1967 Snoopy. Hydroplane

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FYI

I used 1/8 ply on full bottom an transome balsa everwhere else using maple mounts epoxied in also screws up through the bottom.its so lite may first try a NR.12 lol

20160215_161854-1.jpg

So much for enlarging the plans. Took the plans, on a CD, to a blueprinting shop yesterday. When I asked to have them printed at 115%, I was told they didn't have a machine large enough to print the 35-40" width the plans would require. Guess it's going to be a straight up build this time, other than some slight adjusting of parts since mine is being built out of all ply instead of balsa. Should be interesting to see how the weight differs from a balsa built boat
default_ph34r.png

Last edited by a moderator:
The blueprinting shop I took the plans to has the largest printer in the area. They could have split the plan into two sections but it would have just increased the cost so I didn't feel it was worth it for a play boat

Mark, I've used this guy's services before, good work, and reasonably priced. http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/item.cfm?itemId=1062436

Steve Ball

So much for enlarging the plans. Took the plans, on a CD, to a blueprinting shop yesterday. When I asked to have them printed at 115%, I was told they didn't have a machine large enough to print the 35-40" width the plans would require. Guess it's going to be a straight up build this time, other than some slight adjusting of parts since mine is being built out of all ply instead of balsa. Should be interesting to see how the weight differs from a balsa built boat
default_ph34r.png

Anyone have any updates on their boats? I've been so busy I haven't been able to eve start mine yet though I just received an engine for in, a NR 5 port
default_cool.png

****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's been 10 months since anyone posted in this thread. What really sucks is I just yesterday started laying out parts to build mine. **** job keeps me hopping but, once I get started, it shouldn't take too long to build it

Latest posts

Back