.18 OUTBOARD

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MattHench

Just a little somethin i put together, aqua .18 mated to a k&b lower,stamped erwin pipe with a cut down rum racing muffler, and with some custom stuff, not sure if the combo will work but i don't see why not. Just a few things to do to complete it and last but not least build a boat to strap it on, thinkin a hot shot or a outboard rigger, i would just scale down a sundowner a bit if i went with the rigger, anyway let me know what ya think, open to all suggestions to what hull to use as well, thanks for lookin, matt

DSC00099.JPG

DSC00100.JPG

DSC00098.JPG

DSC00101.JPG

DSC00102.JPG

Nicely executed on the adaptation. However, the pipe will be MUCH too long and too large in volume. I have a perfect .18 sized hand made pipe that would work good on it, but the header area needs to be shortened drastically. I think it would push a nice lightweight villain pretty well, once you got the set-up figured out.

Either way, cool to see something different!

~James

i would think the OLD rossi "small" pipe would work well, if you can find one..... i'd also look at car & truck headers, prolly find something with smoother transitions/bends there. nice job on the conversion. if you go with a hot shot, find a wood one, MUCH better than the abs version.

thaks for the replys guys, exactly what i was lookin to do make somethin totally off the wall and different, ya i do have the wood hot shot, i just used the pipe cuz its what i had layin around, seemed about the same volume as the cooper, tryin to find a header that would work was difficult so i just made my own for now but the search continues, James can i get a pic that pipe you have there, ill give any thing a try, thanks again matt

MATT I HAVE A DUMAS SPRINT I WILL LET GO CHEAP!!!!!!!!!!!11 HIT ME UP!!!!!!!!!1

matt you have to get a job you got to much time on your hands but that looks sweet good job and i have the perfect hull i have that dolphin plastic hull you can have it weights less then a pound.seeya tommorow at the races.

here's a different header and pipe combo a lot less volume then the erwin, just one of many combo's i will try on it.

DSC00105.JPG

DSC00106.JPG

Matt, I looked high and low but I dont have a picture of the pipe(although I know i have posted pictures of it on here before). Its on a boat on the way here from europe as we just moved back to the states. I wont have it for probably another month or so. I sent this pipe to Tim Fulton when they were going for the .12 record (they never tried it), and I think it was slighttly too big for the .12. Thats why I think it will work on your .18. When I get it I will send it your way to try if you like. I dont want to sell it, but you can borrow it and copy it if it works for you.

~James

come on Matt, I know you were at nats and all but I wanna see it run!

Here it is all together ready to rock,went with a VS1 for hull, all together it feels like it weighs a pound or less so it should move out good i hope,also added a cable oiler using a t-maxx shock, be testin this weekend i will try to get some vids up thanx for lookin matt

DSC00110.JPG

DSC00111.JPG

DSC00112.JPG

DSC00113.JPG

DSC00114.JPG

man i wish i could be there this weekend, stupid work!.............

oh you didnt miss much jeremy it didn't work at all, all it did was suck down 4 ounces in 2 laps,needle was just 3/4 of a turn out and still runnin like it was way rich and shootin all the fuel out the pipe, was also very slow and that just wont work, then i put a modded Kaboom on it and it to would just not run for nothin, so needless to say i had a bad boat outing this weekend, think i will finish my gas cat and piss on nitro for now.

just a thought. 2 different motors on the same boat & (i assume) the same fuel system, on the same day? common problem? bad lines, pickup in tank, or bad fuel? thinking bad fuel, maybe..........

i was thinking to much prop depth....bet that aqua outboard would only run well when up towards the heavens....

more food for thought

all the fuel system is brand new, pick up is the back left corner as lookin at it from the back of the boat, the fuel is a few months old, my brother was runnin it in his vegas and it was screamin he also dropped my aqua engine in it that was on the outboard to see if it would run and holy crap the boat went even faster my guess is that they dont like to run vertical idk, now the kaboom would run but never get on the pipe and would never find a needle may have a air leak but it was to dam hot outside and my patience done packed it bags and took off, so i never looked for one, i then put it back to stock and started havin cable issues one just bound up in the lower and the rest i had were to short, appeared they were modded os cables cuz they had very little square on them the mod set up was some work done to the case,throttle exhaust,venturi,mod con rod, mod button for more compression and stamped erwin prop height went from a 1/4 inch above and below the sponson the barrel that is and all it did is make the boat loose or glued, one day i'll figuere it out. if your talkin about the whip jeremy i dont think i am goin to run it had alot of top dogs at nats say they wouldn't run it if you paid them not big on droppin a 500 dollar motor in a turd but well see how it goes any way thanx for the advice,tricks and tips all have good one matt

Back