Zipp 30" tunnel update

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Joe is awesome!

So probably silly question, but I’m going to start the rebuild of the tub… what glue do you like to use? I know the ton options, I used flex ca the first go, but club member that also built his G30 used tile bond III and thinking going that route.

yep.. Joe is top notch!

A good flat table and a set of 1,2,3 blocks and she will be dead straight!

Grim

Joe is awesome!

So probably silly question, but I’m going to start the rebuild of the tub… what glue do you like to use? I know the ton options, I used flex ca the first go, but club member that also built his G30 used tile bond III and thinking going that route.

I personally would use West Systems G Flex and also West Systems 105 epoxy with 207 special hardener.

So why epoxy over tile bond for wood to wood? I’m genuinely asking.
I have never used it. So I would never recommend it :)

CA for tacking
Epoxy for glueing

The most important part here is that you want a glue that is waterproof. It is inevitable that water will get in one day...if it is not waterproof, then all your hardwork will be undone pretty quickly.

Tack it together with CA, then seal the inside up with laminating epoxy. The thin epoxy resin will soak into the joints. I seal the inside and put the deck on in one step. For gluing the deck on, I thicken the laminating epoxy with cabolsil so it stays in place. I have boats that have been raced hard for many years built this way.

Tack it together with CA, then seal the inside up with laminating epoxy. The thin epoxy resin will soak into the joints. I seal the inside and put the deck on in one step. For gluing the deck on, I thicken the laminating epoxy with cabolsil so it stays in place. I have boats that have been raced hard for many years built this way.
Hello Mark, what happened to or where can I find your step by step posting of the G30 build? I remember seeing it a while back where u talk about using Gorilla glue to bond up the sponsons. Please advise. Thanks, John.

Back