AquaCraft Paint touch up needed

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlyinFinn

I've got a white topspeed II and a red Miss Vegas that both need some areas painted due to damage repairs that needed to be made. What piant does Aquacraft use? I've heard that epoxies can be use, but where do I find some? Is there a good website source to order some paint? Help, I've got to get them back on the water! :(

You'll have to bug Russ about this as you're not the first one in need of some touch-up paint for their boats. He was going to see about getting some.

You'll have to bug Russ about this as you're not the first one in need of some touch-up paint for their boats. He was going to see about getting some.
Thanks Ron. Well, What about it Russ? At least tell us what the base paint is so we can match the base (i.e., epoxy, urethane, ...). Ideally, some touch-up paint would be a great product support item. Russ, where are youUUUUUU.......Russsssssssssssssss!!!!! :huh:

I don't know if Russ is around right now. I do know that Grimmie and JD are headed to a big RC show in Vegas right now but I don't know if Russ went.

I've got a white topspeed II and a red Miss Vegas that both need some areas painted due to damage repairs that needed to be made. What piant does Aquacraft use? I've heard that epoxies can be use, but where do I find some? Is there a good website source to order some paint? Help, I've got to get them back on the water! :(
Here I go answering my own questions again with a little more research. I found the Pantone numbers listed on the Tower Hobbies website under the description for the Miss Vegas replacement cowl:

Matching colors: Red, Pantone 185

Blue (reflex blue)

Yellow, Pantone 108

Orange, Pantone 021c

Green, Pantone 354

I don't know why they listed green or blue, but here ya' go. So, perhaps this sheds a little light on the subject, but what kind of paint is it? Epoxy, urethane, South American rainforest dye? ;) Seriously, let's get something going here, or am I just going to have to do a repaint of my whole boat? :blink:

The green and blue are colors used on other hulls like the Super-Vee's. I don't know why they were thrown in with the Vegas and TS 2.

Latest posts

Back