LMRacing Winter Test Session- KEPS T2

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Martin Fields

This was an early run in our winter test session with our KEPS T2's, where I was getting a setup for another Novarossi I was running in. I'll get the link to Phill's AA powered run as well.

Marty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIyFBxtayVk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQMId8kEXe8

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking good Marty which Novarossi you testing
This is a completely standard T21 7M. As soon as my Phantoms arrive I can drop this one straight in there
default_smile.png

Marty,

What propellers were you guys testing in the latest winter testing session?

I think there is something better now.

The boats look good on the water.

Let Me Know Please?

Mark Sholund

What do you think Mark? Can you squeeze a few more mph out of my setup? Your input would be gratefully received

Phill,

For sure!

Lots of new options from ABC.

Try a 1716 with 17 degrees of rake.

I am waiting for a half a dozen to test them out myself.

Thanks For The Video,

Mark

Hey Chris i'll be back out in a couple of weekends time with a new gps reciever so will know speeds then. We weren't gunning that day so not too sure what it was running at.

Mark, i'll be back intouch about the props fro sure. These runs were about trying a reduced head bowl size. And also switched to one of Brian Buass' pipes which is freaking awesome!

Hi guys hope you're all well. I was back out at the lake this morning with my new Hitec Lynx 4s transmitter (which is sweet!) and the ace little Proton 4 GPS reciever. Running the pipe at 8inch (21cm) . Squish at .006, but getting no burn on the head whatsoever. O'donnell 77t plug that's being pulled nicely. GPS shows 1445 3.5cup at 67mph and the 3.9 cup at 68mph.

Phill

IMAG5390.jpg

IMAG5391.jpg

Phill,

The plug shows a lean mixture for sure.

Have you ever thought about introducing more fuel

to the motor? I think an on-board battery and more fuel

would help your starving motor?

Thanks for sharing your test results,

Mark Sholund

One if the things I was a trying to get a hang of on the new transmitter is the way the mixture is adjusted. I couldn't get enough movement, but got that sorted when back home. The plug hadn't pulled that way when we filmed the earlier videos. Also fitted a better exhaust header and rubber, as the current one wanted to pull itself off the engine with this pipe. Will be back out in a month or so and will let you guys know how it's going.

Thanks

Phill

High Compression can pull plug also no burn on piston leads me to think your getting close to a sweet spot.

Ken,

He is not even close yet? That plug is way too lean of a mixture for Great Performance.

You need fuel and air to make power and this plug is showing too much air. Once Phill

richens his mixture and gets a better burn on the extra nitro I think his speeds will increase

and so will his plug and engine life. Not sure why people want to lean out a motor for

better performance? Learning to burn more nitro is the real answer to performance.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

Mark

Im not saying your wrong! Just saying high compression can pull plug.I always thought pulled wire means lean also.After talking to Glen Quarles about head clearance setting on NOVAROSSI.12 most ppl misdiagnosed plug coil pulling.They blaming it on being lean

Just saying

Maybe add some load on the prop an turn on fuel

Ken,

Believe it or not the Pipe has a lot more to do with pulling the plug wire out also.

Head clearance, bowl volume, and pipe settings all play their part in this.

On a 12 motor I would not go any lower than .004" Head Clearance if I was you.

You are correct Ken, more fuel and load will help.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

Martin, nothing wrong with that glow plug! 8 inch pipe and a 1445 on a light running boat your gonna have to lean on the needle a bit or it will just 4 cycle as I'm sure you have seen. If you want more speed get some more prop on it and or shorten the pipe. Both will take advantage of your new head button. If you do either you will want to richen the needle first. Good luck.

Back