Minnesota Iowa showdown

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Leyde

Club Racer
Well the MN district championship race has been canceled do to the TCMBC pond flooding. But we will be having a race at a special place on Sunday. I say we rename it the MN IA showdown.

This all started last year. When the Iowa'ns came up for the MN championships. While the weather was not perfect for racing. Great racers and friends made the best of it. Battling the cold and rain, the Iowa crew came with there game hat on and took some hardware home with them.

The Iowa clan minus Marty are sneaking across the boarder in the morning to challenge the racers of MN once again. I think this might just turn into a yearly border battle race. :D What do you say boy's!

Last edited by a moderator:
lol. I wasnt part of it last year, but hope to atleast be competitive.... Sounds like a plan!!

What time will the royal rumble start or end for that matter? If it runs late enough I would like to be the guy in the stands pickin on the Iowa boys:) just kiding but if work gets out soon enough I would come watch!!!

maybe next year i can go.. gotta get more hydro's there.. aka larry and we need to get RICHARD D out of the box and run with us lol.

chris

maybe next year i can go.. gotta get more hydro's there.. aka larry and we need to get RICHARD D out of the box and run with us lol.

chris

Tell you what Chris. You send me up one of your old beat up personal hulls :D and I will put one on the water next year for when you come up. Or make your self a .12 Blackbird and race with the largest fleet of A hydro's in the county.

What time will the royal rumble start or end for that matter? If it runs late enough I would like to be the guy in the stands pickin on the Iowa boys:) just kiding but if work gets out soon enough I would come watch!!!

The battle begins Sunday around 9:30 and should last until at least 4pm. Come on out Kevin and support the Northern team. We can use all the help we can get. Them Iowa guy's are FAST!

Hello Chris, i think i will just be Larry Conrads pit man from now on. I think my .20 hydro racing is a thing of the past. But i still love to test. The last time i talked to your dad, he mentioned i shold sell some of my boats and motors, and buy one of your new birds. hmmmmm. Hope to meet up with you and your dad at Hobart next year. Richard D

We're sneakin across....( there's holes in the border fencing we know about.... and it is.... to keep them in... ) it should be fun... 1st time hydro racer throwin one out..... maybe we'll put him in with the 12's

Naw. I know what antenna shake is..... "Ya gotta get right in there"......

Dont know where that fast thing came from.... its been a year.... hopefully i'm a little faster...... if not, all them test days for naught......

It's snot too late! I can throw something faster in the truck, perhaps...... aint gonna be right without LC, and Marty.

At best, we can keep Slater racing hulls on top again.

Bringin it. aaaaaand..... hey,whats up with football in your state, anyway?....... good racing, where its at. Mike

Mark... please inform your wife to run like hell, we left Larry's place in disrepair last year.... well, maybe a little.....

Those aren't holes in the fence, they're entrances to the trap! Don't forget your marshmallows.

Hello Chris, i think i will just be Larry Conrads pit man from now on. I think my .20 hydro racing is a thing of the past. But i still love to test. The last time i talked to your dad, he mentioned i shold sell some of my boats and motors, and buy one of your new birds. hmmmmm. Hope to meet up with you and your dad at Hobart next year. Richard D

ahh common richard.. testing is only so much fun.. gotta get out and race them things lol.

the new bird is good really good.. i was gonna try to get up there so you could check it out. but i am gonna go testing sunday instead.. got some NEW stuff to try.

chris

TCMBC hardware to Iowa? You know it :D :D

Attachments

• IMG_20101010_163808.jpg
    IMG_20101010_163808.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20101010_163817.jpg
    IMG_20101010_163817.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
it was a blast. went really good. team Iowa brought home some MN hardware. great racing all around. I have to thank the entire club, but especially mark Leyde for letting us crash there, and big lc for keyboard racing me to the pond. great great time!!!

Some of the BEST racing all year. The Iowa boys are a great group. Rodney Team Leyde wants the shim back now that you beat me in sport 20 :D . Are whole club ( TCMBC ) had a blast with you boys today!

It was the most fun I had at a race all year! The B sport hydro class was rush, even for the spectators. Fun was had by all that was at today's race's.

Thank you to the Iowa crew for making the trip up to race with us. It was a great way to end the season. We hope that you guy's get a club going down near your home. There is already an interest from a bunch of us Minnesota racer's that would love to come down to Iowa and clam some hardware.

PS. It was the front bearing that went out on my NR OB. Not one of them dam Chines cranks. In side joke. Only the Iowa crew knows what I am talking about.

Mark

Some of the BEST racing all year. The Iowa boys are a great group. Rodney Team Leyde wants the shim back now that you beat me in sport 20 :D . Are whole club ( TCMBC ) had a blast with you boys today!

How the hell did we let him leave town with that secret head shim. ;) :D JK Rodney

Hey Tim, He beat you with a "Chines engine" I know I know, your engine and setup guy is not doing his part again. :rolleyes:

HAHAHA. Tims boat runs good. I had the "GO GO GADGET" boat powered with rocket fuel today. And that head shim, has been destroyed, no top secret's being let out. LOL, i thought about packing it up and mailing it back. :lol: :lol: :lol:

And I heard it was the bearing, thats good man! Must mean they are upping the quality standard in "chine"

Latest posts

Back