T6 Budweiser Laser cut framing kit

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Luszcz

Vendor
Well, I finally got the Bud T6 framing kit in from my laser guy today and quick fitted it. I am EXTREMELY happy with the results. I put about 12 hours into this kit and did a lot of little extras to make this one of the easiest to build complex kits I have! You will see in the pictures the sponson sheer on the port side is 4 layers of 1/16" ply and comes with a template to help get the proper drop down shape like the full size hull. The kit also comes with the upper non trip sheeting that fits right in place, and it incorporates the "toy tabs" to make squaring up the cross members a breeze. Enjoy the pics. Mike, ML Boatworks

DSCF0122.jpg

DSCF0113.jpg

DSCF0114.jpg

DSCF0115.jpg

DSCF0116.jpg

Mike:

That is awesome. Every time you post pictures of new kits the first thing I say is "I want it!" I told myself I need to finish the first kit before I buy another one. :)

Thanks for all the hard work...

Rick

Mike:

That is awesome. Every time you post pictures of new kits the first thing I say is "I want it!" I told myself I need to finish the first kit before I buy another one. :)

Thanks for all the hard work...

Rick
im loving it.. :D

What Phil said! Phil, havn't had time to figure out exactly what I need from you just yet. Talk soon, Mike

Mike,

Your work looks great, nice to see a wood kit go together like a puzzle.

RC boat co, Steve Gualteri will have the wings, cowl, canopy/cockpit and rear deck for that hull.

Take some good pics for the sponson sheathing at the tips when you get them done.

Last edited by a moderator:
Joe, I will do that. My intentions with the front of sponson top sheeting is to do something similar to what Roger did in the front, which is to add a shaped wood block. My main goal for the bottom side, was to give the builder the correct sponson sheer angles all the way to the front to make building a little easier than shaping a block like the original plans have you do. Its a tricky hull no matter how you do it, but this should give the builder a little more to go by. Mike

Mike, do you plan to make a sheeting kit for the T6 hull, Or maybe atleast the sponsons? The rear of hte left sponson seems to have a beak line in hte last frame at the top stringer location; or is it an optical illusion?

Mike, do you plan to make a sheeting kit for the T6 hull, Or maybe atleast the sponsons? The rear of hte left sponson seems to have a beak line in hte last frame at the top stringer location; or is it an optical illusion?
If you look at some shots of the real boat it actually has that strange dip at the trailing edge on that one side.

I would like to see skins for the ride pads more so than the deck. The Oberto has some vents/steps in it that will be tough to get just right. I went to their site but never found any great shots of that. Anybody know where to find some?

Finally got the brains to mail the check for me. "another boat?! How many can you race?" To which I replied "all of them".

Oh, So you did mail off the payment? I will put you on the current cut list then. I am going to try and get that order out this week. Have not heard anything more from Chuck tho.

I do plan to offer a sheeting kit for this boat. I want this to be one of the most finished kits I offer since its such a popular hull, and it makes so many boats. Here is the boat I am making from my T6 framing, The Albert Lee Appliance. So awesome! Mike

AlbertLee.jpg

Got some more done. Now awaiting the T6 cowling and other items. Looking really good so far. This is gonna be a really cool boat! Mike

DSCF0155.jpg

DSCF0156.jpg

DSCF0157.jpg

DSCF0158.jpg

DSCF0159.jpg

DSCF0160.jpg

Back