" a speed on a box.

If you want to talk about MFGs "claiming" Things, LOOK at the horsepower on some motors, and the RPMs. You think its all true??

I had a .21 CMB, Replaced with a MAC .21 stock, I am getting more speed out of the MAC.

Now the CMB claims MORE HP and MORE RPMs, than the MAC.

Now we all need to have a nice day now. ;D

Mad Max has the right name I guess? The whole principle of the board is to "Post" right, wrong, or indifferant. If someone doesn't "share" information things go wrong. So Mad Max I'm glad you voiced your opinion because you have the right to do it. Think if this post wasn't started. You wouldn't of had 4 pages of interesting reading to do, let alone "Reply" to it! LOL

You're right Big Daddy,

Heck guys, I've really had a lot of enjoyment reading your comments each day on this post. Now we've got a new benchmark speed to shoot for. ;D I personally, probably only have about 161mph to gain and I'll be there!

Hmm, Maybe if I added a couple of his tattoos - :-

Don : :)

Well Ebay needs to do something to varify claims that are posted to the auctions, if someone posts something WAY off base like this one is, then they need to do something about it. If the guy is notified that his statement if false, and refuses to change it thats when the responsibility falls to Ebay to correct.

Does EBAY know what messages are being sent to this guy?

Also, I noticed he says written on the box-Not printed!

Back