10 Cent Info To My Friends (Not A Short Read)

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grimracer

[SIZE=medium]Just because I have good friends on here I thought I would share..[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Over the last 10 years I have had to deal with Macular Denegation. Its not really MD but they did not know how to qualify it because Im too young to have MD.. Anyway.. I have had multiple laser procedures and over the last 7 years or so, Avastin injections (yep.. big ass needles in the eye)… It’s a VERY risky deal with a 1-1000 chance I will lose the eye after the injection to infection.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Some 5 years ago or so my MD nicked a muscle and it was damaged. I ended up with not only vision loss in that eye but now the muscle is toast. I had double vision. The eye would wander and always in motion. With my right eye spot on the other would place objects to the left one and ½ object diameter and down to about the 8 oclock position (a tick lower but you get the idea). I asked the Drs if they could just remove it.. they said they would not… I asked my Opt for a black out contact lens.. he said no… (they said.. there’s a chance it “could get better”.. not likely but a chance..[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]RC boat racing, Flying Helis and airplanes was a real challenge (I gave up RC car racing).. Driving an automobile the most challenging of all and I love my RIDES! (There were times early on when I would duck at things..lol.. True!) [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Anyway… all BS I know. (you have read more then you wanted to…)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium] I was hoping at the least I would get used to it.. I never did.. Sick when I would drive.. fly or whatever, I have bought over 20 pair of glasses in the last 5 years.. (the cost in this I could have EASLY had a new scale boat..lol)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]I started getting headaches over the last few weeks. I was on my back deck and star gazing, I removed my glasses and low a behold the stars were ONE.. I don’t know what happen but my double vision is gone. (I hope it sticks around). I went back to my opt and he said.. yep… no more double vision. As fast as it came it has gone but left a 5 year path of destruction. (no not my cars) but a few boats for sure, airplanes and Helis YES. Lol.. I guess I was too stupid to give up on those toys.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]I have a feeling that when my new glasses get here.. (I still have some vision issues.. Left eye is canted a few deg and about 40% loss of vision) Im going to be able to get back to racing HARD and taking trips again. (Very hard to do before).[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Just goes to show. Ya just can’t give up. If it only lasts a few days weeks or months im going to make the best of it that’s for sure.. I cannot wait to get into my first boat race this year, 3 pin corners.. I can do that![/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Lets race![/SIZE]

That's incredibly great news. This should be an inspiration to all who have considered giving up on their hopes.

Mike,

You have just won the biggest lottery in in the world, eye site is VERY precious. Take care of what you now have

Walt Barney

Thanks everybody.

I get my first set of glasses today (computer glasses). Needless to say I’m both nervous and excited. I hate trying to get use to new glasses but really need to get the ones I have on now off my head.. (blaaat)...yuck..

I am looking for nothing more than TACK SHARP! Lol.. I don’t ask for much do I? lol

ROCK ON!

Good to hear Mike. I can relate. I had a fishing incident a few years ago that left me with a pretty much "less than useful" right eye. I've had my issues flying helis, for sure. Driving...yeah, that's an adventure! It sucks, but I either don't notice anymore, don't care, or have adapted.
default_biggrin.png

-Joey

Oh, and it's always nice to hear of folks recovering from vision problems. That field of medicine is advancing rapidly. It's just amazing. Again, thanks for posting your story, Mike. It's really good motivation!!

-Joey

Glad to hear that things are going better for you. I hope they continue to improve from now on. Looking forward to seeing you at the races this year. Enjoy driving that Z06!

Dick Tyndall

Thanks Joey and the rest of you cartoon critters... (Joey now knows too what a bunch of NuTs we are!)

Ray... before when i would shake you hand there were two of you.. GLAD THATS OVER! baahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Hey.... What goes

Wack,,,****

wack,,,****

wack... ****

Grim with double vision trying to hammer a nail!

Grim

Back