My new .12 rigger

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeP

Continued from the "need input on .12 rigger ideas" I started building my .12 rigger. Bigger, lighter, faster?

-MikeP

for sure mike gets the skinniest tub award ;D

what's the black stuff your using?

There are a few bugs to work out with the skinny tub, but it's a lot lighter that way.

The black stuff is graphite plate, really hard, stiff, expensive stuff from old pan car chassis.

-MikeP

The sponsons look like a modified hammer-cut that just continues all the way to the front. I could be wrong though.

That's what they look like to me and the running surface looks wide and flat.

I think Mike is making a silhouette controll line boat. Engine on it's side,

radio gear and stuffing tube taped to the side! ;D ;D ;D

Don

I figured it out, if I space out the tub sides I can inclose the radio in a sealed compartment.

"WOW" Mike,

I always knew you were a really smart guy but spacing out the tub sides is brilliant! ;D

Seriously though, I really like what I see so far. You'r building technique and motor mount idea look to make a very very light but strong boat.

Looking good,

Don ;)

Clay,

That is a bell mouth ring I read about on another forum, then I found it to be a good place to drill a hole for a cable and use the slide carb. I got a couple of these carbs for 25 bucks and really wanted to use them.

-MikeP

Latest posts

Back