RTR Class

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Gibson

Supporting Member
Because ive been a good boy (sorta) this year, santa is SUPPOSED to bring me an aquacraft U-18 miss vegas rtr hydro for christmas!! I intend to try to race this thing in namba dist 3 races...I race other classes, but the idea of goin racin for around 300.dollars just sounds like fun to me! I did have a coupla questions for folks who run this class....first in the event of a frquency conflict, what crystals will work with these radios?? Most of my radio stuff is Futaba....also what kind of mods if any are being done to these boats for strength, dependability,and/or performance?? any advice or info would be greatly appreciated...Thanks, Bill

Because ive been a good boy (sorta) this year, santa is SUPPOSED to bring me an aquacraft U-18 miss vegas rtr hydro for christmas!! I intend to try to race this thing in namba dist 3 races...I race other classes, but the idea of goin racin for around 300.dollars just sounds like fun to me! I did have a coupla questions for folks who run this class....first in the event of a frquency conflict, what crystals will work with these radios?? Most of my radio stuff is Futaba....also what kind of mods if any are being done to these boats for strength, dependability,and/or performance?? any advice or info would be greatly appreciated...Thanks, Bill
Note that the transmitter is AM, so you'll need AM Futaba crystals. Rather than mess with this, the fhe first thing I did was to swap out the receiver with an FM one that goes with my regular transmitter. This way I stay with just one transmitter. There is a long thread on RC Universe that has many tips on things to do to improve durability and performance: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_4361937/tm.htm . If you do a search here you'll also find some threads. Before you make too many changes, see what your club/district allows for modifications.

D3 has quite a bit of RTR racers. Check out their site . In 2008 RTR Hydro will be part of their High Points Series.

http://www.namba3.net/

There is also another informational site that is solely setup for RTRs. View sig.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know that there were proposed rules here somewhere for the namba district 3 RTR class.....I just cant find em!!!..soooo, i was wonderin if anyone knows if you have to race the miss vegas with the wing on it, or can it be removed??Also are the engines supposed to be stock or can they be modified?? id rather keep em stock, but oh well...its only money!! ha ha! Thanks, Bill

Bill you can run without a wing and from what i am hearing they supose to start a stock and mod class since there is so many in the district. Get a hold of Ron Ratoff he has all the rules on the rtr. Robert

LUCKY YOU....Santa I hope brings you the best RTR out there.
The sport of RTR has grow alot since it''s start and you will find alot of information on different forums across the web. I have posted the link I think will do you best for learning the boat you may get. Matter of fact there are 7 Vegas' in the RTR build off contest, having just about everything done to them. Pretty cool.

Hope to see you on the track.

Get More Familiar With Your RTR "CLICK HERE"
AND I WANT TO MAKE ONE SUGGESTION ..... DO NOT BUY PARTS FROM THIS JERK THAT POSTED HERE.. TWISTED LIQUID ... OR WHATEVER THEY THINK THEY ARE.. THE WEBSITE IS DOWN AND HE IS ON THE RUN, HE HAS RIPPED OFF HIS LAST PERSON. JAMES YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO GO ANYWHERE AND NOT SEE ME.. I SUGGEST YOU TO REFUND MY MONEY ALL OF IT OR IT WILL BE ON PAL. EVERONE KNOWS WHO YOU ARE AND I WILL BE POSTING THE INFO I HAVE ON YOU AND YOU WILL BE SCREWED PAL. THIS IS FOR ALL THE PEOPLE YOU SCREWED OUT OF MONEY ON THE INTERNET . YOU ENJOY LOOKING OVER YOUR SHOULDER AND HAVE A GREAT DAY JAMES.. ENJOY THE 1250.00 YOU ARE TRYING TO SCREW ME OUT OF.. AND I WILL BE GETTING IT BACK. DO NOT TRUST THIS SO CALLED PERSON OR DO BUSINESS WITH HIM .. HE WILL SCREW YOU.

LUCKY YOU....Santa I hope brings you the best RTR out there.
The sport of RTR has grow alot since it''s start and you will find alot of information on different forums across the web. I have posted the link I think will do you best for learning the boat you may get. Matter of fact there are 7 Vegas' in the RTR build off contest, having just about everything done to them. Pretty cool.

Hope to see you on the track.

