1/12 Bud Boat---Fuel Feed Problem??

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zrwhat

Need some help with my Bud boat. I am just getting the bugs worked out on my modified stock motor(Ported, Lightened, New Pipe, No more pull start). I've got maybe 3 tanks through it since the mods and I was just getting ready to lean the motor out when I ran into problems.

The last time at the pond I ran two complete tanks through the motor with absolutely no problems. I brought it in to start leaning out the motor, filled it up with gas and went to start it. Couldn't get the fuel to feed from the tank to the carb. I could prime the engine with nitro through the carb and it would start and run for a few seconds on that fuel and then die. I changed both pressure and feed fuel lines. Made sure that there was no blockage in the header pressure fitting. I pulled the main jet and could not find any blockage there.

Anybody have any thoughts or suggestions?

i think its the tang open it and check it out ...use a fuel filter always

george/greece/1/8 hydro

Pull the feed line from the carb and blow into the vent line to make sure the tank assembly itself flows freely.

I would check your pressure line off the exhaust, make sure that and your feed line isnt clogged. Sometimes the fuel gels up in the lines and have to clear it out.

if you didnt have any problems before you starter to lean it, richen it back up, remember you have mods to the motor, your going to need more fuel.

I did pull the tank out and blew through the pressure line. No problem there, fuel came right out. How air tight does the cap have to be? I thought about just sealing the cap shut?

I changed all of the fuel lines thinking it may be a sealing issue on one of the barbs. No change.

I actually had not even gotten to the point of leaning it out, I had it set extra rich for the first couple of tanks with the new moded engine. The main is probably 1-2 full turns richer than it was with the stock engine. It flies even being that rich, probably picked up 10mph over stock with the plastic prop, hadn't gotten a chance to try out any of my real props yet.

If I can get the **** thing to start I will take some pics and video > :(

If it won't start, won't the video be the same as the pics? ???

Sorry Dude...couldn't resist... ;D

have you opened the fuel filter to make sure it's not clogged with debris? if you have a dirty fuel can, that can happen very easily.

Joe

I eliminated the pull start and converted it to a starter. I have tried with my hand over the exhaust pipe and it will pump fuel but very slow. But it will not keep the prime and the gas always seems to stop somewhere in the feed line.

No fuel filter on the boat, probably the main problem! I will take the main jet completely out again this weekend and see if I can get it flowing.

Worked on the boat again this weekend with no luck. Pulled the main jet and cleaned everything thoroughly. I blew through the pressure line and could not get gas to flow into the carb(It would flow through the tank no problem).

I haven't removed the carb completely, what else past the main jet could be holding up the fuel?

With the feed and the pressure lines disconnected, I blew through the pressure line and it would flow no problem. When I connected the feed line to the carb and blew through the pressure line it would not flow? Does the cap on the tank have to be completely air tight, could this be the problem? Thanks again.

I finally fixed her ;D

I decided to pull the motor and remove the carb to soak. I removed all jets again and re-assembled and installed. I glued the cap on the tank since it was somewhat stripped. I removed the pressure nipple from the header and re-sealed. And finally went through and changed fuel and pressure lines again.

Not sure which one it was, but it pumps fuel again and it runs :) Now I just have to get it tuned in and back on the water. Thanks for all your help!

Brent

Cool when are we going to see some pics & video, thats allways better than reading these messages.

Latest posts

Back