ML Boatworks- Winston Eagle Lobster "Extreme Series" 1/8th kit-8910- Build Thread

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Luszcz

Vendor
Well, I have not designed any new scale kits in a while, but I am finally getting back to it, and this is the first of a few I want to work on per some customer requests. This kit, is the '89-90 Winston Eagle Lobster "Extreme Series" 1/8th scale. I will be building this hull for a friend in the coming weeks. I just finished the CAD file, and wanted to share some of the 3d images. Some of the pieces are not shown in these pics as they are some sheeting parts, but for the most part, this is going to be one neat build. This is the most advanced scale kit I have attempted to date, and like the other Extreme kits I offer, it is very complete, and should make the builder VERY happy. If you remember my original Winston Eagle Lobster build some years ago you will see the differences in the ride surfaces, ram wing angles, and the fact that this kit includes the front canard flap system, and I even worked on a rear shoe frame kit, which is light, and will make installation a breeze. This kit also incorporates a new technique I did in my new GSX380 Sport 40 hydroplane kit...which is dowel locks inside the sponsons. This forces the sponson to mount up 90 degrees to the center section. It worked so well in the sport 40, that I plan to use this technique in any new 3 piece design I do. I hope you enjoy the look of this kit as much as I do. I will be ordering the laser cut kit this week, and hope to begin the build next week. I am probably going to make a top deck with integrated hatchs for this kit as well, but that will be shared later! Enjoy, Mike

WinstonLobsterExtreme3d-plan_zpshqtagtw3.jpg

WinstonLobsterExtreme3d-profile_zpssz9m9otq.jpg
WinstonLobsterExtreme3d-Modela_zpsdpga0ygj.jpg

WinstonLobsterExtreme3d-Modeld_zpsiftki5x2.jpg
WinstonLobsterExtreme3d-Modelb_zpsnizytabs.jpg

WinstonLobsterExtreme3d-Modele_zpsgusejczi.jpg

Mike,

You just keep coming up with boats I have to build! How FE friendly are you designing this?

Michael

All I do is FE if that answers your question....haha, it will work fine with Nitro too tho.

Mike, when will this kit be available for sale? what will you be using for a motor? looking forward to building this thanks, geno

Geno, It will go on cut sheets tonight or tomorrow, then its ready.This one will be run with a 1530 Neu. I will not be able to add it to my website until the repair work on the database is finished, so I can take orders via pm here, or to my email [email protected]. Sames goes for the GSX380 sport hydro kit. Thanks!

Geno, It will go on cut sheets tonight or tomorrow, then its ready.This one will be run with a 1530 Neu. I will not be able to add it to my website until the repair work on the database is finished, so I can take orders via pm here, or to my email [email protected]. Sames goes for the GSX380 sport hydro kit. Thanks!
how much $ what all will come with kit ?

Its $165 plus shipping. The only wood your will need to complete is a couple sheets of 1/16" ply to sheet the sponsons and some 1/4" and 1/8" basswood sticks, which I can price for you if you need that. Cowling can be gotten from rcboatcompany.com, and this kit is intended to work correctly with that cowl.

mike, how much will it cost and what will come with the kit? also will you be running the 1530 on 8s /

Eugene,

The kit includes all the framing you see in the pics, plus ram wing top sheeting, and non trip sheeting for the center tube at the back where you see it currently exposed. That is $165 plus shipping

1/16"x 12" x 48" ply is $14.00 a sheet, 2 sheets needed for this kit to complete

Enough basswood sticks to complete the kit, $20.00

So you are looking at $213.00 plus shipping to get all the wood materials for the build. Thanks, Mike

Thank you Scott, I really enjoy doing this kind of stuff when I have the time, and motivation.

hi,
damage, I would need a rear shoes frame kit .my front part is already modified .the front canard flap system is being modified

Christophe,

I am not really understanding what you are asking. Please clarify. Thanks, Mike

hi mike,
sorry for the translation (google translator) .I do not understand and does not speak English. I would have been interested for the set of these 2 pieces
WinstonLobster 1.jpg

Mike, how long is this boat ? and can you give me some suggestions on power besides the neu 1530 like what size nitro or if a gas motor will work. I will only be needing the 2 sheets of plywood with the kit as i all ready have some 1/8 and 1/4 sticks. please send me a total cost with shipping to NY 14437 [email protected]

I will check on prices for both of you. Christophe, I need an address for you so I can figure up shipping. Thanks, Mike

Also, for those following my scale kits, the Newton 109, MHR 7402,7455- "'74-75 LINCOLN THRIFT, MISS US " GAS SCALE KIT is now available. PM or email me for info. Thanks, Mike

Geno, Check your Intlwaters.com mailbox. I sent it via PM on this website. If you need me to just email it, I will do so. Thanks, Mike

Back