JAE Gas boat 70mph video

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geraghty

This video was taken Sat 3-13 during the test session in Huntsville...

The boat is the prototype JAE gas boat with a "box stock" RCMK rear exhaust motor....[the motor is turning 16,600 rpm]

The only smooth water was right in front of the drivers stand....this video does not do justice as to how rough the water was during this test run.

The wind was blowing across the course from the drivers backs...That is why the water is smoother right in front of the drivers stand....

the boat isn't hopping,it is being "launched" off the tops of the rollers....

We are pleased to say the new JAE gas boat does absolutely nothing stupid in any water conditions.... ;)

This run was with a Voodoo 7520 prop......We have several 3" plus diameter props coming to try and all indications are that 75mph

will be attainable with this JAE/"box stock" RCMK combo.....[we haven't even set the head clearance in this motor yet]

We have another gas boat prototype in construction and the same tests will be run with a "box stock" 260 Zenoah....

Note:Once again,the only adjustments required on this boat are prop selection,pipe length and needle valve....

Last edited by a moderator:
I am really excited to hear of this project- as, to me, a gas outrigger is the ultimate fun playtoy- and the whole JAE concept has really won my heart over. I'm just getting back into boating after about a 35 year layoff. Gas engines in modelling didn't exist back then. I am currently building a .21 JAE to get back into it- but THIS sounds like something I definitely want to get when it becomes available!

I can't wait to watch the video (I can't watch it here at work) :-(

I am really excited to hear of this project- as, to me, a gas outrigger is the ultimate fun playtoy- and the whole JAE concept has really won my heart over. I'm just getting back into boating after about a 35 year layoff. Gas engines in modelling didn't exist back then. I am currently building a .21 JAE to get back into it- but THIS sounds like something I definitely want to get when it becomes available!

I can't wait to watch the video (I can't watch it here at work :-(

Cool.....glad to have you back..... ;)

It is my understanding that this gas boat is based upon the JAE 90-1.01, which it has been stated there are no plans to kit this boat (the 90-1.01)... what about the gas version??? Are there plans to kit this boat (I HOPE!) ?? Or should I start planning on a scratchbuild from the plans?? ;)

Thanks! Seems to be a great and exciting time to do so, what with interference-free FAAAST radio technology, gas engines- and JAE hulls!

It is my understanding that this gas boat is based upon the JAE 90-1.01, which it has been stated there are no plans to kit this boat (the 90-1.01)... what about the gas version??? Are there plans to kit this boat (I HOPE!) ?? Or should I start planning on a scratchbuild from the plans?? ;)
Zippkits will be releasing the kit for sale in the very near future....there will be no release of the gas boat plans prior to the introduction of the kit by Zippkits....

Zippkits will be releasing the kit for sale in the very near future....there will be no release of the gas boat plans prior to the introduction of the kit bt Zippkits....
With Zippkits offering kits for the gas JAE, who needs plans! :) Their kits are top notch!

"With Zippkits offering kits for the gas JAE, who needs plans! Their kits are top notch!"

I agree... which is why I was hoping they'd be kitting this boat!

Zippkits will be releasing the kit for sale in the very near future....there will be no release of the gas boat plans prior to the introduction of the kit by Zippkits....
hi rod, what is the reason that zipkits is not making a 90/101 kit,but there are going to make a gas boat? thanks,mike.

hi rod, what is the reason that zipkits is not making a 90/101 kit,but there are going to make a gas boat? thanks,mike.
My guess is not enough demand. I asked Joe about a .45 kit and they are already way busy with their current line of kits. You can get electric motors cheap, along with .12, .21, and gas engines, but not large displacement nitro engines. Just my thoughts, i can't speak for Joe.

Another thought, what if you put a CMB 101 in a gas kit? How would it perform?

Another thought, what if you put a CMB 101 in a gas kit? How would it perform?
i would wait to see what joe or rod has to say about motor swap. i know they are very adiment about how to set up this hull.

Back