My new .12 rigger

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike, you beat me to it! I wanted to try this on a HH .12 kit! I was talking to Dan Koker from the Ford MBC Saturday at the Mi. cup race about this very thing. He said that John Finch was still working on his design trying to get the bugs out of it. John finally had to add a small sponson on the right side to get his to turn. I'll wait to see how yours turns out before I try it.

Boy Mike,

You've really got you're thinking cap on with this one. Really a bunch of great ideas. Looks like you're mounting the rudder on the left side but what is that other cable laying in the boat? Also, what size flex and what kind of bearings?

Don :eek:

These .12 are just too much fun.

The other tube is for the antenna, I put the rudder on the left side because small light controll rods pull better than they push.

The flex cable is .130 with standard brass bearing.

-MikeP

Yes the whole antenna is inside the hull.

Here is a picture of the completed hull. I need to find something else for the tank and radio box covers, the lexan I have on there now is .5 oz. I am not sure what to do there. Any Ideas?

As it is in the picture it's 12.2 oz.

Total weight is 1 lb. 11 oz. (1 oz over my goal)

Hull length is 28" plus 1.5" to the drive dog.

-MikeP

P.S. I save post 500 for the completed picture.

These sponge sanders by 3M work great for sanding, they help to keep from sanding through the top layer of plywood. They realy work nice inside the hull and in between epoxy coats. This is the first time I have used one.

-MikeP

Back