13 cc motor / what fuel to run ?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitro_nemesis

Not that i'll be running anytime soon being it's winter here in Indiana (sux btw) but my tunnel restoration is coming along very well and I've got both the 11 cc and 13 cc k&b 's to test out on this hull of mine - just recently found out that's it's a dumas hotshot .45, one of the older fiberglass versions. What fuel should I run, am I going to get what these egnines are capable of w/ 30% or do I really need to be using 50% and or higher ??? By the way.....was wondering if anyone has tried to run a .21 size motor in a firefighter .12 and had any luck, was thinking about it but not sure if that boat would handle that much power :ph34r:

you'll get a lot with 30%. Might be good for an pverpowered hull like your setup so the power band doesn't make the boat jerk all over when the engine gets on the pipe. You are running a pipe aren't you?

I think that would be a bad idea..... It is just not designed for it....

what are you trying to do? Build a SAW boat?

Last edited:
no.......had a stock 7.5 on it and it didn't get up and go at all, barely 30 maybe, cudda been just setup issues but i wasn't impressed...I don't care if i blow the boat right off the water long as it's going about 55 -60 mph :p And no.....i don't have a pipe, these engines are stock. Figured anything this big ran beefed up too much would just be way, way too much - we'll see in the spring i guess !

My buddy in south FL runs his K&B 11cc outboard on 25% nitro fuel and it seems to run just fine. It doesn't sound like you're really looking for all out power output anyway with your .45 Hotshot hull. Save some money and use the 30% or even 25%. BTW, doesn't K&B recommend 25% for these motors :unsure: ?

You can make the K&B OB's run perdy strong, most (well all) of mine had pipes on'em,,ya gotta build

some heat in'em (like most OB's"). I ran nuthin' less than 40% in mine and "carved" on'em a bit,, had

an 11cc mated up to a highly modified DPI 1/4 scale Tunnel and had a Blast, for a while. The "plastic" boats didn't last too long but they were a fun boat to run.

Save up some money for some good hulls and put those motors to some good use. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I would, but I bought this boat off ebay cuzz it was a steal and it came w/ everything, just looked fun and it is my first tunnel. More into riggers and that's the rout I want to take when I actually get the knowhow to be competitive. Other than that, i'm just tinkering for now learning the ups and downs and gettin' my feet wet w/ all the different hulls :D Thanks for the input though guys, Keep it coming !!!

anyone have a pipe/header that'll fit the 11cc they can afford to sell - if not who sells em and how much do the pipes and headers run ???

Latest posts

Back