1/16th scale Hydro racing In Seattle

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello,
I am new to electrics, but I am very interested in this setup you guys have been talking about. With the popularity of the sv27 motor/ESC setup I was wondering why you didnt consider this setup.
The SV27 system will not work with 2S (7.4V) setups.. The KV is way too low to get the RPMs necessary, plus it's big and heavy for this size boat... I have the AMMO setup mentioned above installed and it's going to work great... VERY light and easy to install... should be plenty...

Ya what Darin said. The Pstix is an adaptor that allows using an Airplane speed control with a wheel type radio.

Jim

Hello,
I am new to electrics, but I am very interested in this setup you guys have been talking about. With the popularity of the sv27 motor/ESC setup I was wondering why you didnt consider this setup. I noticed it was rated for 7.2-18 volts. It would allow someone to run it in the 1/16 hydros and later a 1/12 scale. Like I said I am new to electrics and there could be a very good reason that I am not aware of, but it was just a thought. Also what is a PiStix? Is this (PiStix) needed for the non stick type controllers?

Jeff

Oh I see now. It was just a thought. The setup you guys are going to go with sounds pretty good. Will the 40 amp ESC. be big enough? Can you give some run time numbers? I have built one of Gary F. Atlas hydros so I am very interested in this setup! :) Thanks!

Jeff

I haven't tried a 40 amp I am a little leery but the motor top amp draw is rated at 40 amps. I have tried a hacker navy 70 and that works great and I have just purchased a Castle Phoenix 60 Iam going to try also which should work well. Runtime I am only guessing I would be able to get about 4 mins off a 2500 mah battery

Jim

Oh I see now. It was just a thought. The setup you guys are going to go with sounds pretty good. Will the 40 amp ESC. be big enough? Can you give some run time numbers? I have built one of Gary F. Atlas hydros so I am very interested in this setup! :) Thanks!
Jeff

Thanks for the info. I think I am going to be making a purchase real soon. It's hard to beat the price. Wish I was closer could be a lot of fun. :D

Jeff

Back