144 Racers / 457 Boats !!!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ken Haines

213 Racers / 695 Boats !!!

No..... that is not a miss print.
Recently it has seemed to me that RC boat racing in general had slowed a bit.....
however if you have looked at RCRacingEvents.com recently, there is a record
setting weekend coming up. There are a total of 144 Racers / 457 Boats currently
listed to race the weekend of May 18th & 19th. These races span from Texas to Maryland,
to Michigan and races on each coast of Florida. Some are Electric and others Gas & Nitro.
Probably poor scheduling on my part for the Wave Blasters race,
but it really does show that our hobby is alive and well !!
Just thought I would add an uplifting thread here.
Enjoy that busy race weekend,
Ken

bounce.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Recently it has seemed to me that RC boat racing in general had slowed a bit.....
setting weekend coming up. There are a total of 144 Racers / 457 Boats currently
listed to race the weekend of May 18th & 19th. These races span from Texas to Maryland,
to Michigan and races on each coast of Florida. Some are Electric and others Gas & Nitro.
Ken

bounce.gif
im glad you brought that up, we have been trying for several years now to fire everybody up that nitro is back and strong..down here in

florida about 4 years ago we could barely make 3 nitro riggers or monos ranging from the 20 class through Twin nitro...now we have to hurry to enter these classes before all the spots are taken...now thats a great problem to have :) and theres more of these boats still to come...

i must be blind because this is not whats on RCracingevents
Julian

Ken is totaling all of the races/racers in the time period he decided to put his race on....
i must be blind because this is not whats on RCracingevents
Julian

Ken is totaling all of the races/racers in the time period he decided to put his race on....
Ahhh ok lol
Yeh,,, I thought the same thing when I started to read it,,, WHAT THE HELL BROKE LOOSE leading up to this race,,,

Then I though,,, where is Ken going to put all of these people,,, As I know where he holds this race.

I had run nitro boats at his pond, before the neighborhood built up,,, in the mid 80's

We as racers should take advantage of this nationally busy race weekend to promote the hobby by inviting the local boyscout/cubscout troop, or put race flyers in grocery stores and hobby shops. You also can canvass the local schools too. Lets show them a clean fun hobby and how to get started.

Ken,

There's a race in Dayton Ohio on the 18th that is not on RC Racing Events also.

Bert Dygert

There is one in Canandaigua, NY at Stony Pond as well, that is not listed on RCracingevents. :)

DSCF0585.JPGDSCF0541.JPGDSCF0577.JPGDSCF0580.JPGDSCF0586.JPGDSCF0599.JPGDSCF0576.JPGDSCF0549.JPGDSCF0596.JPGDSCF0555.JPGDSCF0568.JPGDSCF0550.JPGDSCF0559.JPGDSCF0618.JPGDSCF0589.JPGDSCF0572.JPG

Ken,

There's a race in Dayton Ohio on the 18th that is not on RC Racing Events also.

Bert Dygert
is one in Canandaigua, NY at Stony Pond as well, that is not listed on RCracingevents. :)
Any chance you can get some entry totals....the 5 races on RCRacingEvents will get slightly larger too.

Maybe this is the beginning of an up year. Either way lets get some info so we can get an accurate

total on this big upcoming race weekend.

I like the idea of us trying to promo the hobby too....we just dislayed our whole club of boats at

the Stauart Power Boat races a couple of weeks ago......handed out over 500 flyers for our club and event.

Posted some pics here too....enjoy :)

Ken

bounce.gif
Update....162 Racers / 502 Boats

213 Racers / 695 Boats !!!

Ken

bounce.gif
New Total = 213 Racers / 695 Boats !!!

Ken don't forget about the APBA R/C guys I think they are running this weekend too. Are there any events in Canada or the islands ? Good luck to all racers on this historic race weekend!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back