NEW ProBoat Stiletto FE OPC Tunnel

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darin Jordan

Just announced this morning, ProBoat has a new FE OPC Tunnel on the way. Suppose to be "in stores" around the end of June.

Features a pretty sweet new FE outboard that uses standard K&B sized flex and stubs. Also has increased prop clearance on the cav plate and a rock-solid mounting system.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=PRB4000BD

Here is a video: http://www.horizonhobby.com/ProdInfo/Files/PRB4000BD_hi.wmv

PRB4000BD-450.jpg

PRB4000BD_Gal1.jpg

PRB4000BD_Gal2.jpg

PRB4000BD_Gal3.jpg

PRB4000BD_Gal9.jpg

Hey Darin,

Is that a similar design to the Leecraft you have ;)

Look good and it is awsome to see a RTR outboard!!!!!!!!

Pity about the K&B stub shafts though, would have been a better investment to use OS...o well something to improve on in MK II :)

Kris

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Darin,

Is that a similar design to the Leecraft you have ;)

Look good and it is awsome to see a RTR outboard!!!!!!!!

Pity about the K&B stub shafts though, would have been a better investment to use OS...o well something to improve on in MK II :)

Kris

Kris, without a doubt the styling is very similiar to the Geraghty/Tommy Lee boat I have. Love the looks of that boat. However, it doesn't seem to work very well as an FE boat. The geometry and design of the bottom of the Stiletto is necessarily different! Rod actually gave me permission to use the boat I have and reproduce it, but I thought better to start from scratch, so I drew up something new, built a plug, and ended up here.

Won't deny the styling is similiar at all, however. LOVE that styling and no one else has one like it, so I wanted to share it with the world!

Couldn't go OS... our competition might have something to say about that! ;)

I think people are going to LOVE this outboard... Can't wait to get mine here so I can post some better pics of everything.

Thats what I thought, I never did see much info from you on that boat as an FE, but I do REALLY like the looks!

Good job and I think this will be a winner!

Kris

That is COOL!!!!!

I might have to get me one of those engine covers ther are a VERY nice touch!!

very nice Darin!! I have a small question, is it built tougher than the Elam boat those are kinda of flimsy?

very nice Darin!! I have a small question, is it built tougher than the Elam boat those are kinda of flimsy?
I think most will be pleased with the glass work. This one is manufactured by a different company than some of the others. They normally do airplanes and helis. First production samples were VERY crisp and nicely finished. I have been told the production parts are also very nice indeed. I'll post some more pics once I get a production version in my hands...

I think most will be pleased with the glass work. This one is manufactured by a different company than some of the others. They normally do airplanes and helis. First production samples were VERY crisp and nicely finished. I have been told the production parts are also very nice indeed. I'll post some more pics once I get a production version in my hands...
Darin when you get one can you post pics of the leg with and without the motor cowl?

Darin when you get one can you post pics of the leg with and without the motor cowl?
Yes... I will. I have pics of the prototypes, but I don't want to mislead anyone with a non-production pic. I'll make sure and get some very detailed pics once I get one here.

Yes... I will. I have pics of the prototypes, but I don't want to mislead anyone with a non-production pic. I'll make sure and get some very detailed pics once I get one here.
Hi Darrin,

Any pics of this baby??

That boat is just soooo tasty ! Every time I look at the pix I feel my wallet stirring. Let's see.. A boat that you just charge the batt's & run !!! Ahhhh...... :unsure: :)

Tony,

I know what you mean! ;)

It really is a nicely done boat. I've been racing it since it arrived, and am slowly honing in on a good race setup. I'm not sure if, ultimately, it's going to be able to outrun a Cobra or VS-1 Tunnel, as it's a bit bigger, and a bit heavier, being a RTR, but the hull is solid. There was a trade-off of weight vs. scale looks on the outboard, so it's a tad heavier than a "real" racing outboard, however, the performance and functionality of the ProBoat unit is actually VERY good. I replaced the teflon liner with a brass liner w/ a t-fitting for an oiler, and replaced the stock K&B style stub with a Hyperformance unit, and this thing has NO drag... Handles well too.

There are a few tweaks I'm still working on for racing, mostly involving improving the cooling to the motor and motor wires, and I haven't even started trying to find the "right" prop yet, but so far, I've been in the hunt in most of the races. Brian is the only one I can't fully compete with, and, well... he's BRIAN, so that's to be expected, regardless of what I'm running! ;)

I'll try to post some pics of the mods I've done to the outboard shortly, and I have some pics still to upload showing some small changes to the radio box area that I've done to make it easier to deal with on raceday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back