Off Topic,.. makeing trouble in the neighborhood

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anthony_marquart

I moved to my current home a few months ago... Maybe I"ve caused too much action around here..

On the Fouth of July the cops came and made my and my boys stop the fireworks... yeah,, THe ones I was lighting we not supposed to be used in NC,... legal in SC but not here...

Someone called the police... didn't come ask us to stop or politley voice their concern...

I live in a pretty rual neighborhood but I guess an am within the city limits of concord... The house I bought was foreclosed and needs alot of work.. the yard was a big mess. I have rehabbed the yard, had the city pick up multiple loads of brush,,, really improvng the look of thehome and the neighborhood. Yesterday I had about a short bed pick up load full of brush, not over the bed but to about the top..

I decided to just burn it instead of leaving it at the curb for week till the city came,.. well someone called the fire department...

Funny thing.. the guy comes up,.. we walk to the back of my .5 acre mainly wooded lot.. He looked at the little fire, as big as a small campfire, looked at me, looked to the ground and shook his head. He told me someone had called with a fore emergency.. they came into the neighborhood with the lights and sirens blaring... He said he had to make me put it out since they made the run.. He said they actually couldn't find it.. so they tryed to call the people back and they wouldn't leave a name or a number..

So then my kids and the neighbor kids climbed all over the fire truck and got little fire hats...

Now I understan that I am in the city limits and it is illegal to burn... it's not if you have it elevated some how and not on the ground... this fire would have fit in a large chiminea,...

But someone is just and _ss,.. they could have come and talked to me. I would have been happy to address anyones concerns.. This little trip, in a $400k fire truck.. HAD to cost at least $1000 of our tax money.. plus,.. what if there actually WAS an emergency and someone died because they couldn't get there fast enough becasue they were over here...

People kill me.. I'm being very responsible with it,.. improving the property and the look of the neighborhood.. and this is what we get..

Some of you will probably think I'm out of line and should be ticketed...

SIgned,

New trouble in the neighborhood...

Nowhere near being your neighbor (Indiana), but I am a Fireman and couldn't tell you how many runs I have made for such a reason. Most turn out to be little recreational fires or small fires such as yours. I feel kind of bad making them put the fires out (the ones that are attempting to do it responsibly) but the law is "no open burning in the city limits" so out they go. Occasionally though, there are some idiots that have incredibly large fires unattended, too close to buildings or even under a tree full of dried Fall leaves!

You might want to check with your local FD and see if you can get a burn permit. In my area, these are generally good for one day during a certain time frame, and the fire cannot be over 3 feet high and in a proper burn pit...never left unattended. Even if you get a burn permit it may be nullified by a local "burn ban" which is issued in times of excessively dry weather. The EPA generally issues these...not a good idea to mess with the EPA there can be some rather large fines involved.

LIke you, I can't help but feel that someone might truly need the FD more than we are needed on those little BS runs. Unfortunately, a lot of BS runs are made! I am not sure it cost your local FD $1000 to make that run...I do know that the 56000 pound Quint I work on gets 3 mpg.

Anyway, your neighbors may have been doing you a favor...it could have been your home on fire! But then again, maybe they are just #$%^S!!!

:p

Sounds like you have discovered the Curse of the Covenants. :D Of couse some people can get away with breaking them. If you are new on the block all of the others are real quick to tell on you for the slightest of infractions. My brother lives in a nice rural development. If I lived there they would call the cops on me everyday!

The old guy that lived on one side of him came over to the property line one afternoon to tell him that he had thrown all of the sycamore balls out of his own yard and back into my brothers yard. You see the sycamore tree is about 10 feet on my brothers side of the line and some of the limbs drop the balls into the others guys yard. See, if I lived there, the next day the old guy would have awakened to a dump truck load of them in his yard! Well, realistically a load of those would be hard to find so it would have been a load of manure!!

I moved to my current home a few months ago... Maybe I"ve caused too much action around here..

On the Fouth of July the cops came and made my and my boys stop the fireworks... yeah,, THe ones I was lighting we not supposed to be used in NC,... legal in SC but not here...

Someone called the police... didn't come ask us to stop or politley voice their concern...

I live in a pretty rual neighborhood but I guess an am within the city limits of concord... The house I bought was foreclosed and needs alot of work.. the yard was a big mess. I have rehabbed the yard, had the city pick up multiple loads of brush,,, really improvng the look of thehome and the neighborhood. Yesterday I had about a short bed pick up load full of brush, not over the bed but to about the top..

I decided to just burn it instead of leaving it at the curb for week till the city came,.. well someone called the fire department...

Funny thing.. the guy comes up,.. we walk to the back of my .5 acre mainly wooded lot.. He looked at the little fire, as big as a small campfire, looked at me, looked to the ground and shook his head. He told me someone had called with a fore emergency.. they came into the neighborhood with the lights and sirens blaring... He said he had to make me put it out since they made the run.. He said they actually couldn't find it.. so they tryed to call the people back and they wouldn't leave a name or a number..

