1/8 scales

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitronewbie

Do you guys try to hide radio antennas inside cowls? I was going to run mine up a

black plastic antenna tube like the car guys run, but it looks pretty bad over the top of my new BUD paint job. What is the thinking on using piano wire outside the hull? I know I'm not suppose to cut receiver antenna wire but isn't it the total lenght of the wire that is the factor in that thinking??? What do you guys do with the antenna????

nitronewbie said:
I know I'm not suppose to cut receiver antenna wire but isn't it the total lenght of the wire that is the factor in that thinking???  What do you guys do with the antenna????
96917[/snapback]

Just cut off the antenna wire the same length of music wire you use, so the total of stock antenna wire + music wire = original length of antenna wire. . I find this method works well. But at 50+ MPH the plastic tube is hard to see any way. I would suggest you check with the club that you hold the registration on your hull with to see what they suggest.

Eric Bourlet said:
nitronewbie said:
I know I'm not suppose to cut receiver antenna wire but isn't it the total lenght of the wire that is the factor in that thinking???   What do you guys do with the antenna????
96917[/snapback]

Just cut off the antenna wire the same length of music wire you use, so the total of stock antenna wire + music wire = original length of antenna wire. . I find this method works well. But at 50+ MPH the plastic tube is hard to see any way. I would suggest you check with the club that you hold the registration on your hull with to see what they suggest.

97009[/snapback]

Eric's advice works very well, I've done that on a couple scale boats. My current boat I have the wire INSIDE the radio box. I'm sure this will only work with a PCM radio. We have a couple racer doing this in our club. Good luck

Ralph

Have you guys seen the new RX/TX modulars designed for KO Propo radios?? The receiver and TX tronsponder are wireless as well as crystal less. The radio and transmitter self tune at all times so you never even have to ask to anyone what frequency they're on.

Amazing! Imagine no more antenna mounts!

Roy Munoz said:
One of those would be grate to have..No extra holes in your raido box or boat...
97385[/snapback]

Go to Horizon.com and liik up the Spektum (sp) and you will see the new system is made for all kinds of radio's. I think the JR xs3 is listed. Hey Roy send me an email I lost yours when I got the new comp. later Ron

Hey Roy.....I went to watch Jessie and gang race there cars last weekend and they upgraded all their Futaba radios with Spektrum modules and receivers. Kinda makes everything else obsolete.

Last edited by a moderator:
All these new Radio stuff comming out B) I like not haveing to drill more holes then need to in a boat..Something about drilling holes in something that suppose to floate :D

Back