1978 U-64 The Squire Shop- Build Thread- ML Boatworks Kit

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After a night of going threw about 8 kits that needed shipping, I got back in the garage last night, and got the cowling paint almost done. As you can see, its getting even closer, BUT, I still need to paint the cockpit area with black to simulate the seat, I need to add silver near the engine well to simulate the aluminum shielding, add the decals to the cowling, somehow make a windscreen, repaint the engine intakes gold as I finally looked closer at the engine in the U-64, and the intakes are gold not silver along with some other things that need repainting on the engine, then everything will get sanded so the first coats of clear can be installed. Once that hardens, I am going to resand the clear coat, and add another few coats. I never do that, but decided I will on this hull since everything is turning out so well! Enjoy, Mike

phpGp8QffAM.jpg

phphGMLcUAM.jpg

php6YdPO6AM.jpg

phptghLXDAM.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Jerry, I never have the time to race as I always have boats I have to build. I think I have like 6-8 boats to build for people right now. Never get time to enjoy them....

Ehh, been this way my whole life. I enjoy the builds more than the finished products. Did the same thing with performance cars. Probably some sort of sickness or something! These kits have been a great tool for meeting new people as well, and sharing knowledge and stories, which is what I enjoy the most.The scale hydro guys have been the most humble, interesting and refreshing people I have ever met in any hobby I have ever had, on the other hand, the o/b tunnel boat "chatter" if you will makes me sick to my stomach which in turn caused me to pull down all my tunnel kits as I want nothing to do with it anymore. Kind of a shame actually....

Ehh, been this way my whole life. I enjoy the builds more than the finished products. Did the same thing with performance cars. Probably some sort of sickness or something! These kits have been a great tool for meeting new people as well, and sharing knowledge and stories, which is what I enjoy the most.The scale hydro guys have been the most humble, interesting and refreshing people I have ever met in any hobby I have ever had, on the other hand, the o/b tunnel boat "chatter" if you will makes me sick to my stomach which in turn caused me to pull down all my tunnel kits as I want nothing to do with it anymore. Kind of a shame actually....
Thats kind of disappointing Mike. You have a lot of tunnel boat friends. Not a good idea to group people that don't deserve it. I am one of those tunnel guys and I am proud of it. Guess you will need to change your IW signature as well and remove all mention of tunnels!!!!!!!............. :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ron, your a trip. U know who i am talking about, and they sont reside in nc or va thats for sure!

Had some great luck last night! Never before have I sprayed and when it was tack free had no dust anywhere in the paint. This thing turned out great! Paintwork left to do is update the engine as it is painted wrong, and paint the seat area. Enjoy, Mike

2012-09-29_07-05-58_622.jpg

2012-09-29_07-06-11_476.jpg

2012-09-29_07-06-26_307.jpg

2012-09-29_07-06-36_356.jpg

2012-09-29_07-06-42_924.jpg

2012-09-29_07-06-54_529.jpg

That gold looks like gold leaf! Very nice my friend! Now the static model needs some hardware and power. Sell it to me I have all the pieces! Lol

Those are Mike Mcknights decals..He is the best at scale graphics...period! Www.thunderboatgraphics.com

Yeah Kevin that is indeed golf leaf. That stuff is pretty spendy but it sure looks nice. Good thing I only have to cut it once in a while. That and foils do a number on my cutting blades

Back