Shipping lipos

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toyotatruckin

So I was at the post office and the lady knows I buy/sell a lot of RC and first thing she asks is if I had lipo batteries in the box I said no and asked why, she told me that they wernt able to ship them UNLESS they were in something (cell phone, radio, what they were made for, etc) I asked about the RC packs since they arnt specifically made to fit 1 certain application and was told they wernt supposed to ship anymore the regulations had changed---this lady at the PO is very nice BUT follows the shipping rules like a tick----anyone have any info on this I havent had to ship lipos in quite a while so Im no authority on the subject

I just dont know why I was asking --I know the PO also changed delivery confirmation to just Tracking

I just took this off the USPS site

Many household items can’t go in the mail.

Hazardous materials come in a wide variety of forms and can be chemical, biological, radioactive, or a combination.

The Postal Service's™ definition of a hazardous material includes many common household and consumer products. They may not be dangerous on your shelf at home, but they can become a hazard when shaken or when the temperature or pressure changes.

Some common hazardous materials include…

• Perfumes
  • Nail polish
  • Flea collars or flea sprays
  • Aerosols
  • Bleach
  • Pool chemicals
  • Paints
  • Matches
  • Batteries
  • Fuels or gasoline
  • Airbags
  • Dry ice
  • Mercury thermometers
  • Cleaning supplies
  • Items previously containing fuel
  • Glues
  • Fireworks

Not sure if what you’re sending is hazardous or prohibited?

Just call 1-800-ASK-USPS or your local Post Office.

No need to call on that one since batteries are listed in black and white---just wonder if they are going to crack down on it or something

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Im gonna ask my PO next time if they have a chart or any specific guidelines that needs to be followed Im not about trying to start some retarded battery shipping fear just trying to figure things out---I try to follow shipping regulations if I can

Last edited by a moderator:
Back