So then my kids and the neighbor kids climbed all over the fire truck and got little fire hats...

Now I understan that I am in the city limits and it is illegal to burn... it's not if you have it elevated some how and not on the ground... this fire would have fit in a large chiminea,...

But someone is just and _ss,.. they could have come and talked to me. I would have been happy to address anyones concerns.. This little trip, in a $400k fire truck.. HAD to cost at least $1000 of our tax money.. plus,.. what if there actually WAS an emergency and someone died because they couldn't get there fast enough becasue they were over here...

People kill me.. I'm being very responsible with it,.. improving the property and the look of the neighborhood.. and this is what we get..

Some of you will probably think I'm out of line and should be ticketed...

SIgned,

New trouble in the neighborhood...
think my neighbor is your neighbors brother. called the fire dept twice on me.once for burning a couch in the driveway,and another time for a trash burner .another neighbor called a few weeks ago cause i had a utility parked in the street(legal),but had to move it cause someone complained. put my truck there instead,hah

yes, i hate neighbors like that! You can always find a way to legally drive them crazy.... That would become my NEW full time job at home :) two can play at there game, and they usually dont think about that, until it starts happening. We have a neighbor that always used to complain about any little noise. Every weekend he was pounding on our door about something. Complaining about how he couldnt "read a book in his house with the noise" I kept telling him to turn a TV on, because inside OUR own house, we couldnt hear it over a tv. Well, long story short, the last time he came over, and was spouting out how he shouldnt have to come over here every weekend, I said and I quote "You dont have to keep bringing your old ass over here on my front step every weekend either!" Now, maybe disrespecting my elders a little bit, but this guy was taking it too far. Needless to say, he no longer comes over, talks or waves at me or my wife. And it works out perfect that way!! :D

My neighbors called the cops on my 6 year old and my 9 year old.They were riding the bikes on the (CITY)sidewalk in front of there house.

Madison City Cops told my wife that the kids need to ride there bikes in the street not on the sidewalk. That is just what we need more 6 and 9 year olds on city streets

It happens here in OZ too. We purchased a house that used to be owned by the good govt. and had some feral residents. They trashed it and the yard and we spent a LOT of time and money putting in nice garden and trees etc as well as getting rid of the rubbish left behind. Nice neighbours on all sides except over the road. The @%#$&* over the road would have music flat out all night, wild parties, riding unreg. motorcycles at stupid speed up the street in shorts, t-shirt and thongs etc. No one had the cahones to stand up to the neanderthal so I did one night at 11.00pm. I am 5'6" he is 6'2" and drunk. I won and he left town. Everyone happy but one day I started my old Rossi powered mono up in the pool to tune it. Next thing the cops arrive and the local govt. man saying I was breaching the peace by running a chainsaw in the suburbs. I showed the cop the "chainsaw" and he fell about laughing. He now has a .21 mono and is building a .21 hydro and the nice govt. man has allowed us access to the local lake to race. A nice ending.

I live in Davidson county NC in a an so called "up scale neighborhood" where all the homes are very large custom built brick homes. The law in Davidson County says no animal is allowed to run free & if that animal is a menace or nuisance on your property, you can take whatever action is necessary. This morning I will be at a hearing in the Lexington City Court House to get a no harrassment order against one of my neighbors. To make a long story short, after many complaints about this large boxer dog & the issuance of a nuisance order against this neighbor, one morning she is banging on our front door. She has passed in front of our hoiuse on several occassions shouting "crazy old man, crazy old man" repeatedly in a very loud voice. This morning she can explain it to the Judge. I might be old as dirt, but I AM DEFINITELY NOT CRAZY!

Jim Allen, USMC retired

i'll agree, jim - you're not crazy. a little looney, maybe :rolleyes: :lol: :lol: .......this thread is exactly why i live in the country. i was raised in miami, taught me all i needed to know about too many people on too little real estate. i have lived in rural areas ever since leaving miami in the early 70's. i'm currently leasing 95 acres about 5 miles outside of winchester, va. i have neighbors, very good ones, too. but they're not "right next door", no issues, i can target shoot, hunt, work on cars, run boats or fish in the pond & pee in the front yard if i want to ;) . no more cities for this boy!!! me, the wife, the dogs & the horses love it.

