100 mph scale

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice rig Don, is that a velasco cowl like Mikes currently selling? Without being too specific what motor and esc are you running in the boat. In your nitro what motor will you be trying to pull 100 with. I must have issues with my pc coz the photo looks like a oberto not an executone :huh: .

Hugh
No that is a one off cowl on a scratch built wood hull. The motor was a Neu 1527 and the ESC was from Schulze. The nitro project is still classified, if we told you we'd have to shoot you. :D

"... if we told ya we'd have to shoot you "

Oh lord I dont wanna know then Im not quite ready for the WOT engines yet. Some day...... LOL!

At least I know equipment wise Im heading in the right direction. Any chance youll flip that hull over??? and take a photo :D .

Last edited:
The nitro I assume you mean Mike? Probably one of you new gp hulls anyway :p . Or maybe its a 92 bud lol.

Wats the fastest recorded heat time for the 1/8th scale class in IMPBA?
We don't record heat race times in IMPBA. As for your Q's about my SAW scale set up and props I'll tell you the same thing I've told others and that's I do not share what I did when it comes to record trials. Why? Simple- I spent the time designing, building, testing, testing, and more testing to accomplish what I have done often over the course of a couple years or more, why should I just hand that over to anyone who asks? I'm sure somebody may say that's selfish or whatever but I look at it this way, if someone wants to do it they need to go out and earn it just like I did. I don't mind offering suggestions to help someone along with quests for speed with what they have (right Phil?) but as for my own specifics I play those cards close to the chest. ;)
Yep. Thats the reason everytime someone asks me what prop I am running, and I have tried to let them know I dont discuss details like that due to the reasons Don mentioned above, I end up responding "A Prather 240"...... :D

Last edited by a moderator:
RON SHAW! you should be ashamed of yourself. You dont know that some fool will go try it!!!! Youre going to burn up someones motor telling lies. LOL.

Last edited:
RON SHAW! you should be ashamed of yourself. You dont know that some fool will go try it!!!! Youre going to burn up someones motor telling lies. LOL.
You try to be nice but some people just don't get it sometimes. Its like Don said, you spend countless hours and money on props and some people really think you will just hand it over. I pitch in all the time to help people get their stuff running if they are willing to put in the effort......... ;)

You also have to watch out for people that sell you BS claiming it works or its the best to sell it.Learning that here daily on IW. Don, the Oberto says alot to me without commenting on it. Thanks for the tip and I mean that sincerely.

Hugh

hopefully Ill be in EC to watch you guys put that nitro through the traps at over 100

They will do it ya know - coz theyre d-12'vers

Ron I will demonstrate a blow-over parade one day up in WF Ill let you know when I wanna come up!

Last edited:
You try to be nice but some people just don't get it sometimes. Its like Don said, you spend countless hours and money on props and some people really think you will just hand it over. I pitch in all the time to help people get their stuff running if they are willing to put in the effort......... ;)
Well put RON

Wats the fastest recorded heat time for the 1/8th scale class in IMPBA?
We don't record heat race times in IMPBA. As for your Q's about my SAW scale set up and props I'll tell you the same thing I've told others and that's I do not share what I did when it comes to record trials. Why? Simple- I spent the time designing, building, testing, testing, and more testing to accomplish what I have done often over the course of a couple years or more, why should I just hand that over to anyone who asks? I'm sure somebody may say that's selfish or whatever but I look at it this way, if someone wants to do it they need to go out and earn it just like I did. I don't mind offering suggestions to help someone along with quests for speed with what they have (right Phil?) but as for my own specifics I play those cards close to the chest. ;)
Don,

You have shared some great information and been a Big help with my Need For Speed ! I think I'm hooked now. Heck I may even try to make it to one of the SAW events in the future. Phil

Okay, having never seen the pond I didn't know. I know at some SAW events I've been to, the pond only has around 25 yards at one end and slightly more at the other

Don, the truth must just be that very few of us know a darn thing about putting a scale or any boat over 100 mph. Its obviously a place where few of us have been so for that alone I have to applaud you again for such a fantastic feat. The boat you showed says alot to anybody that wants to take notice to things not so obvious.I can simply look at the boat and what you said and take a lot from it. Im sure some think Im just blowing smoke but Im not. Once again thank you for the things that are so obvious and trusting me to learn on my own the things that are not. Im paying attention buddy believe me. Its really sad to see people miss it coz they are too busy being silly.One day we will see what Ive picked up so far.

Later!

Hugh

Back