100 mph scale

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
H

hugh hargett

Do you think its possible? What would it take? Curious as to what Nitro and FE guys think.

Hugh

Last edited:
There is a video on youtube when he made the 90mph record last april, then he did 100 last fall. Mike

LOL :D . Any video of the run? Mike you gonna bring 8s boats to the d-12 pool parties or.........? Wondering what setups we need to sport when we run with the nitros vs when we rull a full fe event? looks like ther may end up at least 5 fe's in the district so cant we have a full fe heat if everyone shows at a race? Mike Im hoping youll take some time to run some heats .tho I doubt you will :( .

Last edited:
OH MY! :mellow: Don will tell me setup the one thing he will not do Is let me hold a propeller - how I know - I already asked :lol: . I GOT NO REPLY :lol: .

......a long time ago.........! :lol:

Last edited:
I replied " I guess the non response means you dont let people borrow props?" I still got no reply!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: - I think that means absolutely not under any circumstances :lol: .

I think some of the fast scales in the west run around 60-65 mph in heat trim in a straight line. Our times are typically 1:30-1:45 on a 6 lap 1 mile course. This is at 2200' elevation. Sealevel will be quicker.....

My old 94 Exide did a six lap District 9 fast time in 2010 at 1:26:34 and that boat was slow. by comparison. Troy Davis did a 1:20 and change a couple years before that with his Elam. My 89 Circus has a six lap time of 1:23 and change and it is essentially the same hull as my Exide but lighter. All were in Fremont which is almost at sea level.. I don't have a six lap on my '78 Circus of late because it's had trouble finishing but it has registered on radar in the high 60's a few times in the straights. I believe a couple guys in SoCal hit low 70's.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back