OPS engines back in the U.S.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerry De Young

Just a quick question to you guys here. How many people here would like to hear that OPS may be coming back into the U.S.

Post replies good or bad so we know.

I think the more Nitro engines that are available will be better for the growth of the hobby.

Just a quick question to you guys here. How many people here would like to hear that OPS may be coming back into the U.S.

Post replies good or bad so we know.
if they upgrade to the current levels of the rest of the motors available,it would only be good.of not,doesn't matter

I agree with Steve. There motors need some serious upgrading, otherwise we would just be purchasing old, outdated technology and we are all trying to get away from that.

I agree with Steve. There motors need some serious upgrading, otherwise we would just be purchasing old, outdated technology and we are all trying to get away from that.
I have been speaking with the owner of Mantua working with him on these issues. They have updated most. Some changes on the line. So I think that they are working on this as well. They want to be able to have some share of the market and know what they need to do in order to accomplish the goal.

I have been speaking with the owner of Mantua working with him on these issues. They have updated most. Some changes on the line. So I think that they are working on this as well. They want to be able to have some share of the market and know what they need to do in order to accomplish the goal.
Awesome!! :D

For almost 10 years I ram OPS on my boats (mid 70's to early 80"s)..they were great motors hard to beat until Picco left the partnership...would be nice see them back!

Gill

Well it is nice to hear the ideas and comments that we have here. I am also making sure that the issues are resolved and also we have a good price point as well.

Ran OPS motors for quite a few years, would be nice to see them make a comeback, if the are competitive with the current motors.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, my name is Sebastien from Hobby Soulanges. I'm a official OPS dealer in Canada since 2 years. OPS have already some dealer in USA but few people don't know who.

OPS have already begun to improve their motor. They begun with her .21 car engine and they name it .21 Next. The marine version will come soon.

Welcome to the OPS family Jerry!!

Sébastien

Hobby Soulanges

The 45 and 67 need a one piece case anything less is trash can material. Drum induction and bolt on carbs. Steel needle bearing rods along with available parts. Is this asking too much? Modern engines last for years

One of the single biggest upgrades that OPS could do would be to make the motor mounting hole pattern the same a CMB. The bastard bolt pattern kept a lot of people from trying them even when they weren't also rans.

bring the .67, i'm sick of having one engine for my class...boring!!!!!! zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, send them a greenhead and tell them to copy it, but change the color of the water jacket to something that makes sense (ops red was always cool)...parts should be interchangeable...lol

make sure they read jim allen's ideas on metallurgy in the previous thread .......nvm..here it is.... "The best material available for pistons is RSA-444 T6, 30% silicon aluminum. The best material for the connecting rod is AISI S-7 tool steel. The connecting rod needs a caged roller assembly. The best material for the cage is C-350 maraging steel. Rollers & crank pins can be made of M-2 steel. The crankshaft's best material is AISI S-7 with a separate pressed in M-2 steel crank pin."

otherwise, cost of a greenhead will be several thousand before you know it....FFS!

Something needs to happen.. The Euro Vs. Dollar and the low number of Engine Manufacturers are driving the cost of Nitro engines through the roof. Sure makes gas look attractive to some.

Back