2.4ghz question

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Dixon

I just purchased a futaba pl radio and receiver and was wondering should I leave the short antenna wire in the radio box or stick it up thru the radio box cover or even thru the cowl? I used to race rc pan car race and we would leave the 2.4ghz antenna under the body for a cleaner look.

Best is outside but many keep it the radio box. I like the security of it outside myself. A fellow boater had his inside the box under carbon a cowl and kept loosing signal which lead the boat into the bank...

As a member of the team I can tell you its best to have it outside the box... BUT.. I have NEVER had a problem inside the box.

Grim

I run mine out of the radio box, but leave under the cowl for a nice clean finish ;) Never had a issue

2nd on outside of the radio box but under the cowl. No issues here either and mine's even Spektrum :p

Futaba 3PKS FAAST on all my boats(monos-tunnel-scale) all w/antenna in radio box and NEVER an issue. I dont use anything carbon around a radio box for what its worth.

Andy

Also guys a friend quit r/c racing recently and gave me flysky 2.4ghz gt3c radio that had the normal power switch problem that I already fixed. I know they got a bad rep...but it seems to be a decent radio...anybody heard anything bad about these radios?......will probably use it with a later tunnel project.

Also guys a friend quit r/c racing recently and gave me flysky 2.4ghz gt3c radio that had the normal power switch problem that I already fixed. I know they got a bad rep...but it seems to be a decent radio...anybody heard anything bad about these radios?......will probably use it with a later tunnel project.
Is that the flysky?? If so I have heard they work fine I just don't like how cheap they feel in your hand.

I leave mine inside the radio box and it has worked well for a while now.

Two things the receivers don't like though is heat and water!

Is that the flysky?? If so I have heard they work fine I just don't like how cheap they feel in your hand.
yes its the fly sky radio....it has the rechargeable lipo battery pack and it doesnt feel all that cheesy....I will test it it soon and give some feedback.

Back