Last edited by a moderator:
hey jimmy,and you thought they were screwed up back in NY! :huh: i am sooooo GLAD i moved out of the city and for that matter the north east! even when i lived in long island most of the folks were ok but ther is always that one DB that has to stick his nose in where it does not belong,namely in my bussiness!

was getting ready to move to SC and still had one of my kenworths in MY DRIVEWAY and it was getting ready to leave in a few days,but this moron that only owned a home (partnership)did not live there had to break my chops.so i nicely went over to say gooodbye to his partner and told him off.

ps,this is why i love SC,even i have folks living an acre away,nobody bothers you about anything,in fact they watch my house for me and ask if they can do anything for me.hey anthony, do not know where you are origanlly from, but back in old school brooklyn, a few dead fish on the front lawn usually fixes

the problem. :ph34r: good luck and screw the nehbors,enjoy your life and new home.mikie. :)

ya never fails,,, there is always a jerk in the crowd....i live perdy much in the sticks,,, but have close nieghbors,,and across the street from me is a condo complex.... well i had one lady that called the cops about everything i did....called several times for nitro cars/trucks,,,and when i fired the heli's up she would cringe... i had a simple answer.... ive been here before those condos were ever built,,,and when i only had one nieghbor to the side of us.... cops came every time she called...but would proceed to watch and converse with me as i played with my toys....she hated that,,and eventually moved.......lol.... i was harrased constantly when i was younger by all these new coming nieghbors,,,thing was,,, i never did anything for them to act like that.........noise,,,, hmmmmmmm its day time,,,, go screw.....now im older people dont complain.....seems they just didnt want a kid to have fun....... one guy came over once and said the dirtbikes goin up through the woods were driving him nuts,,,my father looked at him and said "would you rather i tell my 12 year old kid to ride his dirt bike up the road"...... i remember my father turning red during that one..........lol........ after that the jerk would put framing nails through big chunks of fallen limbs and sticks to take out the tires... i remember replacing tubes like it was my job,,,,again,,,my father caught wind of what he was up to..... the cops were at his house quicker than crap...intentinaly endangering a minor........ he never again messed with me..........

i have tons of these stories,,,, the fact is that its everywhere..........."YOU CANT FIX STUPID"

alden

Up here we blow off fireworks to drown out the gunfire. Aerial fireworks are still illegal in Michigan but the cops don't bother to chase people around before and after the 4th of July. Most of the people in my 'hood put on a better show than what the City does, no kidding! It's about a 45 minute drive to the Indiana state line so people just have to cross the line where there are fireworks and cigaette shops galore.

I'm just inside the city/township line so we can't burn leaves here but can burn wood in one of those patio firepits. On the other side of the line, they don't care, they'll burn stuff along the road. I know that I couldn't live in a gated community though, they're too anal for me.

Up here we blow off fireworks to drown out the gunfire. Aerial fireworks are still illegal in Michigan but the cops don't bother to chase people around before and after the 4th of July. Most of the people in my 'hood put on a better show than what the City does, no kidding! It's about a 45 minute drive to the Indiana state line so people just have to cross the line where there are fireworks and cigaette shops galore.

I'm just inside the city/township line so we can't burn leaves here but can burn wood in one of those patio firepits. On the other side of the line, they don't care, they'll burn stuff along the road. I know that I couldn't live in a gated community though, they're too anal for me.
HA!-Sounds like Rio Linda CA. Went back to work at the airbase after New Years and had to patch a neat 35 cal. hole in the leading edge of KC 135 refueler.

Thanks guys, now I don't feel so bad. Middle of last month, someone on my street called the city complaining about several "UNKEPT" or "TRASH COVERED" yards. As many in the forums know, the wife and I have been away for several weeks over the summer. Needless to say, I got one of the letters about junk vehicles and such with a respond by date of 8/26. A quick call to the city got the director of the applicable office out to my house. He looked around a little and all he said was "You only need to cut the grass around your vehicle parked on the grass". Granted, the grass was up to about mid tire in height, but unlike the neighbor's yard, featuring a former cabin cruiser that was being gutted with a mini excavator along with the associated mess, it wasn't an eyesore. I figure if that person wants to cause a problem, (s)he can go to the city where they will tell him to go to hell for me as the city's official told me there wasn't anything that violated city ordinances with my yard. I wonder what will happen if I fire up one of my nitro motors on the patio table? Will I see a cop at my door within minutes :ph34r:

hey mike, dead fish in the front yard is a ny/nj thing for sure. you're in the south now, try a dead chicken in the mailbox. the cajuns will tell ya all about what it means :eek: ;) !

So i have been living in the same house in Hudson since 1987 , we have two giant Camphor trees one in my yard and one in my Dads yard next door . The wife is blowing off the dock after weed eating and there are some clippings and leaves on the dock . She blows the traces amounts off the dock into the water . The leaves have been dropping in the canal for decades .by themselves ..we get a letter from the county that we have been reported for DUMPING of YARD WASTE into the canal . It was an anonymous call , but my wife said the NEW people across the canal from Wisconsin were right there in their boat when she blew off the dock . Gee ..wonder who called and bitzxed ?? My first reaction was to storm over to the house and call the D bag out but i counted to ten and calmed down and thought i'd just burn a swastika or something in their lawn when they go back to Wisconsin LOL Well i didn't do anything but if the jerk has something to say when he comes back down it will be a different story ...they haven't seen anything yet ...Live and Let Live i say (just don't fork with me )

One payback trick is take some fertlizer and use it to write something that is not nice, on their front lawn. They will have to fertlize the whole lawn to try to hide the writing and then with the extra fertlizer they will have to cut the grass several times a week. :) :) :)

Latest posts

Back