1440 for JAE 12G

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony Newland

I just received a couple of these for my JAE but I'm not entirely sure what mods everyone is running with them

Last I heard Mark is way backed up or out of town still so I went ahead and purchased them to mod myself.. right now on 50% I'm getting the best speed from a 40/52 and on 70% a 40/55 BC both Aqua props.

Anyone have any pics or advice?

There are many different ways people are working there props, I detongue and back cut then with pliers bend a little pitch......... very un-accurate but it works for me. I had to change rudders from whats pictured, had issues bending them.

2008_06150043.jpg

Awesome thanks for the pic

I used to do the same thing with outboard props years ago... drill a hole to allow it to cavitate on launch. These days i dont think I'm "in the know" about the latest tricks

Last edited by a moderator:
You can also try a 1640 @ 36mm dia @ 3.0 cup too... my bota will pull that as well as the 1440 Mark does.

Tony,

Try the Grimracer L38X55.. just might surprise ya on that setup!

Grim
I agree, the L38x55 worked well right up until the pond gods claimed it. Marks 1440 works very well also. I also tried a stock 440/3 and was very surprised, I could tell it gained some speed but lost just a bit of RPM, I think I can get it back by adjusting the pipe. It did seem a bit more stable with the 3 blade so i am going to test it some more. I am running a NR air cooled buggy motor with an OS carb and it turns some insane R's with the 1440.

jim

Tony,

ABC 40 x 53 B/C works very well, and we have been testing quite a few others that are showing

plenty of RPM and SPEED. 37mm to 38 mm seems to be the best diameter for the 12 motors

so far in our testing.

Jim,

Too much cup on the trailing edge of a stock X-440, reduce the cup and watch her go. :D

Keep Testing Fellas,

Mark Sholund

Thanks for all the info guys.... I really appreciate it

Currently the engine will pull the 40x53 pretty easy on 50% fuel.... switch to 70% and it will wail the 40x55 nicely... both are just sharpened and balanced no other mods. I de-tongued, sharpened and balanced one of the 1440's I bought and I'll try it tomorrow.

I tried a 36x55 and couldnt even get it to launch, just cavitated no matter what I did. I'll probably pick up a 38x55 to have in my box.

This little ST .18 is pretty impressive so say the least, I couldnt be more pleased from a $50 engine :lol:

Thanks, Tony

Tony,

With a 18 engine you will need more propeller.

A 1640 or X-442 may be a better choice.

I have had customers pulling three blades very

easy with a 18 motor. An H-4 may be a better blade

for the 18. Any O.S. RZM-21 parts available? Piston,

Sleeves, and rods? Anybody?

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

Hi Mark,

I pm'd you about engine parts

Ya Im not sure why it won't turn the 40x53 as well as I'd like.... the boat runs too wet still, its way too planted still. Im hoping the 1440 will loosen it up a bit

Tony

Tony,

The motor parts are for a old RZM-21 motor not the VZM-21.

The 40 x 53 has too much cup stock(3.91") it kills the RPM

in your motor. Try reduced cup or send them to me and I will

fix them for you for postage.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

Ahhh ya those are all disc..... no supply that I can find, sorry

wow thats an offer right there....... I'll take you up on it Mark, thanks a ton.

PM your addy and I'll get them on the next camel headed that way

Update from last weekend.....

The 1440 (de-tongued & s/B) cavitates too much, cant hardly launch the boat without going nolan ryan....when I launch it so it wont cavitate its still slower than my grim props

ran my 40x55 most of the day(de-tongued, reduced 42x55 and small bar cut 1/8") and it hauls the mail, ran with .21s all day and only 5-10 mph slower. Takes a lap to get on pipe on 50% so I'm going to open the bar cut up alittle. It hops right on pipe with 70%

I have my 40x53 still and gonna try that one this weekend, didnt have it with me last time. It should pop right up on pipe and possibly be a tick slower but much easier to heat race with

Still need to get a radar gun setup so I have good repeatable baselines

I gotcha Mark..... just not completely convinced there's anything wrong with them.... they've both been my fastest props. I'm absolutely extatic that I have this opportunity and dont want to blow it.

I can bag them all up and send em to ya monday to look at, I just have hard time thinking I'll be out of props for a week or so lol :lol: Havin a blast with this little guy every weekend, but definetly want any more I can get... who hasnt said that 100 times lol

any one know why my jae 12 will not run i have a 5 port novarossi new 5 tanks in it with a macs 2.5 cc pipe and tried alot of props 1440 440 638 437 so on and it will not get on pipe but one time puttering around the coupler fell off and the boat was going 60 mph but only 15 wit hthe pipe on???

any one know why my jae 12 will not run i have a 5 port novarossi new 5 tanks in it with a macs 2.5 cc pipe and tried alot of props 1440 440 638 437 so on and it will not get on pipe but one time puttering around the coupler fell off and the boat was going 60 mph but only 15 wit hthe pipe on???
Lance, if your .12 hydro is running 60 mph with out a pipe, i would leave the pipe off. You are 10 mph faster than any .12 hydro in the club at 60 mph. :lol: Richard D

Lance, did you build the boat EXACTLY per plans? (I'm suspecting you made some changes... given you suggested I shorten the tub length of my .21 kit JAE cause it looked too long :) )

Is the motor stock or did you make some mods to it?

I have a very small/low cup b/c 1440 you can try - if it wont pull that one...

Latest posts

Back