2.4 fasst

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gene gager

anybody have any issues with fasst failsafe? both my boats shut down at corner apex's every 2nd or 3rd heat when the fail safe is turned on. quite using fail safe and problem gone. other than that seems to be ok

anybody have any issues with fasst failsafe? both my boats shut down at corner apex's every 2nd or 3rd heat when the fail safe is turned on. quite using fail safe and problem gone. other than that seems to be ok

Ive never had a problem with failsafe kicking in on my fasst system. I use external venom failsafes since i use analog servos and had one that was old go bad...but other then that, never had signal issues.

i had the same issue when i first got it... gasr is right.. mine would be fine till you turned a corner and then it would shut down.. couldnt figure it out for the life of me.. sure enough low voltage, rudder servo would draw so much voltage it would drop her down to nothin which would shut her down..

alden

Futaba recommends using a 5-cell (6 volt) battery with the FASST systems.

The low voltage battery failsafe is set at about 3.8 volts and if you have a 4.8 volt pack that is on the low side and made using cells that cannot deliver under load than it is very possible to hit the low voltage failsafe and kill the motor.

I am curious, how do you have your antenna installed? Outside the box and vertical or inside the box?

I use 5 cell 1200 ma. have the antena stright up outside the box. I use the larger futaba didgital on off switch. not much more I can do except not using the fail safe option. I do adjust the rudder linkage so it has a hard pull when it hard over against its stop, so it isn't flexing in a turn. maby thats making the servo draw too much current? thanks for the feed back on my problem

You should adjust your end points on the servos so that they are just reaching the point you need. If you drive them against the stops as it were then you will significantly increase the current draw, load the battery up and shorten the lifespan of the servo.

You should adjust your end points on the servos so that they are just reaching the point you need. If you drive them against the stops as it were then you will significantly increase the current draw, load the battery up and shorten the lifespan of the servo.
Bill , think your right, servo life wasn't a problem, but bet if I had a amp meter on it hard over probably would peak out. thanks

Gene

What cells are your batteries made from? If they are AA size 1200 cells I would still be worried about them. The internal resistance of the smaller high capacity cells can be very high. Put your pack under load and see what the voltage is. I use my Triton and dial in load and watch what the voltage does, You may be suprised.

Back