1/8th Scale Antenna Placement

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ReidCuddy

New to 2.4 GHz radio system on boats. I have a Futaba and was wondering if I could run the antenna inside the hull about even with the deck. I use an antenna inside a .60 size airplane and have had no problem. Can I run the antenna on the inside or should it be exposed? If so, how much length of it needs to be exposed to open air? Thanks

New to 2.4 GHz radio system on boats. I have a Futaba and was wondering if I could run the antenna inside the hull about even with the deck. I use an antenna inside a .60 size airplane and have had no problem. Can I run the antenna on the inside or should it be exposed? If so, how much length of it needs to be exposed to open air? Thanks
What ever you feel comfortable with. I have seen guys loop it inside the radio box with no concerns

The last 1/2 inch or so is the actual receiving part of the antena. I run mine just through the top of the radio box under the cowl. No issues. Have also seen them laying inside the box as well. John

Mine are all inside the radio box with no issues....Bud T-4, Bardahl, Smokin Joes, Miss US...3 years running.

Remember to keep the antenna away from any carbon fiber and metal. They both will cause interference. John

Latest posts

Back