Get More Familiar With Your RTR "CLICK HERE"
AND I WANT TO MAKE ONE SUGGESTION ..... DO NOT BUY PARTS FROM THIS JERK THAT POSTED HERE.. TWISTED LIQUID ... OR WHATEVER THEY THINK THEY ARE.. THE WEBSITE IS DOWN AND HE IS ON THE RUN, HE HAS RIPPED OFF HIS LAST PERSON. JAMES YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO GO ANYWHERE AND NOT SEE ME.. I SUGGEST YOU TO REFUND MY MONEY ALL OF IT OR IT WILL BE ON PAL. EVERONE KNOWS WHO YOU ARE AND I WILL BE POSTING THE INFO I HAVE ON YOU AND YOU WILL BE SCREWED PAL. THIS IS FOR ALL THE PEOPLE YOU SCREWED OUT OF MONEY ON THE INTERNET . YOU ENJOY LOOKING OVER YOUR SHOULDER AND HAVE A GREAT DAY JAMES.. ENJOY THE 1250.00 YOU ARE TRYING TO SCREW ME OUT OF.. AND I WILL BE GETTING IT BACK. DO NOT TRUST THIS SO CALLED PERSON OR DO BUSINESS WITH HIM .. HE WILL SCREW YOU.

in deed he has been banned from intlwaters.... bad news!

Has the business folded also Tom or where you just done with the B/S ??

Not that I really care, just wondering how that plays out with the rest of the supposed ventures he was leading ??

Andy

dont know about his business...only that he is no longer welcome on iwaters

There's NO ROOM for THIS KIND

P>S> Terminator, POS IT DUDE!. ITs the only CURE for trash like this!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
i have heard absolutely nothing good..... all stories, wasn't there myself, so i won't repeat anything. just nothing good from ANY source .......

The "twisted" website is still up and running with lots of stuff for sale. As with all internet-based businesses - be careful about who you play with.

BTW - Tom M - If he is banned from IW - how did he post that message?

>Thom

I know that there were proposed rules here somewhere for the namba district 3 RTR class.....I just cant find em!!!..soooo, i was wonderin if anyone knows if you have to race the miss vegas with the wing on it, or can it be removed??Also are the engines supposed to be stock or can they be modified?? id rather keep em stock, but oh well...its only money!! ha ha! Thanks, Bill

Copied from NAMBA #3 website.

Rules for District 3's New Modified RTR Nitro Class

All RTR's from all manufacturers will run together as long as engine displacement does not exceed the .18 size.

-Modified class permits replacement of the engine with an alternate stock engine, or modification of the original engine, but the displacement cannot exceed .18 displacement.

-Any transmitter may be used but 3rd channel mixture adjustment not allowed

-Hull modifications are allowed but the hull must remain "stock appearing". Wings can be removed, and extra wings may be added. Riding surfaces can be sharpened and cleaned up, but the dimensions must remain as they were on the stock hull.

-Turn fin, rudder, strut, and prop may be changed to aftermarket.

-Fuel tank may be changed and relocated.

-Radio box may be changed and relocated.

-Engine starting belt may be added.

-Engine pull start may be removed.

Does this mean we are not going to see him at the Tunnel race?
Mike Z

Do you see him (James Barringer) listed on the website among the contestants entered for the race? Everyone that has entered and has been accepted is listed on the website. I have heard nothing from him to date.

Copied from NAMBA #3 website.

Rules for District 3's New Modified RTR Nitro Class

All RTR's from all manufacturers will run together as long as engine displacement does not exceed the .18 size.

-Modified class permits replacement of the engine with an alternate stock engine, or modification of the original engine, but the displacement cannot exceed .18 displacement.

-Any transmitter may be used but 3rd channel mixture adjustment not allowed

-Hull modifications are allowed but the hull must remain "stock appearing". Wings can be removed, and extra wings may be added. Riding surfaces can be sharpened and cleaned up, but the dimensions must remain as they were on the stock hull.

-Turn fin, rudder, strut, and prop may be changed to aftermarket.

-Fuel tank may be changed and relocated.

-Radio box may be changed and relocated.

-Engine starting belt may be added.

-Engine pull start may be removed.
Thanks very much for the info, Big Slick and everybody else, now i will be able to screw up a perfectly good boat!!..Bill

Latest posts

Back