100 mph scale

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wats the fastest recorded heat time for the 1/8th scale class in IMPBA?
We don't record heat race times in IMPBA. As for your Q's about my SAW scale set up and props I'll tell you the same thing I've told others and that's I do not share what I did when it comes to record trials. Why? Simple- I spent the time designing, building, testing, testing, and more testing to accomplish what I have done often over the course of a couple years or more, why should I just hand that over to anyone who asks? I'm sure somebody may say that's selfish or whatever but I look at it this way, if someone wants to do it they need to go out and earn it just like I did. I don't mind offering suggestions to help someone along with quests for speed with what they have (right Phil?) but as for my own specifics I play those cards close to the chest. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Heat racing speeds are low 62 63 64mph, I have Only ever seen one 80 mph scale boat pass & it was Gary prusse & 12 years ago. Very impressive LIGHT boat & it was hauling ars...

Last edited by a moderator:
Wats the fastest recorded heat time for the 1/8th scale class in IMPBA?
We don't record heat race times in IMPBA. As for your Q's about my SAW scale set up and props I'll tell you the same thing I've told others and that's I do not share what I did when it comes to record trials. Why? Simple- I spent the time designing, building, testing, testing, and more testing to accomplish what I have done often over the course of a couple years or more, why should I just hand that over to anyone who asks? I'm sure somebody may say that's selfish or whatever but I look at it this way, if someone wants to do it they need to go out and earn it just like I did. I don't mind offering suggestions to help someone along with quests for speed with what they have (right Phil?) but as for my own specifics I play those cards close to the chest. ;)
I agree with Don on that one. Don, you have been so helpful in the setup of my boat, but I want to achieve what you did on my own. It is good to ask questions. Heck, I know I ask a bunch.

Don, nothing wrong with that! I have been very fortunate to get some GREAT help from people here, and sticking through it even at times when I wasnt clearly thinking about the situation. But once you lead someone into the water, and show them how to swim, sometimes you have to let them go.

I hope to be fast some day :D

Oh my bad and Mike McKnight one whos always been willing to help me. Imma let this one go Duck, I thought wed be capable of having a fun discussion about scales and setup without the nastiness its not possible here. We have several members that feel they have the right to tell people how much they can talk and what they can talk about. It is also believed that I have in genuine motives for starting a thread. Cant deal with it Duck sorry. Staying within the rules is very hard with others constantly breaking them. I honestly dont see how they sleep with themselves at night. Its disgusting! I have what I need and thats assurance from the powers at be that me and my children can enjoy model boating at an IMPBA event without strife.Face it we live in a world where people dont have a right to their own opinion. People will literally kill you for having one even when theirs is wrong. When my maker comes it will be a truly happy day for me :wub: . People like that make life on earth miserable for me.When its my time dont let the engines be silent let em rip at WOT coz when its my time ill be happy.

never again will I ask for any help here.

Later

Hugh

Last edited:
My old 94 Exide did a six lap District 9 fast time in 2010 at 1:26:34 and that boat was slow. by comparison. Troy Davis did a 1:20 and change a couple years before that with his Elam. My 89 Circus has a six lap time of 1:23 and change and it is essentially the same hull as my Exide but lighter. All were in Fremont which is almost at sea level.. I don't have a six lap on my '78 Circus of late because it's had trouble finishing but it has registered on radar in the high 60's a few times in the straights. I believe a couple guys in SoCal hit low 70's.
Mike are you talking 70mph heat racing speeds?? or a Special Boat and set up& a Blast thru the speed trap

Oh my bad and Mike McKnight one whos always been willing to help me. Imma let this one go Duck, I thought wed be capable of having a fun discussion about scales and setup without the nastiness its not possible here. We have several members that feel they have the right to tell people how much they can talk and what they can talk about. It is also believed that I have in genuine motives for starting a thread. Cant deal with it Duck sorry. Staying within the rules is very hard with others constantly breaking them. I honestly dont see how they sleep with themselves at night. Its disgusting! I have what I need and thats assurance from the powers at be that me and my children can enjoy model boating at an IMPBA event without strife.Face it we live in a world where people dont have a right to their own opinion. People will literally kill you for having one even when theirs is wrong. When my maker comes it will be a truly happy day for me :wub: . People like that make life on earth miserable for me.When its my time dont let the engines be silent let em rip at WOT coz when its my time ill be happy.

never again will I ask for any help here.

Later

Hugh
Hey man, I was just being a joker.....lol......see all the lol's..... ;) ....lol

ya forgot to thank Mike Mcknight was all......lol

Im not shure Hugh thay any one was bad mouthing any one,They just daid thy wont share there record set ups and i thinck thats fare.im still learning boats to but when i race my short truck im willing to help bet im not sharing my set ups ,I like to win to much lol.As for my boats i ask a lot but the final set up is mine and a lot of trial and aror, ^_^

the best way to sumarise it all hugh is ........prop work that goes for any boat setup .

remember its hull setup

engine & drivline setup

prop work.

and dedication to make it happen on the day.

knowledge is only gain through hard work

the best way to sumarise it all hugh is ........prop work that goes for any boat setup .

remember its hull setup

engine & drivline setup

prop work.

and dedication to make it happen on the day.

knowledge is only gain through hard work

"LIKE".................lol....... :lol:

I've been running and racing boats since 1977 and back in the day there was no wealth of knowledge you could go to just for information like today......Alot of trial and error.....props were very limited and you made the best out of what you could get. Today, you can spend hours on these forums, ask all the questions and apply to your boat and get a hull running fairly decent.....

The guys who are fast are the ones who pay attention to the details, Props are the key. Sharp edges on hull, clean set ups. Engine prep. It all goes hand in hand......

It amazes me how some of the new people can go so fast in so little time......

And then the driving experience comes into play......there is no substitute for race time on the water as opposed to keyboard racing..... :p

Duck I 3rd that been doing this since 83 no time like water time. Funny because I can just watch and listen and provide info to the boater weather they listen or not is a different story.

Scale times at the IMPBA nats in Straights are usually in the 62-63 mph range. These are heat race boats with a prop tweak or two. Race trim speeds on my boats are 60-62 on the gun very lean

Nice rig Don, is that a velasco cowl like Mikes currently selling? Without being too specific what motor and esc are you running in the boat. In your nitro what motor will you be trying to pull 100 with. I must have issues with my pc coz the photo looks like a oberto not an executone :huh: .

Hugh

Last edited:
Back