1964 Miss Budweiser

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harvknox

I'm working on another Miss Budweiser,the 1964.I've got David Newton's photo on his website(102D),but it does not show good detail of the Miss Budweiser label on the afterplane.The lettering seems different than versions I already have.I'm hoping that one of you other scale nuts might have a photo or point me in the right direction.I haven't contacted David Williams at the Hydroplane Museum yet,but plan to.For those of you who have not worked with him,he has been really helpful and has a wealth of info.I felt so guilty after he reseached some info on my last Miss Bud that I became a Museum member!

Harvey Liberman

One of the best sources for anything Budweiser is Hgatjens here in the forum. There is very little he doesn't know about the Bud boats and may be able to help you out.

One of the best sources for anything Budweiser is Hgatjens here in the forum. There is very little he doesn't know about the Bud boats and may be able to help you out.
I agree.I've saved a lot of his posts in a separate folder.I hope Harry chimes in.

Harvey

I think both the Tempo 4-seater and the old Maverick ran as the Bud in 1964. I will have to check. Here is the best I can do on the old Maverick. Not sure if they have what you want in them. Actually, the first on was taken in 1963.

tcbud4.jpg

calbud5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I gthink both the Tempo 4-seater and the old maverick eran as the Bud in 1964. I will have to check. Here is the best I can do on the old Maverick. Not sure if they have what you want in them. Actually the first on was taken in 1963.
Harry,the photos were exactly what I needed.While you've got your photos out,what type of alternate supercharging was going on, both on your photos and David Newton's 102D plan?

Thanks for your info

Harvey

Harry,the photos were exactly what I needed.While you've got your photos out,what type of alternate supercharging was going on, both on your photos and David Newton's 102D plan?

Thanks for your info

Harvey

Not sure as was only 11 then but it might be the famed "Dubenhouser" when Roy Duby tried to connect a Rolls Merlin supercharger to an Allison engine.

That's an Allison auxiliary supercharger. The Dubenhauser was used in the Gale and Miss Smirnoff boats. The "aux blower" made big horsepower but was not reliable with the stock Allison ignition. The attached photo is one that was used in a P-63.

Allison V-1710-93.gif

This pic is of an Allison V-1710-116. This is the G6 with the heavier crank and rods. This was the choice Allison for the hydros. Not very many of these exist anymore.

Allison V-1710-119.gif

Dennis,I think you've shown the supercharger setup in Harry's photos if you add an air scoop on top of the carb.But what is the gadget in front of the engine shown on David Newton's photo on plan #102D of the 64 Bud? It does not look like any part of your photos.

Harvey

That's the driver's jacket hanging over the carb.
Dennis,Im sure you're right.I went back to the 59 Maverick on David Newton's 102A plan which is the same boat and supercharger.I enlarged the Bud photo 150%,and had to use my imagination to visualize a life jacket,but maybe that's why I cann't drive worth a darn!Thanks for clearing up the mystery for me.

Harvey

Dennis,Im sure you're right.I went back to the 59 Maverick on David Newton's 102A plan which is the same boat and supercharger.I enlarged the Bud photo 150%,and had to use my imagination to visualize a life jacket,but maybe that's why I cann't drive worth a darn!Thanks for clearing up the mystery for me.

Harvey
Jeeze Harv!!!!

Harvey
Jeeze Harv!!!!
My wife got that right away..... :blink:

Latest posts

Back