Looks like it can happen to anyone. (off topic)

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carlnoki

This past Thursday morning, I went out and mowed the front lawn of ours and our neighbors (they are gone for a couple weeks). Then headed up to the Giant Super Market for a few things for my daughter and the Mrs. After I got home, ( aprox. 15 min.) guess what?????
I had a fracken HEART ATTACK.................
Yepper, scared the living Frack out of me. If my daughter was not at the house, I would probably not
be posting this to you folks. Took only about 3 min for the EMT's to get to the house. They are just down the road from us.

So, Looks like just about any thing can happen to any one.

Doing ok here, they had to put/install 2 stents on the right side of my heart. 1 was 8mm and the other was 10mm in length.
The folks at the hospital were super.

The surgeon did wanted to know if I wanted a McCoy or Fox plug installed. (he is a model airplane flyer as well/ LOL)

Any way, please watch yourselves, especially us older types out there. You never know when something might happen....................

Carl C

This past Thursday morning, I went out and mowed the front lawn of ours and our neighbors (they are gone for a couple weeks). Then headed up to the Giant Super Market for a few things for my daughter and the Mrs. After I got home, ( aprox. 15 min.) guess what?????
I had a fracken HEART ATTACK.................
Yepper, scared the living Frack out of me. If my daughter was not at the house, I would probably not
be posting this to you folks. Took only about 3 min for the EMT's to get to the house. They are just down the road from us.

So, Looks like just about any thing can happen to any one.

Doing ok here, they had to put/install 2 stents on the right side of my heart. 1 was 8mm and the other was 10mm in length.
The folks at the hospital were super.

The surgeon did wanted to know if I wanted a McCoy or Fox plug installed. (he is a model airplane flyer as well/ LOL)

Any way, please watch yourselves, especially us older types out there. You never know when something might happen....................

Carl C
God can call your name anytime so you should always be ready. Thank God and give you life to Jesus.

Glad your doing well Carl!
I will call you when i get back from New Zealand.

Alex

My dad just had one a few months ago. Complete surprise to everybody. He watches what he eats. Exercises daily and gets regular blood and checkups. One of those widow makers but he luckily survived it.

Tell me about it Glenn

Took me by surprise as well.
Just been a bit pooped this week after the surgery is all.
Have follow up cardio rehab scheduled to start on the 9th.

Thanks Alex. Give a shout when you can

Carl

Glad to read you're on the mend after that bit of a shock. Hopefully this means you will be able to go boating for the rest of the summer.
Most of the people that I knew that passed on did so due to a heart issue. Have one friend right now, in his early 90s, that the wife and I have been watching go down hill since he had a pace maker installed a few years back. Prior to that surgery, he was an energetic person that was almost always the last to go home from any event he went to. He was then diagnosed with an irregular heartbeat(or something similar) and now has a hard time walking across the room. His wife, on the other hand, is still a feisty one that you don't ignore when she talks even though she's in her late 80s/early 90s.

Doing a bit better right now. back to working only 1/2 days until I get back to full strength.
start cardio rehab Tues. at Ft Belvoir Hosp.

Carl

I had a heart attack in 2005 after mowing the yard on a hot day. Already had a stent. Told my wife I would never mow another yard and have kept that promise. I was 59 at the time. You never know what can happen.

did actually mow the lawn this past week.
did one section on thurs the other on friday.
took my time, rested along the way and drank plenty of fluid.

then rested and and the Mrs took us both to lunch then grocery shopping.

Carl

still have to swap out tanks in the 20 mono for our race next month.
Just hope t is not so dang hot then. Seems I am not as tolerant to the hot weather as I used to be.

Carl

Latest posts

Back