• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

1/8th Scale 1980 Pak on Ebay

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure. I'm not the seller just noticed it today. Its not the standard Dumas Pak. Perhaps a converted AVL or scratch build. Not sure. Thx

If it is dumas its been heavily modified. Dumas doesnt make a turbine pak or a pak of any kind in 1/8th scale.Notice also that it is offset - - something you will not find in a dumas kit. Its likely scratchbuilt of Finlay or Newton plans. If the person would show the bottom that would tell you alot more.

Last edited:
You guys are all right if it is a Dumas kit it has been heavily modified. Dumas doesn't make the pak in 1/8 scale.. any more I wish they did i have been holding on to a Dumas 1/8 sclae kit of the 73 (Winged Wonder) for over 12 years waiting to get the time and conditions to due it up right. and I don't remember seeing an off set in the plans, that one looks to be set up for left hand turns, thanks for the heads up Ken, good looking out i all ways enjoy finding the (name sake) model, doesn't matter if its up for sale or some ones personal ride.. Stephen

Just to let everyone know that boat is the 1981 version and not the 1980 version. The 1980 version did not have the bull nose cut back.

You guys are all right if it is a Dumas kit it has been heavily modified. Dumas doesn't make the pak in 1/8 scale.. any more I wish they did i have been holding on to a Dumas 1/8 sclae kit of the 73 (Winged Wonder) for over 12 years waiting to get the time and conditions to due it up right. and I don't remember seeing an off set in the plans, that one looks to be set up for left hand turns, thanks for the heads up Ken, good looking out i all ways enjoy finding the (name sake) model, doesn't matter if its up for sale or some ones personal ride.. Stephen
Stephen, take a close look at the 2nd pic- bottom of left sponson- it has a step in the sponson at the ram wing. Dumas did not do this but I did on my 73. Sponsons were too deep on Dumas Pak and Atlas kits.

Dumas did a hull with steps- the circus, the only other turbine I know of in the dumas fleet was the Miller American. Doesnt mean that this isnt a modified Atlas or Miller hull. Without looking at the bottom its hard to say.

Reply from seller when I asked if the hull was a kit or scratch built. I'm guessing New Marine is actually Newton Marine. Thx

"This hull was not built by me, it was built from New Marine Plans by a gentleman who here in Ohio who has been building boats for over 30 years."

Last edited by a moderator:
I just checked out the pictures of the engine bay and the general interior layout and wood looks to be the same style as Dumas uses. It COULD very well be a modified Dumas Miller kit since the Pak and 84 Atlas were very similar in hull design except in the area of the cockpit and picklefork depth. Here are the specs as listed in the MHR from the R/C Unlimiteds website listing hull length, width, tunnel width, hull depth and afterplane length:

80 Pay'N Pak Turbine 28 - 6, 14 - 0, 7 - 6, 2 - 2, 16 - 0 Picklefork 108.0"

84 Atlas Turbine 28 - 6, 13 - 6, 7 - 5, 2 - 3, 15 - 11, Picklefork 132.0"

Figures, this thing won't let me do side-by-side listings

Last edited by a moderator:
Back