200 MPH boat on e-bay L@@K

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

This yo-yo claims his little tiny 3.5 Prather rigger is capable of 200 mph. LOL :D :-[ :Dhttp://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3133068068&category=19166

200 mph? The crap some people come up with.........LMFAO

everybody knows its only good for 150 mph. unless you install some chrome muffler bearings then youve got a 200mph boat ! GEEEEZ :-X

Hi Guy's

Maybe he justed slipped when typing it in and he meant 20mph. ;D LOL

I have a 7.5 one of these that I will be happy if it goes 1/3 as fast as his. ;)

GT 8)

Only 200mph? Why stop there? Why not 1000mph? Or escape velocity? Or half the speed of light?

I hate it when people mis-represent what they are selling. > :( After reading that obviously bogus claim, would you trust anything else the seller has to say? : :)

Ian

Ian...it's obvious why it won't do 1000--when it hits the sound barrier, the shockwave disrupts the hydrodynamics. DUH! ;)

The sad thing is some newbie will probably buy it and then get the wrong impression about R/C boats.

It's got a reasonable paint job on it though........

Come on now... it's covered in Micro Bubble (what ever that is :p ) so it won't shrink... : :) That's what allows it to get to 200 MPH ;D

Mark.

I loved the words "capable of"! I think that he must be the Ad man for Pro Boat! The only time that this barge would hit 200 MPH is if it fell out of the UPS plane delivering it.

I wrote him a nasty little note informing him that I would report him to eBay. This person must be very stupid or is trying to sell it to someone that is even worse than him.

It's the Bagdad Bob syndrome ;D ;D Heck, if BB can lie to the world, this boat should do 200+ :p

LOL you guy come up w/some funny stuff. At 200mph I wouldn't want my boat to "shrink" if it stalled out either. LOL

What type of rudder servos does one need for a 200mph water rocket?? ???

Yes, it's obvious to us that 200mph is totally false, but I know there are some people who would believe it just because they don't know.

I reported him to ebay. Hope he burns.

Hey I don't think the only micro bubble is on the boat I think its between his ears.

Must be some mother of a Kick Butt - can pull 40,000rpm at least on the stock rod.

Actually it must have special parts made of that exoctic material unobtanium - that makes everything go faster.

Hope nobody gets ripped off by this bogus claim. You know the scary thing he might actually believe this BS.

GT ;D

Ya thats it! Scale speed.

Seeing as it is such a scale boat, I could understand how we would not get that!

Oh well, let the buyer beware.

He now has a 'NOTE' on it... :eek: He claims it's stated on the box that this model, FG Spitfire, set a world record of 200 MPH.. :- Never owning one, is this statement on the box? ???

Mark.

I got a reply from this Bozo this morning, I wish that I knew how to C&P the message.

Thanks for the email, and your comment.

I have raced many boats, and what I say is true.

No one is calling anyone an idiot, except for yourself.

Have a great day, and thanks again.

Hey, I did it!

Yup, I called him an Idiot!

From Prathers Website:

OUTBOARD HYDROS

Hydros are the fastest type of model boat made. They can reach speeds in excess of 60 mph. Their incredible speed is matched only by their unbelievable turning capabilities. Hydros run best in smooth to moderate water conditions. The Prather Spitfire I Hydro is very quick to build and uses the economical 3.5cc outboard engines. The Spitfire I can reach speeds in excess of 60 mph using the Prather Mod engine kit. The Spitfire II is also quick to build and uses 7.5cc outboards. The Spitfire II can reach speeds in excess of 65 mph using the Prather Mod Engine Kit. The Prather Spitfire hydros are an excellent project for experienced boaters as well as the novice boater. However, we do not recommend them as your first boating project.

We hope this information will help you in the selection of your model boat. Prather Products manufactures a contest proven line of model boats and accessories. Try your local hobby dealer first when you purchase you model boat and accessories.

Back