.12 riggers

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dont feel too bad man , mine wouldnt even go but about 20 foot off a good launch today and ended up eating the flex shaft..lol. i run .130 in mine what do you ues , i am thinking i might run a .150 cable in it..? i cant wait to run agian..later
terry

I have .130 cables om mine also.

Mark

I have only run .130 Hughey cables, the only one I have ever broke was when the boat had radio issues and came a shore.

Paul

Quicky reply. The .125/.130" cables should be fine unless you're turning really big props. The .150" cable is actually weaker than the .125" by 10%, don't ask me why.

I have a very old Trinity/Picco/Nova Rossi .12 that has been one of the nicest little engines to run in my .12 boats. It has a Nova Rossi .21 carb on it that really wakes that puppy up. I don't see why a K&B or other 3.5 carb couldn't be turned down to drop in there. The needle only has to be opened about 1-1/2 turns. An OS .18 might be a better fit without such a large throttle bore.

The loose throttle stop screw problem I've seen before on a Pro Boat Miss Bud. It took us a few minutes to see that one.

Back