TS2 kibbles and bits

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eekern

as popular as the TS2 is becoming i thought we should have thread for people to input their experiences and advice for running it. anything TS2 related goes

as popular as the TS2 is becoming i thought we should have thread for people to input their experiences and advice for running it. anything TS2 related goes
Well it was a good bang for the buck. The only problems I had were that the paint had a lot of imperfections (fish eyes), and the hull cracked right were the deck met the sponsons in the front. I was able to fix both. It really wasn't worth the time to send it back like Hobbico wanted me to.

-TS

Yes a thread on the TS2 is a good idea.

Great boat, but they do crack. But for the price when it is unrepairable you can just buy a new one.

Nice boat. Seems as though the red hulls have finish issues. My red hull had orange peel very bad and some parts of the hull the gel coat never really cured(plastic was stuck to it-peeled the paint taking out of packaging. Just sen t back and got a yellow one at my LHS. Runs good -not to worried about crunching it because of the price. Todd Orlando FL

i am building a white one that i recieved about 3 weeks ago from tower....finish is very nice on mine

Hi Guys,

I m very happy with mine, sure it's not a lynx, but it's a good club race boat.

Pics arfe in my gallery. No cracks as yet thanks to the work of Greg Mortlock (gmorty) we spent a lot of time adding strengthening fillets at various stress points. .

1. where deck joins sponsons at front
  2. transom
  3. radio box
Did not use any of the components that were supplied in the kit though. Added grimracer tank, 440 steering rods, aeromarine seals and aerial mount, sullivan cables.

Pretty good boat now......touch wood

Recieved mine a few weeks ago from Tower. Bright Orange. Good paint and such. will probably do the same thing as far as fillets go. Will be using CMB 21RS for power and the new 21HP pipe. Getting cold here in teh DC area now a days. wont be doing any boating for a few months .

carl

I don't know why everyone compares the TS2 to the Lynx. You can buy three TS2 boats for the price of one Lynx. As far as performance goes,the top finishing TS2 at the IMPBA Internats was fifth place. The highest finishing Lynx was seventh I believe. I will be running a TS2 in some events this next year.

yeah well, my psychic, Clio, said the ts2 will take top honors in Il next year, but she said it would be in d mono. go figure.

anybody hate thoughs threaded inserts included in the kit? seems the tabs for the flat tip break off when any torque is applied. somewhere i saw threaded inserts that use a hex wrench. anyone know who makes those?

yeah well, my psychic, Clio, said the ts2 will take top honors in Il next year, but she said it would be in d mono. go figure.

anybody hate thoughs threaded inserts included in the kit? seems the tabs for the flat tip break off when any torque is applied. somewhere i saw threaded inserts that use a hex wrench. anyone know who makes those?
Yes, mine broke too. Had to put a nut on the mounting bolt and run them in that way. After they came loose in the wood a couple of times I put a little J B Weld on the inserts and hole in the wood and screwed them in, have not come loose any more .

Yes, mine broke too. Had to put a nut on the mounting bolt and run them in that way. After they came loose in the wood a couple of times I put a little J B Weld on the inserts and hole in the wood and screwed them in, have not come loose any more .
There were several problems with the thread inserts. Ya they sucked first of all. And secondly the original instructions that came with the kit told you to pre drill the hole too large. I go the updated instructions after I figured out how to fix it with larger inserts and ran the boat for a couple of weeks. None the less, I still love the boat for how little I have into in.

-TS

Keep the info coming. I got one for my 11 yr old to start him in racing. I have a os 3.5 for power. It is a Christmas present so I haven't touched it yet. I would appreciate any building tips and quirks. I saw a few race at district races and they seem to perform well.

Last edited by a moderator:

There were several problems with the thread inserts. Ya they sucked first of all. And secondly the original instructions that came with the kit told you to pre drill the hole too large. I go the updated instructions after I figured out how to fix it with larger inserts and ran the boat for a couple of weeks. None the less, I still love the boat for how little I have into in.

-TS
I've built two so far and found the best way to place the inserts is to use a 1/4" length hex bolt to drive it in. Let it set for just a bit and take the hex bolt out.

Anybody having problem with the fuel tank leaks ?

I have two friends that have developed leaks. This is the original Great Planes Tank # GPMQ4103. I believe AquaCraft have changed the tanks in the newer shipments.

This is what Tower Hobbies says about the Great Planes Tank # GPMQ4103 tank:

COMMENTS: Will require medium fuel tubing and assembly.

Now includes stopper that works with gasoline. You'll need to buy

gas-resistant fuel tubing (like AERQ2120) to use instead of tubing

that comes with tank.

Tanks are designed primarliy for glow fuel, but the tank,rubber

stopper, nylon fittings and klunk are suitable for use with gas,

However, the silicone tubing supplied with the klunk is NOT. If

they replace that tubing with a gasoline compatible tubing, it

will be acceptable. Is recommended to completely empty at the end

of each flying session and not used for storage of gasoline. Also,

they should be checked for leaks and possible deterioration once a

month and replaced annually.

Were the first ones shipped with poor or wrong tanks ?

Anybody having problem with the fuel tank leaks ?

I have two friends that have developed leaks. This is the original Great Planes Tank # GPMQ4103. I believe AquaCraft have changed the tanks in the newer shipments.

This is what Tower Hobbies says about the Great Planes Tank # GPMQ4103 tank:

COMMENTS: Will require medium fuel tubing and assembly.

Now includes stopper that works with gasoline. You'll need to buy

gas-resistant fuel tubing (like AERQ2120) to use instead of tubing

that comes with tank.

Tanks are designed primarliy for glow fuel, but the tank,rubber

stopper, nylon fittings and klunk are suitable for use with gas,

However, the silicone tubing supplied with the klunk is NOT. If

they replace that tubing with a gasoline compatible tubing, it

will be acceptable. Is recommended to completely empty at the end

of each flying session and not used for storage of gasoline. Also,

they should be checked for leaks and possible deterioration once a

month and replaced annually.

Were the first ones shipped with poor or wrong tanks ?
The first shipment included the GPM tank, which has been on the market and used in airplanes forever.

All TS2 shipments proceeding have a different tank which works better in the hull than the GPM airplane tank. With the GPM airplane tank, you pretty much had to use a clunk. With the tank included now, you have a metal tube for the fuel pick-up you can use and bend to reach the bottom of the tank like it should be.....

The tank also fits better and allows the pushrods more clearance between the tank and cowling.

Have fun!

Rw

Back