1982 Toledo R/C Show boat pics

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man we've come a long way, sponsons were sure big and "clunky" back then. We weren't too worried about weight either, lol.

I remember Jerry Badgero winning a bunch at the '83 Nats in Oxford. That looks like one of Marty's lay down Crapshooters and Ron Loghe's boats.

Who's little three cylinder is that?

Man we've come a long way, sponsons were sure big and "clunky" back then. We weren't too worried about weight either, lol.

I remember Jerry Badgero winning a bunch at the '83 Nats in Oxford. That looks like one of Marty's lay down Crapshooters and Ron Loghe's boats.

Who's little three cylinder is that?

Bill Jarski built the 3 cylinder. I know he later built a 3 engine boat with K&B 45s. I never did see either of them run.

Dad and I at one time had two of Ron's boats, a 60 and a 40. Solid shaft that was ground to fit the ball bearings that they ran. I believe John Beardslee had at least one of them too.

I still have an original program/heat book from the '83 Nats.

Jerry Badgero taught us a bunch when we first started racing. Good guy.

Bill Jarski built the 3 cylinder. I know he later built a 3 engine boat with K&B 45s. I never did see either of them run.

Dad and I at one time had two of Ron's boats, a 60 and a 40. Solid shaft that was ground to fit the ball bearings that they ran. I believe John Beardslee had at least one of them too.

I still have an original program/heat book from the '83 Nats.

Jerry Badgero taught us a bunch when we first started racing. Good guy.
Yup, had a few Logghe boats, the ones in the picture are the first generation that Ron and his brother Gene built. The second generation came soon after and were fast boats. A few are still out there and run now and then.

Logghe Pro Power..... loved that fuel, and could buy it at local hobby shop.

Recognize the 2 Crapshooters, the Ed Hughey boat, and the Logghe boats.

Black pipe looks like an Irwin from that era.

Great photos, thanks for sharing!

David, the Logghe boats were all epoxy glass in 1981 maybe.
The Logghe Brothers are in the NHRA hall of fame, the Michigan Motorsports HoF, and this year to be inducted in to the International Drag Racing HoF.
interesting story, I never knew of the Logghe's. Looking at their outrigger, the fuselage looks like it could be molded

Latest posts

Back