****2010 Orlando Winter Nats Flier****

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why is there no A Stock Tunnel? There are plenty who would run that class.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why is there no A Stock Tunnel? There are plenty who would run that class.

Bill,

The Stock Tunnel classes have not been run at High Points races for some time now, I believe several years.
That fact has NOT been overlooked by many tunnel heads in district three.

Nor has the fact that we have no outboard director...

Just my .02 cents.
Stock was always a huge class, we lost one class and gas got 5 more........Don't seem fair and balanced....A OPC TUNNEL is always at ALL the other NAMBA national events, how about it gang ?

The stock 20 tunnels, or Sport B Tunnel in IMPBA, are THERE. At the Fall Nats 2 weeks ago we had 3 heats. At the 2009 tunnel champs we had 6 heats. At the 2008 tunnel champs, we had 8 heats. Believe me, the boats are there and many that come to the CMB races are from FLA, Dist 3, NAMBA. Maybe it is time to reconsider offering the class.

Is it time for a "TBM" (tunnel boat mutiny) Be nice if Dist 3 would recognize the fact that tunnels usualy are the largest of nitro classes and a "stock-sport" class would be nice. I know everyone has legal NAMBA motors on their boats. Better make it visual stock per IMPBA rules. Sorry to hijack the Winternats Flyer thread. Maybe we need a separate Florida championship tunnel race?

Mic

20 Stock tunnel had been run for years at the WCRA 1 one day series....but hasnt been offered at the Dist3 2 day races...dont really know why as tunnels have been popular in Dist 3 for a long time...I also remember when 20 stock OB was regarded as a good entry level class...ran in the class myself for years...fun boats!

Not dissing ..but unless conditions are perfect most never finish , they really need good water , tough to come by sometimes in Jan / Feb . I'd like to see them run also . No denying that the gas classes draw big entry numbers all the time though . It is what it is .

Looking forward to the Winternats ..come on Bill Gibson ..it's only three days of the best racing around ...you Can deal with that Eh ?????? :D :D :D

Not dissing ..but unless conditions are perfect most never finish , they really need good water , tough to come by sometimes in Jan / Feb . I'd like to see them run also . No denying that the gas classes draw big entry numbers all the time though . It is what it is .

Looking forward to the Winternats ..come on Bill Gibson ..it's only three days of the best racing around ...you Can deal with that Eh ?????? :D :D :D
Its just not lookin good ol buddy....family, time, money, a house thats fallin apart....I had such a GREAT time at the last one!! If i could just hit the lotto before January!! :D Man the Brandon race sounds like its gonna be CRAZY FUN!! :)

You guys need to get with the new Director, the one reason Sport20 went to way side no one from Tampa or Brandon would travel to the other races.

Not dissing ..but unless conditions are perfect most never finish , they really need good water , tough to come by sometimes in Jan / Feb . I'd like to see them run also . No denying that the gas classes draw big entry numbers all the time though .

HUH! Sounds like it to me. Water is water,racing is racing. One of the oldest and most attended classes, non points class makes it a specialty class. I won at Speedworld in'97 when you had to know how to drive to survive. Guess they don't need twin rigger, don't remember last time there were 20 of those at a race Tom.

Not dissing ..but unless conditions are perfect most never finish , they really need good water , tough to come by sometimes in Jan / Feb . I'd like to see them run also . No denying that the gas classes draw big entry numbers all the time though .

HUH! Sounds like it to me. Water is water,racing is racing. One of the oldest and most attended classes, non points class makes it a specialty class. I won at Speedworld in'97 when you had to know how to drive to survive. Guess they don't need twin rigger, don't remember last time there were 20 of those at a race Tom.
I knew that didn't sound right !!! Not dissing as I said ..I want them to run !!! I know I can't drive them ...never had one !!What's the hot setup for a stocker these days ? Might have to give it a try !

I knew that didn't sound right !!! Not dissing as I said ..I want them to run !!! I know I can't drive them ...never had one !!What's the hot setup for a stocker these days ? Might have to give it a try !
Its not what you say...its how you say it!! :p I would hate to have to pull you out of the Brandon pond after all the tunnel folks tossed yer butt in that COLD water! :lol: :lol:

Bill .....I like the tunnels !!! What is the hot setup anyway Hull, Motor, prop combo ...might have to try it ! :D Running 6 boats at the Winternats already , don't know if I can run another !!

Last hijack here just consider it a bump. Will start an OB discussion where it belongs. One thing is if the Winternats will consider adding an "A stock/sport" tunnel class I will offer to sponsor the class. Understand if its too late but there is interest.

Mic

Last hijack here just consider it a bump. Will start an OB discussion where it belongs. One thing is if the Winternats will consider adding an "A stock/sport" tunnel class I will offer to sponsor the class. Understand if its too late but there is interest.

Mic
Alright guys....Here's the deal. If I receive 6 paid entries (write it in on the entry form) and class sponsor for "A" Stock/Sport Tunnel postmarked no later then October 31, 2009 we will add the class to the 2010 Winter Nats. Just to let you guys know, I have been involved in setting up this race for the last 3-4 years and this is the first time that I can remember this class being brought up. IF it has a good turnout it will be offered at future races.

Wayne,

I'll get the class sponsorship form and funds ASAP. Can also send our family registration with 2 entries also. Could you give an extra week for entries as I am sure 4 more out of the Brandon crew won't be an issue. Guys step up and contact Wayne here as he has graciously opened the door for us.

Mic

Your telling me that we can run stock tunnel IF you get six entries AND a sponsor in a week? It would not be a problem to do, but it's the PRINCIPLE I'm concerned about.

The Winternats aren't till the end of January right?

Are you ready to do the same for Jersey Skiff or Gas Crackerbox? They don't draw a third of what A Stock Tunnel does but they made the flier...

It's no wonder we have to drive to S.C. to race tunnels.

Back