Help! I'm scared to build a boat!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Preston_Hall

The other week I found a black snake hanging around the shop. I know they won't hurt you ;) but I don't care. The other day my neighbor went in the shop and went to grab an air nozzle off the tool box when a "brown" snake gained his attention by showing off his fangs :eek: . Copperhead, corn snake, or moccasin I don't car I want them all gone! I put down sulfur and moth balls. Got any other ideas? I thought about getting a wild cat and locking him up in there. :(

BB gun... if you do this please put on a set of safety glasses.. you know what could happen...

[SIZE=14pt]You could shoot your eye out.. [/SIZE] :D

Grimtheonegoodeyeracer

LMAO :D :D :D :D

What ever way you rid your shop of the snake, becarefull.

get a bat and beat the hell out of it.

In south Louisiana there isn't a snake around that has lived after they have seen a brush hook or a shovel... :blink:

Change the Crapshooter for a Mongoose.
:D :D :D

just nuke the whole place ?
I agree. Maybe a match. Match = insurance$$ ???? Hmmmmmmmm.

In south Louisiana there isn't a snake around that has lived after they have seen a brush hook or a shovel...
I haven't seen a shovel or brush hook long enough yet. :lol:

Move up north.. all we have SKEETERS.. and COWS..
I could maybe give you a run on the skeeters.

BB guns can be fun at times like that
If I could find him, he'd get a shotgun. Well as long as he wasn't near anything important.

I'm so paranoid that I look to make sure he isn't sitting on the light switch before I turn it on. And then the shelves next to the switch. Then the tool box, then the counter, then the air compressor, then is he hanging from the loft, then...............well you get the picture.

Last edited by a moderator:
Preston-

The reason the snakes are there is because there is food, otherwise known as mice. Get rid of the mice & you get rid of the snakes. BTW- the black snake is a good snake but if this "brown" one you speak of had actual "fangs" that you could see then that's a poisonous one whichever it was. There is a simple rule in this area, if it's head transitions fairly smoothly into the body, like a black snake, garter snake etc. then it's non venomous. It the head is triangular like a water moccasion or copperhead then that is definitely bad news & don't F#*& with it. Typical non venomous snakes are usually more afraid of you than you are of them but the poisonous ones tend to be aggressive which leads me to believe the one that bared it's fangs is one to keep away from. :eek:

P.S- cats won't generally mess with a snake like a dog will. Just get some mouse poison & the problem should go away.

.......and I don't think KP takes too well to snakes either! :p

:p :p :p Change the Crapshooter for a Mongoose :p :p :p

Now thats funny !!

Heres an idea: Get a big Rat trap and a long narrow box, say 4" X 4" square and a foot or so long. And a few feeder mice from local pet store.

place mouse in end of box in somekind of homemade screen cage, place rat trap at end of box at the open end, Glue on a strip of wood across trip paddle of trap to make area of tripper as wide as possable.

as snake go's into end of box to get mouse, it will go past and over the trip paddle of trap. If lucky and trap set real light you will catch him up in the trap.

:rolleyes: Scott

".........And a few feeder mice from local pet store."

Snakes can smell out mice from quite far away, that's most likely what brought them to the shed in the first place. I'd think more mice smell would draw more snakes. :blink: :blink: :blink:

Just think yourself lucky you don't live in Aus. We have some real bad snakes down here. Most of the top 10 venomous snakes are from here.

If you find one here you can call the wildlife rescue people and they will come and catch them for you - they use them for making anti-venom.

Back