Shipping to Australia

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SayMikey

I tried to ship a scale boat to Aussie land,USPS told me 36 inches max that wont work. Fedex wanted me to drive the plane $500.00 Funny when I told USPS New South Wales they said we dont deliver there.. Anyone ship any thing large there?

I tried to ship a scale boat to Aussie land,USPS told me 36 inches max that wont work. Fedex wanted me to drive the plane $500.00 Funny when I told USPS New South Wales they said we dont deliver there.. Anyone ship any thing large there?
I used to ship oversize car parts there and I used UPS.

I had a hellava time gettin' a HTB 290 there, had to put it in a box on the diagonal to get it small enough.

They have dimensions for the total square measurement of the box and its length. I'm not sure but you'll

likely end up paying the pilot to fly the plane or go by cargo ship for an 1/8th scale.

Last edited by a moderator:
International shipping is Very Expensive. UPS is as Bad as Fed X on Prices. if it goes mail. You loose control of the package when it leaves North America.

International shipping is Very Expensive. USP is as Bad as Fed X on Prices. if it goes mail. You loose control of the package when it leaves North America.
Yes, the only way I was able to ship was by surface. And, like Joe says, once it leaves North America there is no more tracking. Expensive, even by boat.....and takes 2-3 months.

Last time I did it was on 06 and used UPS.

To save money shipped the hull in one box and hardware and cowls in the other box. Saved me plenty by doing it this way but still ended up paying just over us$300 from memory.

Everything went okay until customs got a hold of it and wouldn't release it unless I came up with more $$$$$$$$.

I shipped a twin 84 RoadRunner rigger to Australia a couple years ago. The total cube dimension had to be less than 84" at that time. No way to get a scale that small. As I recall, it was $150~$200 for the 83" , 15lb package.

International shipping is Very Expensive. UPS is as Bad as Fed X on Prices. if it goes mail. You loose control of the package when it leaves North America.
exactly the same problem i am having with the missing package im dealing with..call after call for nothing, im going to give up and NEVER ship outta the country agian, no offense to the others on here but man what a deal.

tk

DHL will do it and at a great rate!! I just shipped a kit about 2 months ago, ups and usps was over 100.00 buck's DHL had it to new south whales for less than 1/3rd the price, check them out!!

exactly the same problem i am having with the missing package im dealing with..call after call for nothing, im going to give up and NEVER ship outta the country agian, no offense to the others on here but man what a deal.

tk
You just have to have patience....No use giving up. Thats the problem, you have to make sure the other party understands that it will take time. I get it all the time, even shipping to the states and back. Once it hits any border, its a crapshoot. Packages can sit for 2 weeks or 2 hours. I shipped to Jason J in aussieland one time and the boat took 2 months to get there, but it got there. He knew the deal and so did I. No use gettin your poop in a group over nothin....
tongue.gif

shipping large boxes can suck, I am worried my self, and it's a box within the states, box is 48x33x6 shipped my old wood whip gas sport to a guy in (how do you spell it) hawaii????? I made the label on usps,tracking show's info received that the label is printed, I personaly placed into the mail truck last saturday Feb, 27th,it's been a week and a 1/2 and the tracking still show's only, info received??? the last time I had this happen the person never got the box and I got screwed out of the cash with a paypal charge back and supposedly he never received it, so I was out the item and the cash??? guess what, same mail ladie??, I wonder about if she take's the box home??? so worried!!!

Latest posts

Back